Currently Playing
  • Outer Wilds has now become almost completely unbearable, I'm this fucking close to just looking up the ending to see if something actually interesting happens. I've never done that before though, because I would usually just rather not play at all than circumvent the experience like that. There's nothing particularly hard about anything, it's just fucking boring and fails to motivate me to want to explore or do anything anymore.

The biggest issue is that like 90% of the info you uncover is just gumpf, lore and character stuff that is only interesting if you are invested in the story. Then there's 7% which sort of fleshes out the causal structure of the place, and only 3% that is of actual practical use to the player for progression. I've waited minutes at a time for a cycle to come around so I can get somewhere only to find nothing but useless chatter.

I've done all the low hanging fruit, and the more out of the way stuff has yielded close to fuck all too, so I'm just hugely demotivated at this point from spending more hours poking around in the remaining few corners. I really just want it to be over now, getting massive The Witness vibes which I also actively disliked. I fucking love good puzzle games and minimal interaction story exploration games, but this just feels lame in comparison to stuff I've played in the past. The quantum puzzles are pish.
  • I didn't finish it and was pissed off I couldn't be arsed looking up the story reveal
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • The quantum puzzles are far from pish.
  • I think I think the exact opposite of what you think there Gurt
  • It's always fascinating how different people can have such varying opinions about something, which is nice because the world would probably be a more boring place if we all agreed on things.

My experience with this game is perhaps the most minority opinion I've had thus far, and I'm as surprised as anyone as I was really not expecting to dislike it at all. At worst I thought I would just find it decent but a bit meh. I can see the postives that people see in it, but personally based on my experience so far I have to conclude that it's just not a very good game. I think it really hinges on how much you are taken in by its fiction, and to what extent a game's fiction is fundamental to your continued enjoyment of its mechanics.
  • I appreciate what it's doing and it really should've been my kind of thing, but I just didn't like playing it and found it all rather tedious once I'd finished exploring everything for the first time and actually had to make progress.
  • The
    Spoiler:
    was such a total pisstake that I had to look up what was in there to find out if the tedious fucking trial and error would actually result in something of practical use and not more story gubbins I don't care about. Basically 'spoilt' part of the rest of it so I just looked up the remaining bits, and I'm genuinely glad I did because it would have been a huge disappointment and waste of unfun time if I had kept at it.

I was expecting some level of clockwork intricacy later on involving all the planets and systems in order to beat it, but nope, not at all. I won't spoil owt but the game really is some rather light puzzling with an awful lot of story filler to stretch it out. Once the novelty of the various areas is spent the timeloop makes it all very tedious. If the story stuff and vibes in general intrigues I'm sure it would be a gratifying experience.

Reading up on the rest of the bits of backstory and it's not all that amazing, has a serious macguffin too. It's fine enough as game stories go I suppose though, if it had a very different overall aesthetic I might have been more into it.
  • Sonic Generations. It's good! I'd heard it was decent but avoided it anyway*. The rollercoaster style modern Sonic stages wouldn't stand up to much scrutiny but I'm having a good time.

*Actually that's not true come to think of it - I did buy it on 360 once but never got round to playing it.
  • Wait, now it's introduced enforced challenges and boss keys to progress and all gone a bit wonky maybe.
  • But wait again! The challenges are actually fun. What a ride.
  • Started playing Sable, needed a palate cleanser after Outer Wilds. It's very lovely so far, definitely nails the Moebius aesthetic and sense of mysticism. Lovely sound design too.

It's a shame there are some performance issues, which can probably be chalked down to Unity engine + indie dev. Got it looking very nice with some DSR supersampling, but there was some very odd framerate problems so I'm sticking to 1080p with the thin lines setting, and I'm happy enough.
  • Sekiro seems to be a series of mini combat traversal puzzles at the moment. Still trying to kill off any souls muscle memory I have and avoid dodging for outright attack but I've not touched Fornite in a week or two since I started playing it. It also looks wonderful on the UHD TV with the HDR settings on the PS4. Wonder if it moves like butter on the PS5..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Rev wrote:
    Sekiro seems to be a series of mini combat traversal puzzles at the moment. Still trying to kill off any souls muscle memory I have and avoid dodging for outright attack but I've not touched Fornite in a week or two since I started playing it. It also looks wonderful on the UHD TV with the HDR settings on the PS4. Wonder if it moves like butter on the PS5..

