The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • I've not seen R1 since release, who was his teammate?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Jyn Erso, played by Felicity Jones.
  • I've not seen R1 since release, who was his teammate?

The guy that tells him not to bother looking at the number, as they’re never getting out…. (Or words to that effect)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    For some reason I thought S1 ended with ep.6

Picked up again and watched ep.7  Good stuff with more empire content and the coldness of the rebellion.
    Spoiler:
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Really struggled to stay awake during that first episode of Andor; does it get better then?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yep. First couple of eps are pretty slow, but it does git gud.
  • Andor’s great. I’d watch a whole series just of Space Qyburn.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ep.8 this just keeps getting better.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Whittaker was solid but props to Serkis. Another very different take from him shows how versatile he is. Great stuff. The oppression of Andor is clearly a metaphor for our current times of people being part of the machine of big business which is true. But I still love the politics on Coruscant. They are my favourite scenes at the moment.

Now I’m obviously being a bit thick but is it Leia in Luthen’s shop working for him? I heard him call her name twice but couldn’t work it out. If it was her then I’ve been oblivious to her character all the way through.
  • Her name’s Kleya. I misheard it too and looked it up.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ahh cheers. Thought we were into super niche Easter eggs at one point. The accent didn’t match then I wondered if there was some fan fiction that had her as an undercover rebel.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And obviously Leia is an undercover rebel. Just not a very good one.
  • The Tales of the Jedi animated series is quite good too. It’s set during the prequels with a parallel story about Dooku and the Jedi Council and is actually quite decent. Certainly better than the prequels themselves so far. I’m up to episode five.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Andor is incredible. The tension, the acting, the whole thing is just wonderful story telling.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Another solid episode. At this stage I feel like this is the dream show for Tories. Braverman probably watches it seeing the Empire as the good guys. That prison plot might even be giving her ideas about what to do with people crossing the channel.
  • Loved it again. Andor and the other Rogue One guy chipping away at Kino and doing enough that the situation that they end up in finally flips him. Andy Serkis acting all that out was quite brilliant.

More of Syril's mum is always good. I wouldn't say that I like Syril, but it's some performance and creepy stalker was not the direction I was expecting him to go, but it definitely works.

The ISB stuff all worked as well, they're horrible bastards, but they are efficient. Dedra's underling making moves behind her back was a thing as well, that's probably where the efficiency will fall apart.

I wonder what Chernobyl cast member they'll get to play the dodgy finance guy that Mon Mothma is going to have to meet?
  • Everyone seems so untrustworthy, it’s utterly compelling viewing.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I do hope that Syril’s dad turns up at some point and is being played by Kyle MacLachlan.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Dedra and Syril spin off rom-com. Definite tension there.
  • Wasn't expecting this to turn into a Snoke origin story.
  • Lawks that was a great episode. How many guards on each level? Andy Serkis, excellent acting chops on show.
    The show does an incredible job of making all the characters feel trapped by the Empire in some way. They are a suffocating presence.
    And that story of the interrogation technique.....cold as ice delivery by the Dr.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I enjoyed Tales of the Jedi. Kinda surprised they just shat it out all in one go in the middle of Andor's run. I feel like Disney could schedule their releases better.
    Spoiler:
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I_R wrote:
    Loved it again. Andor and the other Rogue One guy chipping away at Kino and doing enough that the situation that they end up in finally flips him. Andy Serkis acting all that out was quite brilliant. More of Syril's mum is always good. I wouldn't say that I like Syril, but it's some performance and creepy stalker was not the direction I was expecting him to go, but it definitely works. The ISB stuff all worked as well, they're horrible bastards, but they are efficient. Dedra's underling making moves behind her back was a thing as well, that's probably where the efficiency will fall apart. I wonder what Chernobyl cast member they'll get to play the dodgy finance guy that Mon Mothma is going to have to meet?

I listened to a podcast with Tony Gilroy and he's incredibly sympatheitc to Syril. Doesn't think he's a bad person just painfully misguided. Makes for such an interesting character. I think Andor has easily been the best Star Wars spinoff by a country mile. In the podcast he talked about how Disney initially knocked back his pitch then went off and tried to develop something completley different. When that didn't work they came back to Gilroy and said 'okay, do it your way...' Good decision.
  • Still really enjoying this. Brilliant direction, fabulous acting on the whole, decent script. Nothing massively original (unless universe context is considered I guess) but when even the cliched big speeches are done so well I'm not complaining.
    Spoiler:
  • Andor remains surprisingly brilliant.

Like Funk, I was a little unsure of the big speeches, but thought they got away with them.
    Spoiler:
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Andor remains surprisingly brilliant. Like Funk, I was a little unsure of the big speeches, but thought they got away with them.
    Spoiler:

Ha yeah the 
    Spoiler:
  • This is grown up star wars and we could of had stuff like this the whole time..
    Amazing episode.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If you’re ever watching a male Swedish actor in an American film or show and you aren’t sure what they’re called, go with Skarsgard and you’ll probably be right at least 75% of the time.
  • I was just using his Star Wars character name
  • Rev wrote:
    This is grown up star wars and we could of had stuff like this the whole time..
    Amazing episode.

Good sign that telly is quite good: when you are stressed about an escape sequence despite knowing main protag obvs gets out so it’s successful but you’re still sweating it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!