Selling / Items wanted - The punting stuff and creating joy thread
  • I thought you choose option whether to relist when you set up the auction/listing? That was the case last time I sold. 

I must’ve been logged in when visiting website then when I saw the offer on website.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I can see it under my offers when I go to sell.

I'm tempted to list my Playstation 4 Pro. Boxed with a few games. Guessing there would be no interest on here for it?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Not sure this is right thread but I’ve bought a lifting belt from eBay and now it’s arrived it’s not the right size (I’m 90% sure on this but trying to get confirmation from various places). The seller is claiming it is what was advertised and has sent an email confirmation for his purchase claiming it proves it. I’m not convinced it does (it’s not entirely clear) and either way, from measuring the belt it can’t be large as advertised. So my question, What are my rights here in terms of eBay? The seller doesn’t accept returns but if he missold the item?
    GT: Knight640
  • if missold, you should get refund. But won’t you have to provide evidence?

Would you settle for a partial refund? Let the seller know and you can maybe avoid a dispute process.
  • Proof is pretty difficult given there’s no indicator on the belt itself what it’s size is. I’ve been in touch with the manufacturer to ask what size a L belt is laid out flat and if I can get confirmation that way I should be able to prove it.
  • Yeah hard one, that. Check the eBay site for Q&As on disputes. See if they mention if there’s a fairly big window to getting resolution etc so that you can at least open up a case. If you leave it too long, you might not be able to get eBay involved.
  • Ebay pretty much always sides with the buyer so I'd just ask for a refund and return it (make sure you go signed for) . If he doesn't comply go to the resolution centre.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Sounds like a side quest when you put it like that.
  • Ha ha ha!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    If Syph runs out of stock, I've got my OG day one Switch for sale (I've also got a Lite and an OLED, hence sale), with all gubbins etc.  I've no idea what they go for on eBay, but badger price ofc if anyone's remotely tempted.
    Elm! Don’t come muscling into my space!
    Spoiler:
    You’d be getting around £180-190 for an unpatched, boxed, compete Switch on eBay. I really do have to stop buying them. Said I would, then picked up 2 more this week.

I'm happy to play second fiddle...!  Only issue I have is the little plastic grid on top of the heat exhaust bit has broken.  Seems to be really common, but because of that Game and CEX etc wouldn't take it as a trade in when I upgraded to the OLED (with its significantly stronger little grid thing).

If anyone knows what it could go for on Ebay with that, let me know, I'll whack it up there.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    Ebay pretty much always sides with the buyer so I'd just ask for a refund and return it (make sure you go signed for) . If he doesn't comply go to the resolution centre.

This. Get the issue raised asap. If you leave it too late then they won't get involved. They really do push for an early resolution and will refund buyer almost by default. Have experienced it both ways.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • So I put some shit up on eBay (I’m hylian_elf) yesterday. Hmmm’d and haaaa’d about signed Wolf Hall and decided against listing that. I bought it to read and keep and as tempting as it was to make a quick buck on it, decided not to. (I hate it when others profit from a purchase so quickly, fucking scalpers.)

Anyway. Of all the stuff on there, it’s a Bayonetta book that’s gotten the most attention so far! And… an old wifi range extender.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The Dark Souls book any good?
  • Not a keeper for me. Apart from interview with Miyazaki at the back (printed on thinner paper for some reason), it’s just pictures with no insight or commentary.

I’m contrast to others in keeping like Okami and Halo where there’s lots of commentary and promo pics and stuff included.
  • davyK wrote:
    Eric wrote:
    Ebay pretty much always sides with the buyer so I'd just ask for a refund and return it (make sure you go signed for) . If he doesn't comply go to the resolution centre.

This. Get the issue raised asap. If you leave it too late then they won't get involved. They really do push for an early resolution and will refund buyer almost by default. Have experienced it both ways.

Thanks. In the end the seller was happy to refund without any evidence that I was right but I got evidence anyway (I wanted to know the size so I can get the correct one next time).