It does.
    But my muscle memory fails and I'm still stuck.
  • ha ha.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Sonic Generations. It's good! I'd heard it was decent but avoided it anyway*. The rollercoaster style modern Sonic stages wouldn't stand up to much scrutiny but I'm having a good time.

*Actually that's not true come to think of it - I did buy it on 360 once but never got round to playing it.

I had a go last night now it's 60hz and it is glorious in motion, looks legit next gen imo.

It couldn't find my save which was a bit annoying though!

Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Good game. I wish they had done a sequel or DLC.
    I wanted more content based on MD games. The tail end all gets a bit modern Sonic in theme.
  • That's a shame, the first three levels come out swinging with the retro feels.
  • I love the 3D Chemical Plant level.
  • I was hyped for Demon's Tilt pre launch but when it arrived on game pass I was put off by the ball physics after playing a ton of Pinball Arcade on PS4. I bought in on sale anyway (it left GP ages ago) and it's taken an age to get into but it's probably the best example of videogame pinball ever. Really fucking good. 148mil is the best I can do at the mo but my average score is creeping up. Looking forward to getting good enough to get lucky enough to bring it all together in one glorious attempt. I used to despise pinball but I've seen the error of my ways.
  • More Fifa. More Ultimate Team.

As some of you will know, in FUT, there is player cards of legends from times past. Icons, they're called. And they're extremely rare to get out of packs, they're like the unicorns of fifa. But lo and behold, there's a promo that makes them a bit more accessible to scrubs like me who don't really want to blast cash into it in the hope of packing one. Enter the "Icon Swaps" promo.

Think of it like that bit in the amusements at the bowling, where the games spit out tickets then you go to the counter and see what you can get for your amount. In Icon Swaps, you complete in-game objectives to earn swap tokens. You can then use those tokens to turn them in for a variety of different packs, either preset icons, or a pack that contains a guaranteed one, etc etc. So, in December there was a set of token objectives, then another fresh set this month. Last month, I grinded different objectives for three days straight, and earned 9 tokens which gave me a "Base Or Mid Icon pack".

Base or Mid? Yeah, each Icon has four versions. Base, from the early part of their career. Mid, from them on the come up. Prime, from their prime. Then Moments, one extra special super duper version that has them at their absolute peak, usually based on a certain performance or game or tournament where they went off on everyone. But the other problem is, not every Icon is made equal. For every Maradona or R9 or Pele, there's a Jari Litmanen, or Miroslav Klose. Not to say those players weren't good in their day, it's just when we're talking about usability in-game, some are just not worth the grind (or the asking price off the market) at all. So, like everything in this mode, it's a gamble.

Back to my pack. So, a 'free' chance at a decent icon. Let's crack it.... And who pops out? Henrik fucking Larsson. Not just that, but the mid one, the one based on his time with Them. EA look at my Rangers crest, kits, tifos, stadium dressing that I chose and decided 'yeah let's give the big man ol' Henrik'. Fucking pig sick so I was. A decent-ish card, certainly usable from a stats standpoint, but there was no way I was going to. Just felt like it was against everything I stood for. Fucking no chance man. Gutted.

Fast forward a week or so, and EA release a new Base Or Mid SBC (Squad Building Challenge), where instead of turning in tokens, I'm turning in player cards I'm not using (fodder, we call it) in a set of teams that have to be built to meet certain requirements. Thankfully I had plenty of fodder, so again, I rolled the dice....

3apnk2G.gif

Mid El Nino. Now that's a bit better! Definitely a usable card. Not the most meta, but definitely good enough to make my team, and make an impact.

