Uncharted
  • So I've read ND will now be aiming for 30fps SP + 60 for the multi and that's perfectly alright with me.

Shiny SP and less so but smoother, more responsive online MP ftw.
  • indigo wrote:
    So I've read ND will now be aiming for 30fps SP + 60 for the multi and that's perfectly alright with me. Shiny SP and less so but smoother, more responsive online MP ftw.

+1
    Naughty gods.
  • According to Games Radar Sony didn't show the best bit of the trailer at E3.

The writer states 'there's honestly a world before that demo and a world after'

It's a game changer.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Well the first half was pretty spectacular enough.

Guess they'll show the second half at the next big reveal.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • and then there'll be a world after.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    So I've read ND will now be aiming for 30fps SP + 60 for the multi and that's perfectly alright with me. Shiny SP and less so but smoother, more responsive online MP ftw.

I had the same idea. It's the best way for keeping everyone (mostly) happy. Glad to hear it's been confirmed(ish).

• ^ This guy can be a bit too effusive in his ND-praise for some, but his vid does a good job of highlighting some of the more subtle things that are happening in terms of physics, animation, lighting etc. Well worth a watch imo.

It also shows some stills from next (only shown behind closed doors) part of the demo-sequence.
  • It's extremely impressive.
  • "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • That sequence is obscenely AAA. It's almost like it should be called AAAA or we should demote all previous AAA games to AA.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Dayum...
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Holy shit that looks good.
  • Impressive visuals. Gameplay looks completely unappealing. Way too much shooting and chasing and shooting. Where's the ancient site and wandering around?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm sure they'll find time for that in the other 6hrs 45mins. This 15mins is a little story of its own, it introduces the characters, shows you their goal, then introduces their antagonist, a big truck with a gun on it. Then it's some shooting, ducking, running, punching, shooting, climbing, jumping, shooting, driving, swinging, dodging, climbing, jumping, punching, jumping, dragging, shooting, climbing, driving, then shooting until the equilibrium is restored.

Classic victorian farce.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That puts a good many cinema action sequences to shame.  The only hollow point was the water when Drake is being dragged through it.  Fire was excellent in the jeep cabin.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Impressive visuals. Gameplay looks completely unappealing. Way too much shooting and chasing and shooting. Where's the ancient site and wandering around?

That's a bit like saying Mario has too much jumping.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    He does.

That looks impressive on my phone. Wi have to look at it on the TV later to see the details better but this is going to be another great, but ultimately one time, affair again and I'm happy with that.
  • Skondo wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Impressive visuals. Gameplay looks completely unappealing. Way too much shooting and chasing and shooting. Where's the ancient site and wandering around?

That's a bit like saying Mario has too much jumping.

I get that, though.

I think it all depends on what you expect/want from a game.

If you go in expecting Man Raider then the platforming is light and the combat too much. Of course, that's what the game is, but I'm also one of those people who would like less bang bang and more environment traversal.

It's the same reason I don't like the Arkham games - too much thug bashing. The first half of Asylum is good fun but eventually the gadgets just become ways to get into new rooms to bash ever increasing waves of thugs and defeat bosses with set animations and routines. If you're into that thing, coolio, but I find it lacks the joy of exploration that I was led to believe given the 3D metroidvania tag. Same reason I didn't get on with Guacameele.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You do kill too many people in the Uncharted games I feel. And take too many bullets to the face to regenerate. Considering the character you play as there's a point my suspension of disbelief leaves me like with films. Had the same feel with Tomb Raider.

Devs need to figure out how to create smaller fire fights and give the goons more character.
  • That's a bit like complaining Arnold kills to many people at the end of Commando.. because he couldn't carry all those guns never mind dodge all those bullets.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Drake ain't Arnold though. I don't remember Indy being quite so handy a death machine. Most of his fights are exciting smackabouts.
  • I've always thought Indy's films where almost documentaries there so realistic. I know I keep an old fridge in the garden in case of nuclear fallout.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's one area the Uncharted games diverge from the tone of their inspiration material greatly and rely too much on gameyness. By the point of UC3 I found the shooting quite boring and helped me to think that game was tosh.

Fuck off Hugh Grant.
  • I had a similar problem with 24:Another Day.

I don't mind with games though. Mainly because it's fun. It would be less fun if there was less shooting.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Would it be tho we'l never know because most studios don't seem to try anything else. Drake could at least be given the option to run away or sneak around instead of kill all of the two dozen trained military hardcases on screen one by one.
  • Shooting things though is the main way we interact with action games. It's the same for GTA and anything else you care to mention.

Granted if he got a bit more Tony Robinson on his archeology I think we'd all be happier but would it make for a better game? Maybe there could be a few sections where he gets out a brush and dusts things off looking for clues?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I have zero interest in shooting things in an uncharted game, the promise of traversing environmental puzzles was the draw and ultimately they were a pretty disappointment. I was just bored of pulling the trigger at waves of enemies.
  • Yeah best bit of the two Uncharted games I played (1&2) was walking around that mountain village in 2. Then they had to put in some more fucking shooting. Dicks.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah Uncharted 3 really was a low point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!