• To be fair "Give me a refund I'm too swole for this muscle belt" has an angle to it.
  • Sold a few bits on eBay to take advantage of £1 max FVF.  I can already tell one of the buyers is gonne be trouble.

Also, got charged c£3.30 for an item that sold for c£180.  Why?  It's the only one going abroad, something to do with that?
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Sold a few bits on eBay to take advantage of £1 max FVF.  I can already tell one of the buyers is gonne be trouble. Also, got charged c£3.30 for an item that sold for c£180.  Why?  It's the only one going abroad, something to do with that?

That vibe is the worst. Had a kid tell me they couldn't afford a Switch I was selling, then went ahead an bought it anyway. Needless to say it's now being returned to me as 'faulty' even though it never was. eBay are holding £80 against my account, so I stopped getting pay outs for a while until it is resolved. Now waiting for it to be returned. It will have either been broken by him to get a refund, or there will be nothing wrong with it and I'll have gone through the hassle for nothing. I should've followed my gut and declined the sale.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Sold a few bits on eBay to take advantage of £1 max FVF.  I can already tell one of the buyers is gonne be trouble. Also, got charged c£3.30 for an item that sold for c£180.  Why?  It's the only one going abroad, something to do with that?
    That vibe is the worst. Had a kid tell me they couldn't afford a Switch I was selling, then went ahead an bought it anyway. Needless to say it's now being returned to me as 'faulty' even though it never was. eBay are holding £80 against my account, so I stopped getting pay outs for a while until it is resolved. Now waiting for it to be returned. It will have either been broken by him to get a refund, or there will be nothing wrong with it and I'll have gone through the hassle for nothing. I should've followed my gut and declined the sale.

What was their feedback record like? Not sure it means much any more. Mine is 123 with a cyan/light blue star.
  • They had 4 feedback. I didn't think to check.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I only say because back in the day some sellers wouldn't entertain people with low feedbacks.  I make a point to leave feedback for sellers and buyers. Same on Amazon.

I'll still leave +ve feedback if a seller screws up but sorts the problem out - they are the real good sellers.
  • I cancelled bids from someone with 0 feedback on my Bayonetta book.  I thought they were taking the piss with how much they were bidding and they did lots of bids to push up the price as someone else had proxy bid a high amount.

Next thing you know someone with 1 feedback did the same thing.  I thought fuck it. Guy is overseas, paid straight away (£180!).  Better not say it's not as described.
  • Another £1 max selling fee weekend. Time to list more shit. And one or two good things.
  • I have a USA original 3DS in pink. Before I put it online, is that scratching a niche for anyone here? Turns out you can’t play EU games on it, so it’s served its purpose for me. DS games are fine on it though.
  • I have a pair of IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors that I no longer require -

pq7wIxS.jpg
    PS4 controller for scale.

These are very cool, really small footprint but shockingly big sound for such a small speaker. They're intended to be super compact studio monitors so they have a decently flat frequency response (down to 45Hz which is very impressive for a 3 inch woofer) and good clear stereo imaging. They're ideal for really small rooms or places with limited desk space, for making music or just for listening to stuff.

I'm only selling them because I got some other big monitors for my music setup now and these are kind of surplus to requirements, and I could do with the monies. They do have a slight whine that could be annoying, but it's only audible in quiet environments when there's there's nothing playing or it's playing at low volume. For some reason I bought three years worth of accidental damage insurance along with them when I got them a couple of months ago, so if you did have some issue with them you could just let me know and I'll help sort it out I guess.

£180 for them. I also bought one of these AC portable battery banks with it, which you can use to supply power to them if you're away from a socket for some reason. If you wanted that with it I'll do both for £200.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ave a sealed copy of Teslagrad for Wiiu that I have 0 attachment to. On one of my discord I was alerted that it is worth a lot, with last selling Copy on ebay being silly

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165778850098?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=kcdQAqSMTEy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Il4Jn8VmQyy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

Therefore I want to flog it. I haven't sold stuff on ebay in ages, so any advice about selling on there appreciated. Will they still take 10% fees?
  • I bid one pound.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!