I Wanna Get It On With Jahbulon : The Shmups/STG Thread
  • Yeah. Like, are there any differences between PS3 and 360 versions of Under Defeat HD. Welcome back.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • so this is where it is, apparently.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Yeah. Like, are there any differences between PS3 and 360 versions of Under Defeat HD. Welcome back.

Fanks. Get the PS3 version. The 360 hasn't been patched because of $40,000. Also, the DLC is worth picking up. Cheap PSN cards here.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I have places on a pre-2011 Japanese PSN account with Einhander, R-Type Delta, Shien-Ryu and something else. Tenner to you, if you want.

It may or may not have the Under Defeat HD DLC, too. I can't remember. Will check later.
  • While I was away attending to Ernest Borgnine's estate I bought some Shmups that I can recommend. Eschatos is absolutely fucking brilliant and cheap. I cannot recommend it enough.
    Also this Xbox Indie thing for 80pts is a bit shit, but it's better than Sine Mora.

• JUST IN - RISING STAR GOT UNDER DEFEAT HD.
  • Yo dood. 

re: Revolver 360 - think the dev has been pretty proactive in getting feedback from shmup forums etc... and improving his game. Seem to recall enjoying the demo. Can't grumble at 80msp

May give Eschatos a look then.

edit: sa-weet
  • YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!! So I don't need to worry about Jap account and points card then.

Also, Eschatos really that good? For some reason, never really looked into it.
  • Eschatos looked like dogshit to me, but I'd read nothing but positive reports about it from people who started their thing with "I thought this looked shit until I got it.." Then it dropped in price and I sold my Mamoru-Kun, took the proceeds from that and picked it up.
    I was shocked at how addictive it is. I got a few weeks ago and played upwards of 40 hours on it so far, which is unheard of for me. The chaining system is compelling. It's so simple.

Mamoru-Kun is a horrible piece of shit btw.
  • Wotcher Hill.
  • Mamoru-Kun is a horrible piece of shit btw.

Now you tell me! Well, I got it and I haven't taken to it greatly, but still playable. I intend on spending a bit more time with it and try and nail the scoring.

What have you heard of Bullet Soul, by the way?
  • I played the demo of that Som (it's up on the JP store), it was pretty turd. No heart.
  • The demo seemed decent, but the game is a piece of shit. I gave it a couple of hours, took a ten quid hit on it and got rid. There isn't really much around about Bullet Soul. It's a bit pricey, so it's only for the serious nerds, but the Eschatos price drop sprung a tonne of Youtube vids evangelising it, so I bought it. Honestly, it's fantastic. It's like a G-Rev remake of Judgment Silver Sword. Qute are definitely on my radar as a serious dev.
  • Good to have you back Lawro. Will check out Revolver360.
  • Huzzah! Larry's back.

:D

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • DoDonPachi Saidaioujou apparently coming to Xbox Spring 2013. Heard this is one tough mother.
  • SAIdaiojou? Whats the difference between this and Daioujou? TOO MANY VERSIONS!!!!
  • This is the new one in the arcades. The one that really good players can't get past stage 2. eek

• Looks gorgeous, but I think we already have enough DDP. We need a simpler Espgaluda or a Mushi sequel. Or brand new IP that checks million of gold at you every second.
  • daviedigi wrote:
    is under defeat ever going to get an eu release or is importing the only option?
    I can't see it happening, Davie. Rising Star Games would be the only ones brave enough to take a punt on it and they have Cave sewn up, already. G-rev aren't as high profile.

lol

• Snops Attack Zombie Defense Squadron a good effort for 240msp on Indie.

Also - check out this fellow on Youtube if you haven't already for massive Cave goodness. (CAVE PCB)

• Is it true that Bulletsoul is available on Hong Kong Games on Demand and that you don't don't need a VPN to get it? It's region free.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Been back on Ikaruga recently, learning Normal mode rather than sticking to the comfort of Easy.  Not 1cc'd it yet but have had plenty of painful failures at the final boss and can't remember if there's a way of practising it.  Might have to dig the GC version out as I could do with some slow-mo runs of Ch.2 and 3's bonus sections.

What are Treasure up to at the moment anyway?
  • Is it true that Bulletsoul is available on Hong Kong Games on Demand and that you don't don't need a VPN to get it? It's region free.

Actually forget about it, had another go at the demo and it's a pile of shit.
  • Dubs wrote:
    Been back on Ikaruga recently, learning Normal mode rather than sticking to the comfort of Easy.  Not 1cc'd it yet but have had plenty of painful failures at the final boss and can't remember if there's a way of practising it.  Might have to dig the GC version out as I could do with some slow-mo runs of Ch.2 and 3's bonus sections.

What are Treasure up to at the moment anyway?

A new Parodius game with Cave (fap fap - I wish)
  • Actually forget about it, had another go at the demo and it's a pile of shit.

Glad we are on the same page.
  • Ah, glad read these posts. I was considering getting it. 

Oh yeah must order Eschatos soon.
  • Seriously, Bulletsoul is a joke. There are hugely superior XBLIG.
    I confused that with Eschatos because they came out at the same time.
    Eschatos!
  • Under Defeat HD Oct 26th.
    Bit steep, but I'm in no hurry. I'll just be picking it up for the collection at some stage.
    G-Rev holding out on delivering the 360 patch makes more sense, now. Shame they couldn't say anything to the constant moaning on their Facebook for a 4:3 mode.

• I've not bought it yet for PS3 so £30 for this one would do me fine. Includes a letter from the CEO, eh? Wut?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!