The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • I actually really enjoyed seeing Jack Black and Lizzo in that episode. Thought it was pretty good!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • It was a good fun episode. Star Wars is in general supposed to be fun. It's George Lucas' take on Flash Gordon.
  • The Mandalorian has always been a bit shit. But it had a refreshingly simple premise and was well-produced when it first started. Now, it’s, I don’t know. I don’t even know what I’m watching now. The latest episode is more hole than plot.
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I enjoyed the first couple of series but I'm getting a bit fed up with it now.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I enjoyed this episode. I wonder if this is the last series? Doesn't feel like there's a full further season of story left and they're already heavily hinting at the upcoming Filoni movie in this.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The whole season has been prep for some other thing I don't care about. Series? film? I don't know what they're cooking but I doubt I'm going to want to eat it.
  • This episode was fun but it appears that Bo Katan is now the Mandalorian. Not Mando. At this point would it not make more sense to split Mando off back doing his weekly adventures and leave Bo-Katan in the retaking Mandalore role in another series/movie? Ive no complaints about Katee btw, she is very watchable.
    Wasnt there some scuttlebutt about Pedro walking? 
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I keep going back. Watched the latest episode and sort of enjoyed it..... I forsee
    Spoiler:

Takes a proper bad guy to up the watchability.

And Katee is very watchable in more ways than one.
  • Thought the latest episode was a return to form tbh. Decent story, decent baddie, and decent bants between Grogu and Mando plus a heroic death. But agree it feels like they are setting up something else now and there was a reference to Thrawn (spelling?) in this episode to match the trailer for Ahsoka. So this is probably last series but Mando will likely appear elsewhere. But regardless, ‘tis was a decent episode my hearties. The episode before, however, was absolute gash.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I had a sickening realisation in the pit of my stomach at the end of the latest episode, that all this narrative horseshit they’ve been inflicting on us is to set up all the Snoke/Palpatine cloning bullshit from the last trilogy.
    Project Necromancer my ass!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah I read something about that. They’ve been supposedly developing that in one of the cartoons as well. They’ve gone from explaining every line of dialogue George Lucas pulled out of his arse thirty years ago to explaining JJ Abrams arse-pulls done in response to Rian Johnson bed shits.
  • But the episode itself was decent no? Who cares if you know who Thrawn is or the potential link to the woeful Palpatine clone shit? It was some decent pew pew.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I don’t think it’s ‘worse’ than anything in season 1. Same rough level of quality probably. But, for me, they’ve pissed away the good will by bogging it down in universe-building. If that stuff had been interesting or worth it, I might feel different.

Anyway, I’m in broken record mode with this. It is what it is.
  • Was it in this thread that someone said they mentally substitute “This is the way” for “It is what it is”. Ever since I saw that I’ve been doing it every time. Makes just as much sense.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I had a sickening realisation in the pit of my stomach at the end of the latest episode, that all this narrative horseshit they’ve been inflicting on us is to set up all the Snoke/Palpatine cloning bullshit from the last trilogy. Project Necromancer my ass!

Please.....no.

I remember skim reading that load of old bollocks website run by the guy who claimed he was a friend of Lucas....remember? Supershadow or some such crap? His made up stories (which he claimed were Lucas') involved the emperor being cloned. 

I remember thinking back to that pile of old shite when it became apparent that the Emperor was coming back in the 3rd trilogy. I mean....Holy Fuck.....
  • Is there too much Star Wars in this Star Wars?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I enjoyed Mando season 3 more than quite a few people on here but like... I'm starting to think they should have had some kind of baton passing from Mando and Grogu to Bo-Katan before Season 3 and just had them guest in Mandoverse stuff cos it feels like their story long since ran out of steam.
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I enjoyed Mando season 3 more than quite a few people on here but like... I'm starting to think they should have had some kind of baton passing from Mando and Grogu to Bo-Katan before Season 3 and just had them guest in Mandoverse stuff cos it feels like their story long since ran out of steam.
    Spoiler:

It's certainly not Mando's show any more.  The definite article in the title seems increasingly ironic. ("The Many, Many Mandalorians" seems more apt now.)  Maybe it will end with Grogu becoming a fully fledged pint sized Mandalorian, and they can claim the titular Mandolorian was Grogu all along...
  • Well, that's that. I'm honestly fine with it being dumb but 
    Spoiler:
    Anyway, Andor season 2 then I'm star warsed out. They've systematically pulled that franchise apart atom by atom and rebuilt it all into a simulacrum made from the purest crap.
  • I.....had many issues with this season. That parting shot though was very sweet. I love those two guys lol.
    But this should have been a 4 part Bo-Katan show, guest starring Mando and his youngling.
    Season 4 if it does what Mando says he wants to do at the S3 finale is just going back to S1 again. Which would be totally fine.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    yep I went back and I enjoyed the finale (presuming it is).  I doubt the baddie is really dead though...

That ending pastoral home scene was pure comic book. Made me smile.
  • I thought the finale was pretty good. Just a pity about the seven episodes of absolute garbage that preceded it.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Finale was fun. Some great scenes and shots, looked gorgeous.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ah yeah that was a great finale :-)
  • Fuck this TV crap its new game day!

Jedi Survivor out now.

Im preinstalled and ready to go later. Reviews have been pretty strong. Sitting at 86 on Metacritic for PS5.
    Main negatives were around performance. Push Square had a story yesterday saying a day 0 patch fixed most of those issues.

The first game was fun but not perfect. The main gameplay issues being a steep learning curve and a bit too mcuh aimless backtracking. These seem to ahve been resolved. Hopefully they have fixed or just binned off wookies because they really did look bad.

Ive got a good feeling about this.
  • Don't fall for the hype, it's a trap.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Binged this and just finished. Well that was pretty disappointing and seemed to be all over the place. At one point I thought they were just filming an RPG fetch quest, over and over. It’s like the writers just completely didn’t turn up. The action was fine and it looks lovely but the acting was terrible in places. That Jack Black planet episode my god!

Final closing shot was lovely but I could have done without the rest of the series tbh. Really disappointed.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I watched episodes 1 and 2 of Ahsoka. Basically a live action sequel to Star Wars: Rebels so far. It’s not as good as Andor or Mando 1 & 2 but it’s better than Boba or Obi-Wan. It does have quite a pedestrian ‘here’s more Star Wars content from the content mines’ feel to it. I think it’s worth checking out if you were into Rebels but if you’re only interested in watching the cream of the Star Wars crop, I think you can skip this one based on what I’ve seen so far.
  • Just watched the first 2 episodes of ahsoka and it's all very predictable, still nothing much else to watch.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!