The week after, they release another. Had to spend a bit of coins (not real money!!) to complete it, but I thought fuck it, why not....

Mid Deco. Absolute toilet card. Fuck off man! My club is now at Rangers 2012 levels, I'm skint, I've no fodder. I'm at square one. I've yeeted the lot into a sbc, and came up with this shite. Fuck.

Start of the year. The second set of swap tokens are released, and I get to work. I've one left over from the last batch, and calculate that I need another 9 to get to a "Mid Icon pack". Another few days of grinding, and I mean real fucking boring stuff, offline modes suck the life outta me. But we got there.

After watching Chaz pack two absolute demons recently in Base Puskas and Mid Cruyff (one of the most OP out there) I was so green with envy. I had to get a belter at some point surely? So with a tired head after the grind, I took my ten tokens and fired them in. Who's next?...

GZAEwdk.gif

Ronaldo de Assis Moreira. Ronaldinho Gaucho. R10. The man, the myth, the legend. LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO! I did it! Finally got a goat!

Straight into my team behind Torres and blasting me to my best performance yet in the Weekend League, going 13-7. Fucking yes boys. Class.

Then, this weekend saw the release of the yearly promo, Team Of The Year. Think of a 433 with every position having a card 'voted for by the fans' as the absolute best in the last calendar year. These are super, super juiced, super cracked, absolutely silly cards. Even rarer than Icons, and actually better than the majority. Friday there saw the attackers released, today its midfielders, and on Tuesday its the lads at the back. Last night, I'm very groggily completing a SBC after a cunt of a early shift and shitty nap on the sofa. For the privilege, I get a pack of 11 attackers all rated 81 or over, and hope of a Messi, Mbappe, or a Lewandowski. I've been watching my fave streamers this weekend and even them with their multiple thousands of real world cash spent, aren't packing any. It's hilarious and sad, really.

It gets cracked, and I see the special blue colour??...
    jcj4uwM.png

OMG OMG OMG OMG! IT HAPPENED! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! HOLY SHIT! ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI! COME ON DOWN MY SON!

So yeah, I'm gonna go home from work today and start dishing out severe lessons in sweat. My pack luck may be absolutely gubbed for the rest of the year but I don't care. LFG! Lewy & Dinho linkup baby!

(tl;Dr I played a lot of Ultimate Team and packed some absolute belters)
  • Amazing read, grats Gav. I know gacha gets hated on and I understand why, but if you have the disposable means to make pulls, that feeling of getting a sick pull is amazing. I've spent hundreds of quids on various gachas in games in my time because I had the disposable cash to do so and wanted to, and got some top tier pulls. I totally agree with the general sentiment around the mechanic, but if you have the means and want to, I'm all there for the celebrations. Big grats to you.
  • Oh I haven't been putting any real money in for a good while now. Just can't do it. Put in a tenner here and there at launch in September but not any more. Always skint with irl stuff! I just grind the online and offline modes for weekly pack rewards, and grind the SBC's when they come. Get fodder, wait for Serie A or Icon SBC's, bang the fodder in, hope for the best. Just yer Donald Duck at the end of the day.

I'd say you could eventually build a great high-rated team without putting any money in at all. You just need to grind and kinda Git Gud. That ship may have sailed though, with us having multiple promos and associated cards coming and going.

As some of you will know, in FUT, there is player cards of legends from times past. Icons, they're called. And they're extremely rare to get out of packs, they're like the unicorns of fifa. But lo and behold, there's a promo that makes them a bit more accessible to scrubs like me who don't really want to blast cash into it in the hope of packing one. Enter the "Icon Swaps" promo.

Think of it like that bit in the amusements at the bowling, where the games spit out tickets then you go to the counter and see what you can get for your amount. In Icon Swaps, you complete in-game objectives to earn swap tokens. You can then use those tokens to turn them in for a variety of different packs, either preset icons, or a pack that contains a guaranteed one, etc etc. So, in December there was a set of token objectives, then another fresh set this month. Last month, I grinded different objectives for three days straight, and earned 9 tokens which gave me a "Base Or Mid Icon pack".

