Tattoos
  • Yeah I guess a nail and a chewed biro isn't the ideal.
  • I don't think cucko's rites of passage are the same as anyone else's. He probably built a meth lab too.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I didn't mean for every teenager, I mean for tattooists, but Mr B isn't far away. Made one at 17 to do my mate Jim with a retractable ball point, some sewing needles, and an N64 rumble pak
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • That's quite impressive.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • cockbeard wrote:
    … with a retractable ball point, some sewing needles, and an N64 rumble pak

100% on brand.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    certain pieces of purpose and poetry

Good start.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I saw a middle aged guy today with massive tattoo on one inside forearm of Paul Stanley from Kiss. On the other forearm, from elbow to wrist, he had PAUL STANLEY tattooed in huge capital letters. I guess he was a fan.
  • He should have been Kissed less as a baby.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Holy thread resurrection!

Finished off the linework on this yesterday - it goes further down but no-one needs to see my arse:

Back-Linework.jpg

Looking forward to getting the shading and colour done now.
  • Wow! That's going to be incredible when it's all finished.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So when did you join the yakuza?
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    Funny story, I am a pharmacist, and the japanese word for pharmacist is 薬剤師 which translates to 'yakuzaishi'
  • That's not an 'I didn't'.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    *looks around shiftily*
  • That cannot have been cheap to do.

I'm not sure I've ever taken ramen cooks that seriously either but such is the world.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    I go by a simple mantra:

Good tattoos aren't cheap
    Cheap tattoos aren't good

Of course, mates who are tattoo artists giving you a good deal etc are an exception but very few of us have that as an option!
  • Hello all.

I am thinking about finally getting a tattoo. I have been close for years.

I know that I want to get a particular lyric but the problem is it starts with the word 'and' and I do not know if it looks better without it or if removing it is 'unfaithful' to the lyric.

I am not very good at knowing what looks good so I also do not know if it looks better over two lines or four.

I also do not know if it looks better in small caps. I do not know if a big 'I' works well in caps.

I know that tattoos should be personal but its the lyric that is more important to me. I would be happy with any one of these but I realise some might look 'off' to other people.

XRgXWpw.jpg

"LoL wHy ArE yOu GeTtInG a GrEeN dAy TaTtOo?!" There, I have said it so you don't have to. ;)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I prefer it without the “and”, and a small I just looks wrong, especially with the caps at the start of the sentences. Maybe all in small caps could work.

And whose alt are you?
  • When I got my back whole tattoo I decided to drop all the punctuation.
    I felt it flowed better with the message of the song. It also helped the layout and allowed the lyrics to properly wrap around Gabriella and Monica's faces.

I also got the artist to alternate typefaces by line then outline opposite words in red and blue meaning with 3d glasses on the words "Girls" and "Boys" really popped. With Cheeky in bold throughout.

Once my scarification is finished it will also look like the girl's faces are in relief. Relief will be the word as well because it hurts like hell.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Don't worry about being "faithful" to the lyric, be faithful to yourself and go with what feels and looks good
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • LivDiv wrote:
    When I got my back whole tattoo I decided to drop all the punctuation.
    I felt it flowed better with the message of the song. It also helped the layout and allowed the lyrics to properly wrap around Gabriella and Monica's faces.

I also got the artist to alternate typefaces by line then outline opposite words in red and blue meaning with 3d glasses on the words "Girls" and "Boys" really popped. With Cheeky in bold throughout.

Once my scarification is finished it will also look like the girl's faces are in relief. Relief will be the word as well because it hurts like hell.

Do you have Touch My Bum tattooed on your back?
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    Had a session on my back yesterday

Looking forward to starting the colour next session

Warning - arse on show

https://imgur.com/a/5Gm6DXK
  • Haha great work around the bum crack, good stuff.

I want a photo of Bob's Green Day tattoo now.
  • Wow that is one big tattoo! Looks great
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • That's going to be quite a thing when it's finished Questor. Must be costing a small fortune to have that done?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    It's not so bad considering how long it'll be on my body!

I have no idea what the current going rate for good work is in the UK but this is pretty standard for Aus pricing anyway
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Questor wrote:
    Holy thread resurrection! Finished off the linework on this yesterday...

That's fuckin' epic. Someone check Questor's hands, is he missing a little finger? That'll settle the question of his yakuza-hood.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam

Send message
    saying nothing
  • Oof, black fill. That must have been a fun session :P

My tattoo update/extension got rescheduled due to Covid multiple times (one time it was gonna happen on a Saturday and a lockdown was announced and activated midnight on the Thursday night. That one hurt as I thought we were in the clear). Seems she has some medical stuff that's getting in the way of vaccination so I'm not sure when it's going to happen. Well I'm hoping it's actually that and not an anti-vax thing. Pretty sure if it was she'd be open for business without a care in the world.

It's frustrating because we'd created such a cool design and I was excited to have it done. That was back before Covid and it's still tickling my brain as something I want so that has to mean something.

Did you end up getting yours tattoo virgin? Are you still around?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!