CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Started Chris' campagin in co-op last night. Chapter 1 smelt like Army of Two². Far too narrow spaces for co-op + enemies + NPC's all getting in each others way.

Then Chapter 2....fuck me! If that isn't a complete change of scenery i dunno what is. My face literally dropped. Proper stunning. And balls out mental set-pieces to boot.

From what i've played so far, this game is completely off its head. It has no idea what it's trying to be, and because of this, it seem to be mimicking every other game out there to make up for it.

Doesn't make it any less enjoyable though.  ;)
  • Gonna love this, I think TTT is getting cut - given it an honest effort and feel like it hasn't given anything back.
  • Curtis has exactly the right frame of mind for this.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tommy Wiseau's Resident Evil
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A few screws loose?

Sorry Curtis.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I think it's good that a game keeps you guessing. I've played 7 of the 15 Chapters, and i couldn't have predicted any one of 'em.

Sure, there's no sense to it all. But who cares, right?
  • No, he's enjoying it for the broken fun it is. Never understood why this is a hard concept to understand. Fun is fun.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I understand the concept of fun, but I didn't have any with the Resi demo. Glad you are able to have a hoot playing it ironically or whatever you're doing Tempy.
  • Playing it for fun. I didn't play the demo, but a lot if it has just been running through insane set pieces that blow up all around you. It's not 4 but I never expected it to be. What was so bad about the demo?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The combat and camera were abysmal, after playing Leon's bit I thought there wouldn't be much combat so it might be alright. Then I played Chris' section and started to cry. The cutscenes and 'acting' were awful, but I suppose that's part of the charm.
  • I don't know how the melee combat works yet, sometimes you can grab weapons out if zombies hands and kill them, you can do sneak attacks from behind and context sensitive stuff like smashing a zombie head open on a wall or pulling them off a ledge so they smash their heads on the lip, but frequently you just kick.

Gunplay is iffy too, in Leon's campaign the damage modelling is awesome and pretty gruesome, but some zombies take a ton of damage which ruins the flow a little.

Not played Chriiiiiiiis yet, we shall see.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've not played a Resi for many, many years. Is this RE6 worth taking a punt on?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Goty
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bit of a reference to a flippant remark to Tempy tonight, but as I said to him - when was the last time you had this much fun? From sneaking across ice, to running around, GOW style, to punching like a brawler, to snowmobiles, when did you last do this amount of mental.

If it keeps up its completely shoddy and half assed approach to having one set idea, it may genuinely end up my goty.
  • You spend 50 hours shooting stuff in Borderlands and within 6 hours RE6 has had us running away from an unkillable monster, hiding in bins from said unkillable monster, shoving Zombies off cliffs, distracting Giants whilst a group of soldiers take out Anti Aircraft guns, explore a creepy abandoned school, search for memory sticks in a blizzard and defend a gunshop from skinless super Zombies. 

It also looks fucking brilliant, some of the densest visuals I've ever seen.

There are going to be a lot of people who hate it, but I don't care. Genuinely fun nonsense is occurring on this disc.
  • Commando of the games world?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Sounds more like Kindergarten Cop
  • The series has definitely reached its logical end point after 4, any next gen Resi will need to be different.

If you can't enjoy 6 though, you're a sad individual.
  • You've only played the demo, surprisingly there is more to it than that.

Otherwise you probably need to go and see a counsellor, I am sorry your life is so unhappy and you are unable to find joy xox
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    You've only played the demo, surprisingly there is more to it than that. Otherwise you probably need to go and see a counsellor, I am sorry your life is so unhappy and you are unable to find joy xox

well thats convinced me.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • What's this second disk for?
    Did the first prelude bit, not bad. Very cinematic.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • European voices I think. Really gutted we can't play it with Jap voices.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    whats mercenaries mode like?
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Secured co op partner, woop. Going in tomorrow.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm tempted to jump in, are there any deals in the offing?
  • daviedigi wrote:
    whats mercenaries mode like?

Curtis says it is good, reviews suggest that it is very good. Combat is much improved in all respects, the abilit to fall onto your back and shuffle/roll sideways whiffs of MGS4 in a good way. Lots of the combat is context sensitive, but you don't get prompts so its all on feeling, nothing better than countering a failing Zed by smashing their face into bits on the floor.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    ...nothing better than countering a failing Zed by smashing their face into bits on the floor.
    Are they proper zeds or crazy Europeans/infected Africans again?

EDIT: This snippet from a review is putting me off (it's worth bearing in mind that my RE experience is the very first game and then some early offering on the GC).

In some ways that's a bad thing: Resident Evil isn't scary any more. It'll give you a few shocks, enemies jumping out of hidden places and big monsters bursting through the floorboards, but the days of creeping through darkened rooms with bottom clenched are over. Resi 6 is what you call a run-and-gunner, moving ever-forwards while blasting through crowds of biohazards. Resident Evil 5 leaned in this direction, but Resi 6 dives in with both guns blazing.

The real surprise is how much of it there is. Capcom's focus on the production values of Resi 6 makes a casualty of progress – in the context of the third-person shooter genre, the controls are clunkier than they should be, and you'd be hard pressed to call any of its new systems innovative. So the compensation is a quadruple helping of lengthy single-player campaigns, three of which are playable in co-op.
  • this game sounds fucking stupid, absolute lack of any semblance of producer-intelligence, but least the art sounds good. modern day dragon's lair

cant be any worse than 5 though
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    ...nothing better than countering a failing Zed by smashing their face into bits on the floor.
    Are they proper zeds or crazy Europeans/infected Africans again?

You've got J'avo who are basically smarter Ganados (frequently wielding guns) who mutate to resist attacks, and Zomvies in Leon's campaign who are fairly normal Resi zombies but you get mutations of those too, like these skinless bastards who are like Hunters from L4D.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!