Base or Mid? Yeah, each Icon has four versions. Base, from the early part of their career. Mid, from them on the come up. Prime, from their prime. Then Moments, one extra special super duper version that has them at their absolute peak, usually based on a certain performance or game or tournament where they went off on everyone. But the other problem is, not every Icon is made equal. For every Maradona or R9 or Pele, there's a Jari Litmanen, or Miroslav Klose. Not to say those players weren't good in their day, it's just when we're talking about usability in-game, some are just not worth the grind (or the asking price off the market) at all. So, like everything in this mode, it's a gamble.

Back to my pack. So, a 'free' chance at a decent icon. Let's crack it.... And who pops out? Henrik fucking Larsson. Not just that, but the mid one, the one based on his time with Them. EA look at my Rangers crest, kits, tifos, stadium dressing that I chose and decided 'yeah let's give the big man ol' Henrik'. Fucking pig sick so I was. A decent-ish card, certainly usable from a stats standpoint, but there was no way I was going to. Just felt like it was against everything I stood for. Fucking no chance man. Gutted.

Fast forward a week or so, and EA release a new Base Or Mid SBC (Squad Building Challenge), where instead of turning in tokens, I'm turning in player cards I'm not using (fodder, we call it) in a set of teams that have to be built to meet certain requirements. Thankfully I had plenty of fodder, so again, I rolled the dice....

3apnk2G.gif

Mid El Nino. Now that's a bit better! Definitely a usable card. Not the most meta, but definitely good enough to make my team, and make an impact.

The week after, they release another. Had to spend a bit of coins (not real money!!) to complete it, but I thought fuck it, why not....

Mid Deco. Absolute toilet card. Fuck off man! My club is now at Rangers 2012 levels, I'm skint, I've no fodder. I'm at square one. I've yeeted the lot into a sbc, and came up with this shite. Fuck.

Start of the year. The second set of swap tokens are released, and I get to work. I've one left over from the last batch, and calculate that I need another 9 to get to a "Mid Icon pack". Another few days of grinding, and I mean real fucking boring stuff, offline modes suck the life outta me. But we got there.

After watching Chaz pack two absolute demons recently in Base Puskas and Mid Cruyff (one of the most OP out there) I was so green with envy. I had to get a belter at some point surely? So with a tired head after the grind, I took my ten tokens and fired them in. Who's next?...

GZAEwdk.gif

Ronaldo de Assis Moreira. Ronaldinho Gaucho. R10. The man, the myth, the legend. LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO! I did it! Finally got a goat!

Straight into my team behind Torres and blasting me to my best performance yet in the Weekend League, going 13-7. Fucking yes boys. Class.

Then, this weekend saw the release of the yearly promo, Team Of The Year. Think of a 433 with every position having a card 'voted for by the fans' as the absolute best in the last calendar year. These are super, super juiced, super cracked, absolutely silly cards. Even rarer than Icons, and actually better than the majority. Friday there saw the attackers released, today its midfielders, and on Tuesday its the lads at the back. Last night, I'm very groggily completing a SBC after a cunt of a early shift and shitty nap on the sofa. For the privilege, I get a pack of 11 attackers all rated 81 or over, and hope of a Messi, Mbappe, or a Lewandowski. I've been watching my fave streamers this weekend and even them with their multiple thousands of real world cash spent, aren't packing any. It's hilarious and sad, really.

jcj4uwM.png

OMG OMG OMG OMG! IT HAPPENED! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! HOLY SHIT! ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI! COME ON DOWN MY SON!

So yeah, I'm gonna go home from work today and start dishing out severe lessons in sweat. My pack luck may be absolutely gubbed for the rest of the year but I don't care. LFG! Lewy & Dinho linkup baby!

Can you make this a weekly podcast?
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I have absolutely no idea who those players are but I'm pleased for you Gav.
  • I'll do a podcast Bob if you don't quote a long as fuck post two posts after it, chief.

