Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Ok, I'm almost a convert now.  The game coming out on the Mac has let me play it a bit more and get into the actual mechanics.  Just started part 3.

I've got a pretty old dual core 2.4ghz iMac, do you know if it'll run ok on it?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    Ok, I'm almost a convert now.  The game coming out on the Mac has let me play it a bit more and get into the actual mechanics.  Just started part 3.
    I've got a pretty old dual core 2.4ghz iMac, do you know if it'll run ok on it?

Yeah it'll be fine; I had a 2008 2.4Ghz iMac and a 2010 2.2Ghz MacBook and it ran fine on them.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers @Elmlea, gonna have to get me a gaming mouse! I just made my first Steam purchase with Civ V this weekend and even though the trackpad is ok, don't think it will cut it for hotline.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    It supports the 360 controller.

I really don't get this game at all. Or rather, I'm convinced I'm not getting it.
  • When's it out for ps3?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just played this for the first time and bloody hell it's tough. As not playing pc games for ages I'm very much out of practice with the old wasd controls!

May have to hook up the 360 controller
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I  really don't get this game at all. Or rather, I'm convinced I'm not getting it.
    What is it you don't like? Or don't think you get?

I love it myself. It's like a cross between the old GTA games and Manhunt and Drive and dammit that's good enough for me! Feels like some full on hi-score integration though would have gone down a treat.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It's just a bit weird for me. Like, I'm in a room and all of a sudden the letter "P" appears on my cross hair. But only when I point at certain things. So I press P and nothing happens.

Feel like I'm missing loads of stuff.
  • You're probably not missing much, really. It's very simple stuff. Go in, kill everyone, get out. Do it with knives and bats and hatchets and katanas to avoid alerting people to your presence, or break out the shotgun if you're feeling cray. 

A lot of stuff only comes together after a bit of time with the game. Swing open the door, knocking the guy guarding it to the ground. Dive on him and cave his skull in against the floor. Pick up his baseball bat, dash round the corner and throw it at the machine gun wielding thug patrolling the corridor, knocking him to the floor. Grab his gun, use him as a body shield, and go nuts on his friends in the next room. Delicious.

In the words of the inimitable Craig David, it's slicker than the average. If anyone wants a Steam key, let me know as I have one up for grabs. <3
  • I can't think what the P might be for though? Hmm.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I think I might need to play as the owl who can "find secrets".
  • I like the tiger 'cos he punches people real good.
  • I will have to get around to playing this , got it with the recent Humble Bundle along other supposed great games.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Huh, so this has twisted and turned somewhere I didn't anticipate.
    Spoiler:
    ... but even once I've finished, I dare say I'll boot this up fairly frequently. Absolutely my favourite PC game of the last few years.

• Oh yes bitches.
  • Still gotta get past the Police Station on the OG, I stopped playing it after a glitch made it unplayable due to zero sound/borked controls but I redownloaded it only for ALL THE GAMES to arrive, and also DOTA2.
  • ...Grab his gun, use him as a body shield...
    That's a thing you can do?  I need to pick this up again.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    ...Grab his gun, use him as a body shield...
    That's a thing you can do?  I need to pick this up again.

yes but it's a bit fiddly.  I've done it a few times by accident and have always died.  I believe it absorbs one hit
  • Which is preferable for this game, KB/M or controller?
  • I think it absorbs more than one hit, C. I'm not 100%, but I seem to remember taking numerous hits.

I'll be all over a sequel, day one. Absolutely love the original, particularly the soundtrack and the stuff by M.O.O.N. in particular (Hydrogen omg Hydrogen). I wonder if JByrne is doing more musical stylings for this... @Nick?
  • Which is preferable for this game, KB/M or controller?
    I haven't tried it with a controller, but the idea of it makes me nervous about buying it for Vita.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Hydrogen is a choooooon! Drop that shit when I'm dj'ing yo! Be nice to hear more of Jasper's music in the next game too, I'd like some official announcement Nick, hook us up!
  • Controller worked really well, I thought.
  • Should be sorted on that front Woodi.
  • Is it out on PS3 yet? I'd quite like to get it on that if it works nice with a controller.
  • You wanna know something sad? I've never played Hotline Miami. So yes bing the fuck on the neon murder.
  • Now listen to this and bust skulls.

Nick, it's great. Definitely get on it!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!