CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Supposedly Tesco are selling this today if anyones after it early.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Careful, you!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Shopto posted, but got it delivered to work, oh well, got blands and FIFA till Monday!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Really enjoying this. It's good to have Resi back in a contemporary setting. Slight whiff of Dead Rising in some bits. Weapons are as awesome and satisfying as always, but unfortunately not upgradeable. Odd decision. Not sold on the perks/skills yet, but i assume they'll come into their own the more you progress.

Good news (for me) is Mercs is available from the off. It's only Agent Hunt that requires completion of the campaign.

Seems pretty lengthy. 5 chapters per character, and i'm 4 hours deep and only on Chapter 2 of Leon's story. Decent package then.

So far so good!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think reviews drop for this tomorrow. Mine is coming, so whatever, but early rumblings are not good.
  • Played a couple of sections of the demo (Leon and Chris). It's not a disaster, but it does get messy whenever things get busy. The melee combat is clumsy and it's easy to get disoriented. The biggest afront, however, is probably the script - I know RE games have always been dodgy in this respect but the cliche per sentence ratio is nearing 100% here. It's genuinely unpleasant. The presence of an AI partner doesn't seem as bad as it was in the 5 demo, but overall it seems limited in terms of possible tactics.

Makes me think I should play 4 again more than anything.
  • A few thoughts after playing the first chapter of Leon's story. Minor, non plot related spoilers to follow, if you are looking to go in fresh and/or hate reading shittily written posts please avoid.
    Spoiler:
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Yeah, be warned that it doesn't save at every checkpoint.

I resorted to leaving the game paused if i was taking a break, after two quit/reloads which put me 15 mins or so back from where i was.
  • Looking forward to this, have had concerns about whether it would hit the survival and horror notes that it should, but it sounds like there's so much content that what I'm looking for should be in there somewhere.

Comment under the EG preview, definitely someone with a similar view:
    I don't get it - they have plenty of templates. Take notes from dead space, dark souls, amnesia, or even lone survivor and play through your first games again. Rather than go with more action, put in a proper physics system so you can actually barricade doors. Make the zombies the main focus and not increasingly ridiculous mutant monsters. Then we'll talk.
  • Edge review coming at 4pm. Gonna guess 7, hope for an 8. 6 is a very real threat though.
  • I'm tempted by this because I quite liked the No Hope advert, but I've a feeling it won't last when I see the game.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • It's gonna be shite and I'm gonna love it
  • please ignore this post, f'd up the formatting something fierce, wasnt worth readiing anyway
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mine has arrived.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    US OPM gave it 90% and called it "goofy" "strange" "too silly to take seriously" and "unforgettable".

OKAY THEN
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm at the end of Leon's campaign and it has been thoroughly enjoyable, even solo.
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    sort of in on this sort of not.....like the co-op scope that has been suggested.....be ace if it was 'mazin like.
    rest less
  • I'll lap it up like the Capcom whore I am.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Looking forward to invading other players campaigns. ;)
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    Nick wrote:
    I'll lap it up like the Capcom whore I am.
    It's the fucking bosses I have always yawned at. Capcom have this irritating way of reminding you you are playing a game with repetitive weak point bosses.
    rest less
  • Louiecat wrote:
    Nick wrote:
    I'll lap it up like the Capcom whore I am.
    It's the fucking bosses I have always yawned at. Capcom have this irritating way of reminding you you are playing a game with repetitive weak point bosses.
    As opposed to what? An ultra realistic apocosimulator? Enjoy it as a game, if you go to Resi games looking for immersion you're looking in the wrong place.
    Although, having said that, my local Spar is staffed by a grizzled chancer who spits "Whaddayabuyin?" at me whenever I enter the premises. That might just be the north east though.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I'd go to my local shop more if he did that.

I love Capcom bosses, they are the bosses of bosses.
  • Fukunraaaagh
    It's 16:10 Edge! I can't check back at 4PM that would involve time travel, post ya dam review.
  • Tis Up

It got a
    Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Gonna read a few more reviews I think.
    Edge's was informative enough but like most Edge reviews I have no idea if the reviewer actually enjoyed the game or not, surely the most important thing.
  • was hoping there might have been some kind of humdinger in the game that would have elevated it above that score, shame.

Cover mechanics in this, really? Learn 2 survival horror again pls capcom.
  • Did you really expect survival horror? We've got that coming up with Project Zwei, this is just Resi6, pantomime fun dressed up as a SRS ZOMBI FIYTUR GAYM.

I wouldn't have it any other way, except the same but higher quality, like 4.
  • Not to be a pure example of the genre, but to at least correct some of the wrongs of 5.

You'd have thought that the goal of splitting it up like they have would be to include some variety, like maybe even a survival horror part.

But no, cover mechanics, awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!