Thanks, Pea. My ride or die from day one, knew I could count on you.
  • I'll do a podcast Bob if you don't quote a long as fuck post two posts after it, chief.

Thanks, Pea. My ride or die from day one, knew I could count on you.

I felt the quote added to my appreciation of the post the highs the lows the roar of the greese paint
    The Forum Herald™

3apnk2G.gif

GZAEwdk.gif

jcj4uwM.png

I agree with Bob.
  • More Fifa. More Ultimate Team. As some of you will know, in FUT, there is player cards of legends from times past. Icons, they're called. And they're extremely rare to get out of packs, they're like the unicorns of fifa. But lo and behold, there's a promo that makes them a bit more accessible to scrubs like me who don't really want to blast cash into it in the hope of packing one. Enter the "Icon Swaps" promo. Think of it like that bit in the amusements at the bowling, where the games spit out tickets then you go to the counter and see what you can get for your amount. In Icon Swaps, you complete in-game objectives to earn swap tokens. You can then use those tokens to turn them in for a variety of different packs, either preset icons, or a pack that contains a guaranteed one, etc etc. So, in December there was a set of token objectives, then another fresh set this month. Last month, I grinded different objectives for three days straight, and earned 9 tokens which gave me a "Base Or Mid Icon pack". Base or Mid? Yeah, each Icon has four versions. Base, from the early part of their career. Mid, from them on the come up. Prime, from their prime. Then Moments, one extra special super duper version that has them at their absolute peak, usually based on a certain performance or game or tournament where they went off on everyone. But the other problem is, not every Icon is made equal. For every Maradona or R9 or Pele, there's a Jari Litmanen, or Miroslav Klose. Not to say those players weren't good in their day, it's just when we're talking about usability in-game, some are just not worth the grind (or the asking price off the market) at all. So, like everything in this mode, it's a gamble. Back to my pack. So, a 'free' chance at a decent icon. Let's crack it.... And who pops out? Henrik fucking Larsson. Not just that, but the mid one, the one based on his time with Them. EA look at my Rangers crest, kits, tifos, stadium dressing that I chose and decided 'yeah let's give the big man ol' Henrik'. Fucking pig sick so I was. A decent-ish card, certainly usable from a stats standpoint, but there was no way I was going to. Just felt like it was against everything I stood for. Fucking no chance man. Gutted. Fast forward a week or so, and EA release a new Base Or Mid SBC (Squad Building Challenge), where instead of turning in tokens, I'm turning in player cards I'm not using (fodder, we call it) in a set of teams that have to be built to meet certain requirements. Thankfully I had plenty of fodder, so again, I rolled the dice.... 3apnk2G.gif Mid El Nino. Now that's a bit better! Definitely a usable card. Not the most meta, but definitely good enough to make my team, and make an impact. The week after, they release another. Had to spend a bit of coins (not real money!!) to complete it, but I thought fuck it, why not.... Mid Deco. Absolute toilet card. Fuck off man! My club is now at Rangers 2012 levels, I'm skint, I've no fodder. I'm at square one. I've yeeted the lot into a sbc, and came up with this shite. Fuck. Start of the year. The second set of swap tokens are released, and I get to work. I've one left over from the last batch, and calculate that I need another 9 to get to a "Mid Icon pack". Another few days of grinding, and I mean real fucking boring stuff, offline modes suck the life outta me. But we got there. After watching Chaz pack two absolute demons recently in Base Puskas and Mid Cruyff (one of the most OP out there) I was so green with envy. I had to get a belter at some point surely? So with a tired head after the grind, I took my ten tokens and fired them in. Who's next?... GZAEwdk.gif Ronaldo de Assis Moreira. Ronaldinho Gaucho. R10. The man, the myth, the legend. LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO! I did it! Finally got a goat! Straight into my team behind Torres and blasting me to my best performance yet in the Weekend League, going 13-7. Fucking yes boys. Class. Then, this weekend saw the release of the yearly promo, Team Of The Year. Think of a 433 with every position having a card 'voted for by the fans' as the absolute best in the last calendar year. These are super, super juiced, super cracked, absolutely silly cards. Even rarer than Icons, and actually better than the majority. Friday there saw the attackers released, today its midfielders, and on Tuesday its the lads at the back. Last night, I'm very groggily completing a SBC after a cunt of a early shift and shitty nap on the sofa. For the privilege, I get a pack of 11 attackers all rated 81 or over, and hope of a Messi, Mbappe, or a Lewandowski. I've been watching my fave streamers this weekend and even them with their multiple thousands of real world cash spent, aren't packing any. It's hilarious and sad, really. It gets cracked, and I see the special blue colour??... jcj4uwM.png OMG OMG OMG OMG! IT HAPPENED! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! HOLY SHIT! ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI! COME ON DOWN MY SON! So yeah, I'm gonna go home from work today and start dishing out severe lessons in sweat. My pack luck may be absolutely gubbed for the rest of the year but I don't care. LFG! Lewy & Dinho linkup baby! (tl;Dr I played a lot of Ultimate Team and packed some absolute belters)
    I agree with Bob.

