Tattoos
  • That’s a really nice bear tat dude. I should get a tat... birthdays coming up.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Or a fire badger, the only thing known to scare a honey badger
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I have been flipflopping on the idea of a tattoo for a while, mainly because I appreciate the artistry of them and I have some 'orrid forearm scars i've always wanted to cover up. Never been able to settle on anything I really like, but have seen something recently that I could get as a one off and probably extend into something more interesting if I ever wanted to.

My question is like... how much does it hurt? I dunno how much of a wuss I am, or what I could take, but so many people have them that I feel it must be fairly tolerable, right? Any advice on prep or things to consider?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you get it done properly it doesn't hurt at all. By properly, I mean get wasted on some cocktail of drink and drugs, choose the scuzziest looking place and wave vaguely at some tattoos in a book then hope for the best. That's what I did anyway. No idea what my tattoo is but it comes with a tale of debauchery so that's ok.
  • Don’t take anything. No pre-emptive painkillers, no booze. Alcohol thins the blood, as do most painkillers. No artist wants you bleeding more than necessary, it’s annoying and gets in the way of them seeing what they’re doing.

Yes it hurts a bit. It’s supposed to. But really, it doesn’t hurt much It’s just a prick, or a scratch. And once you get past the first few seconds, it dulls down into a sensation rather than a pain.

You’ll be more irritated by the healing process. It hurts afterwards. And once you get past that point, it itches. It itches like hell, sometimes. But you’ll be fine. If you can handle a skinned knee and some midge bites, you can handle a tattoo.

Your artist will recommend aftercare. Do exactly what they say. Don’t fuck around, because the results are for life. Usually it’s just about how to cover it up, when to uncover it again, and what ointment/cream/etc to put on it afterwards (that part’s mostly about preventing a dry scabbing process).
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Completely agree with poprock, was about to recommend aftercare but that's a stupid and arrogant thing for me to do, your artist is your artist and while each will ave slightly different methods they've got years pf experience and returning customers to draw on. Ask to see their portfolio, check that the place looks clean and has separate consulting, waiting and working areas, make sure you have a rapport with the artist and off you pop
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Also don;t get too tied into what you want, some designs etc might not work for either the desired area of the body or even the medium of tattoo. Have the consult and take on board what they bring to the conversation, at the same time don;t let them run off with it and give you something you don't want either
  • Cool, Ev has a bunch of tattoos so i’ll let her shout at me about aftercare
  • Everyone feels pain differently, so it's difficult to truly state but for me, I'd liken it to... If you've ever given blood, then when the needle goes in your arm there's that scratch feeling. That is what it felt like to me, just consistently for 2.5 hours. It wasn't unbearable, but at times I did have to use Harsh Language.

Defo make sure you use proper aftercare. You'll always have the tattoo but proper care in first two weeks means it'll look fresher for longer, and won't fade as quickly.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sensible tattoos, fuck sake.
  • I’m pretty sure I had extra strong mints while my tattoo was being done, it stings a little but wasn’t as painful as I thought.

I used Bepanthan cream afterwards.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Sometimes I wish I’d got myself covered in tattoos just for the girls it unlocks. Unfortunately I’m too indecisive
  • Achievement Unlocked
  • Sometimes I wish I’d got myself covered in tattoos just for the girls it unlocks.

Is it actually still the ’90s in Berlin?
  • were people covered in tattoos during the 90s? I guess people my age weren’t as I was too young. But I don’t really remember what old people were like.

They’re really big on tattoos here, especially the Berghain and Kitkat crowd. The girls with loads of them won’t even look at you unless you’re on ascension 9 or something. They definitely allow guys to punch above their weight
  • Never stop raging against the dying of the light, e-c.
  • Youve imagined a tone that isn’t there. No rage on my end
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha
  • Okay someone bring me up to speed
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Obviously not typed from memory
  • Berghain sounds more fetish than most places, so I think tats go further with that crowd than others. is Kitkat the same? I thought that was just your regular sex club. I've rarely come across heavily tatted folk in the UK outside of Torture Garden and its ilk.

If there were temporary tattoos (not the ones in comics) that lasted say 6 months or something, I'd be more inclined. As it is though, I can't think of anything I'd want to have on my body when I hit 60+.
  • I don't think many people would call Berghain a fetish club. I guess some might call it a gay club that welcomes straight people, so long as they aren't shaping the mood. They've fostered a certain crowd that has a particular look, and that particular look has an obvious preference for other people who look similar. I have so little style sense that I can't even describe it. If I said that cliche Berlin trendy look would you know what I meant? It's like a fetishised version of that.

Kitkat is definitely a fetish club, and for sure it has a much broader spectrum of people. That said, if you mention Kitkat girls to most people living here, they will likely think of someone like this:

https://www.instagram.com/internetxdoll/

Not because they are the majority, but I guess they stand out the most and there are always quite a few of them there. They really trigger me. I don't think it's possible to look at them without thinking something depraved. At least not until they turn 30. Sadly there is only one type of guy they like and I have nothing in common with him.
  • cockbeard wrote:

ha. okay thanks
  • Women under 30 aren't for me if I'm honest. Berghein definitely on my list.
  • cockbeard wrote:

I’d quite like to see what Cockocorrect vs Dylan Thomas might look like though.
  • I think I'd like to learn how to tattoo without actually ever getting one myself.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Haha, wow that could be fun, I might have to try that out on certain pieces of purpose and poetry
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well Mr B first build your own fun then get loads of pig skin to practise on, but building your own gun is pretty much a rite of passage

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!