The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • g.man wrote:
    …only another 17 episodes to go then…

Genuinely, how many in the series?
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • g.man wrote:

I think it's supposed to be 12 in total.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    g.man wrote:

I think it's supposed to be 12 in total.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

I’ll retract my comment about finishing it. I have enjoyed the 3 episodes I’ve watched.
  • Yeah, they plan to do 2 seasons with 12 eps in each season.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • A certain somebody constantly reminded me of none other than FAT BASTARD

Oooooooooch ahl eat that baybay
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • g.man wrote:
    Yeah, they plan to do 2 seasons with 12 eps in each season.

I really should look up stuff before I post, shouldn’t I? It’s not like we’re without internet in Cornwall.
  • Pretty crazy how many productions Disney have up and running at once now. Their release schedule is insane. I feel sorry for those VFX people being worked into the ground
  • What's the bets they'll squeeze a Vader in there at some point
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I guess it's inevitable there'll be an increasing amount of references to Rebel Alliance/Rogue One related stuff but I'll be disappointed if it becomes an OT reference-fest after these first three episodes.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well Andor was excellent. Going from the show I didn’t think I wanted to, dare I say it, better than Mando. Amazing cast in there all well acted, solid action and a simple well told story. Can’t fault it yet.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Just watched the three Andor eps and wow! The best thing by far that Disney has done with Star Wars. Very impressed, and I particularly like the very unStar Warsy score. More of this, please, and less of…well, everything else they’ve done up until now.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yep. Andor is excellent. Prompted me to give Rogue One a rewatch.

So far it's part of my personal SW timeline.

I'm still prepared to accept the prequels.

Ep1,2,3,Andor,Rogue One,Ep4,5,6,Mandalorian.

I don't personally accept anything else. Eps 7,8,9, particularly 9 dispense, with the meaning of the sacrifices made by characters in the entire first 6 episodes - and also in Andor and Rogue One - made completely meaningless. Not to mention the disposal of the Anakin story arc. So to hell with them.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • To see acting in Andor after the dross of BOBF etc is startling. 
    That scene in episode one for example:
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    This seems to be a quite Brit deal too.

I recognised a few faces...that security guard and the sergeant in Ep.3. I think they were in Coronation St. or Eastenders.

edit: I was right...Kravos (security guard) was Lee Boardman who appeared in Coronation St (has been in a PILE of stuff though) and the Sergeant was Eastender alumni, Alex Ferns who has a similar big CV.

They have both got chunkier since but I recognised them OK.
  • Dr Trueman's no good brother Paul Trueman is in it.
  • I'm going to have watch this now aren't I?
    tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's a bit on the slow side but it's very good and is peppered with proper acting talent. Feels like "grown up" Star Wars.

After Obi-Wan I decided not to watch the Bobba Fett thing and probably still won't. This has turned a corner. Only 3 episodes but so far so very good.

Just remembered the guy on the shuttle making smalltalk - have definitely seen him before. Was a splendid, memorable little cameo.
  • Im gonna be honest and with the caveat I've only watched one ep.

I thought it was OK but pretty slow and grey-beige.
    It manages to dodge all the pitfalls the other Star Wars shows have found themselves falling into but the cost is it doesn't feel like a Star Wars show. Mando S1 nailed being good and feeling Star Warsy, this feels like an OK sci fi show.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    That is fair comment after Ep.1. I felt the same and was 50/50 about carrying on. Ep.2 is shorter and I was starting to wonder if anything significant was going to happen but they are a fine setup for Ep.3.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Don't watch Boba Davy... just don't.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I believe Andor was filmed in the UK while Covid was still affecting international travel, hence lots of Brits. People have spotted some Doctor Who easter eggs.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    They were filming just down the road from me in Dorset.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK wrote:
    This seems to be a quite Brit deal too. I recognised a few faces...that security guard and the sergeant in Ep.3. I think they were in Coronation St. or Eastenders. edit: I was right...Kravos (security guard) was Lee Boardman who appeared in Coronation St (has been in a PILE of stuff though) and the Sergeant was Eastender alumni, Alex Ferns who has a similar big CV. They have both got chunkier since but I recognised them OK.
    After becoming famous for being Trevor in Eastenders, Alex Ferns has had a real career renaissance of late. He was in the Scottish soap opera River City for a year up until 2018 which as you can imagine is fairly fucking terrible. Since then he's had a memorable (bollock naked) turn in the amazing Chernobyl, appeared in Guy Ritchie's Wrath of Man, had a small role in The Batman and now a fairly big role (it would seem at least) in Andor. Fair play to him.
  • Always thought he looked like Ang Lee's Hulk.
    ang-lee-hulk-feature-1600x900-c-default.jpg

1492700004-trevor-morgan.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yes! Remember him in Chernobyl!

There's a lesson here - the quality of "jobbing" or mid tier Brit actors. Maybe it's just me responding to them as I'm from our side of the pond, but the difference is marked. They are better.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Don't watch Boba Davy... just don't.

Don't worry. Heard enough bad stuff here. It was only the positive vibes here that got me to check Andor.
  • Our jobbing actors look like humans rather than a series of Barbie and Ken dolls, I think that helps.
  • Everyone in Andor has been great so far except for the lead.  He needs to change his face a little here and there.  Competely expressionless all/most of the time.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Yes! Remember him in Chernobyl!

Little tiddler
  • Diego Luna said in an interview that R2D2 was called 'arturito' in Mexico because it sounded the same. Arturito means 'Little Arthur' which somehow makes more sense to me than their proper name. And it's also adorable.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!