Big fan of this sentiment.
  • More Fifa. More Ultimate Team. As some of you will know, in FUT, there is player cards of legends from times past. Icons, they're called. And they're extremely rare to get out of packs, they're like the unicorns of fifa. But lo and behold, there's a promo that makes them a bit more accessible to scrubs like me who don't really want to blast cash into it in the hope of packing one. Enter the "Icon Swaps" promo. Think of it like that bit in the amusements at the bowling, where the games spit out tickets then you go to the counter and see what you can get for your amount. In Icon Swaps, you complete in-game objectives to earn swap tokens. You can then use those tokens to turn them in for a variety of different packs, either preset icons, or a pack that contains a guaranteed one, etc etc. So, in December there was a set of token objectives, then another fresh set this month. Last month, I grinded different objectives for three days straight, and earned 9 tokens which gave me a "Base Or Mid Icon pack". Base or Mid? Yeah, each Icon has four versions. Base, from the early part of their career. Mid, from them on the come up. Prime, from their prime. Then Moments, one extra special super duper version that has them at their absolute peak, usually based on a certain performance or game or tournament where they went off on everyone. But the other problem is, not every Icon is made equal. For every Maradona or R9 or Pele, there's a Jari Litmanen, or Miroslav Klose. Not to say those players weren't good in their day, it's just when we're talking about usability in-game, some are just not worth the grind (or the asking price off the market) at all. So, like everything in this mode, it's a gamble. Back to my pack. So, a 'free' chance at a decent icon. Let's crack it.... And who pops out? Henrik fucking Larsson. Not just that, but the mid one, the one based on his time with Them. EA look at my Rangers crest, kits, tifos, stadium dressing that I chose and decided 'yeah let's give the big man ol' Henrik'. Fucking pig sick so I was. A decent-ish card, certainly usable from a stats standpoint, but there was no way I was going to. Just felt like it was against everything I stood for. Fucking no chance man. Gutted. Fast forward a week or so, and EA release a new Base Or Mid SBC (Squad Building Challenge), where instead of turning in tokens, I'm turning in player cards I'm not using (fodder, we call it) in a set of teams that have to be built to meet certain requirements. Thankfully I had plenty of fodder, so again, I rolled the dice.... 3apnk2G.gif Mid El Nino. Now that's a bit better! Definitely a usable card. Not the most meta, but definitely good enough to make my team, and make an impact. The week after, they release another. Had to spend a bit of coins (not real money!!) to complete it, but I thought fuck it, why not.... Mid Deco. Absolute toilet card. Fuck off man! My club is now at Rangers 2012 levels, I'm skint, I've no fodder. I'm at square one. I've yeeted the lot into a sbc, and came up with this shite. Fuck. Start of the year. The second set of swap tokens are released, and I get to work. I've one left over from the last batch, and calculate that I need another 9 to get to a "Mid Icon pack". Another few days of grinding, and I mean real fucking boring stuff, offline modes suck the life outta me. But we got there. After watching Chaz pack two absolute demons recently in Base Puskas and Mid Cruyff (one of the most OP out there) I was so green with envy. I had to get a belter at some point surely? So with a tired head after the grind, I took my ten tokens and fired them in. Who's next?... GZAEwdk.gif Ronaldo de Assis Moreira. Ronaldinho Gaucho. R10. The man, the myth, the legend. LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO! I did it! Finally got a goat! Straight into my team behind Torres and blasting me to my best performance yet in the Weekend League, going 13-7. Fucking yes boys. Class. Then, this weekend saw the release of the yearly promo, Team Of The Year. Think of a 433 with every position having a card 'voted for by the fans' as the absolute best in the last calendar year. These are super, super juiced, super cracked, absolutely silly cards. Even rarer than Icons, and actually better than the majority. Friday there saw the attackers released, today its midfielders, and on Tuesday its the lads at the back. Last night, I'm very groggily completing a SBC after a cunt of a early shift and shitty nap on the sofa. For the privilege, I get a pack of 11 attackers all rated 81 or over, and hope of a Messi, Mbappe, or a Lewandowski. I've been watching my fave streamers this weekend and even them with their multiple thousands of real world cash spent, aren't packing any. It's hilarious and sad, really. It gets cracked, and I see the special blue colour??... jcj4uwM.png OMG OMG OMG OMG! IT HAPPENED! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! HOLY SHIT! ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI! COME ON DOWN MY SON! So yeah, I'm gonna go home from work today and start dishing out severe lessons in sweat. My pack luck may be absolutely gubbed for the rest of the year but I don't care. LFG! Lewy & Dinho linkup baby! (tl;Dr I played a lot of Ultimate Team and packed some absolute belters)
    I agree with Bob.

