@_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Why Boolitt? Now I’ve got this mental image of SG knocking one out.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Elite: Danger Wank
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Gotta do something while you auto Dock
  • Huzzah!! Make sure you try the in-game combat training, it'll come up as a mission for 100k and you'll have to fly to the relevant sector to train. Stay in the pilot safezone for a while before venturing out into the big bad world though.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Also, if you want community goals check out the news in the right panel. You can listen to it as you fly.
  • I play in solo.
    Too many stories of gankers hanging around early starters stations for my liking.
    Plus with the engineers now there’ll be players with tanked up shields are shredding weapons.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • We need a posse. B&B kicking arse.
  • Phase 2 of Odyssey has dropped! Nice to see they've given the game a facelift. Textures and effects improved across the board.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I play in solo.
    Too many stories of gankers hanging around early starters stations for my liking.
    Plus with the engineers now there’ll be players with tanked up shields are shredding weapons.

Saying that i do have a fully tricked out Federal Corvette (not engineered).
    Along with a Python and a bitchin Fer De Lance.
    The FDL is a monster.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Did someone say this was on Gamepass, and if so on Xbox or just PC?
  • Definitely Xbox at least cos that's how I've played it. Dunno bout PC.
  • I think just Xbox. It's a pretty good port and the pad works surprisingly well. Click right stick to look about is a nice solution.
  • Jeebus, now there's full on team based shooty shooty.

• It's nice to have the ships back. Fuck space taxis. 

Plasma weapons are now a thing. They're fun in low gravity as you have to time the heavy, slower blasts with the movements of other players. Lots of grunting/panting/yelping in space.

• The one thing I don't want from space games is death match.
  • The vid above is a mission against AI, possible offline. Many of the missions have a few ways to do them so you don't have to go round shooting everything. 

You're right though, the MP conflict zones are a surprise - there's even capture the flag, but I guess you can just ignore them. There's plenty of first person gathering and exploring to be done, although they haven't released the biometric tools and suits yet for gathering samples.
  • Climbing a hill for no reason whatsoever.

Flying around for no reason.

• How to not land on a high g planet.

• Set this downloading last night.  Will see if I can find a window today to give it a shot.
  • Yas!
  • Are atmospheric landings available in VR? That is - while I'm in the ship (I know you can't jump out in VR quite yet).

I feel like even if I don't play the game a huge amount more, that's one I have to experience.
  • Everything is still VR until you walk about. Then it projects to a big screen in VR.
  • Can't wait. Elite Dangerous is one of the best things about VR gaming.
  • Yeah it's pretty amazing in VR, and it'll only get better as the hmds improve. It's one of the few games I forget I'm in VR.
  • Turns out I downloaded 60GB of fuck all so am now downloading another bit of Elite.  Start as you mean to continue, game.
  • And now it wants my MS account details or I have to create a new profile.  Fuck all this shit, I'm going back to the Electron version.
  • Yeah it's probably going to take some YT videos just to get the game running. Just wait until you have to get the landing gear down.
  • NMS maybe the Fisher Price version of Elite Dangerous, but it's probably more 'fun'.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I tried NMS briefly.  Spent an hour zapping rocks then "flew" to another planet and decided not to bother zapping rocks any more.
  • It's even worse in VR.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!