I’m
    Not often right!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    More Fifa. More Ultimate Team. As some of you will know, in FUT, there is player cards of legends from times past. Icons, they're called. And they're extremely rare to get out of packs, they're like the unicorns of fifa. But lo and behold, there's a promo that makes them a bit more accessible to scrubs like me who don't really want to blast cash into it in the hope of packing one. Enter the "Icon Swaps" promo. Think of it like that bit in the amusements at the bowling, where the games spit out tickets then you go to the counter and see what you can get for your amount. In Icon Swaps, you complete in-game objectives to earn swap tokens. You can then use those tokens to turn them in for a variety of different packs, either preset icons, or a pack that contains a guaranteed one, etc etc. So, in December there was a set of token objectives, then another fresh set this month. Last month, I grinded different objectives for three days straight, and earned 9 tokens which gave me a "Base Or Mid Icon pack". Base or Mid? Yeah, each Icon has four versions. Base, from the early part of their career. Mid, from them on the come up. Prime, from their prime. Then Moments, one extra special super duper version that has them at their absolute peak, usually based on a certain performance or game or tournament where they went off on everyone. But the other problem is, not every Icon is made equal. For every Maradona or R9 or Pele, there's a Jari Litmanen, or Miroslav Klose. Not to say those players weren't good in their day, it's just when we're talking about usability in-game, some are just not worth the grind (or the asking price off the market) at all. So, like everything in this mode, it's a gamble. Back to my pack. So, a 'free' chance at a decent icon. Let's crack it.... And who pops out? Henrik fucking Larsson. Not just that, but the mid one, the one based on his time with Them. EA look at my Rangers crest, kits, tifos, stadium dressing that I chose and decided 'yeah let's give the big man ol' Henrik'. Fucking pig sick so I was. A decent-ish card, certainly usable from a stats standpoint, but there was no way I was going to. Just felt like it was against everything I stood for. Fucking no chance man. Gutted. Fast forward a week or so, and EA release a new Base Or Mid SBC (Squad Building Challenge), where instead of turning in tokens, I'm turning in player cards I'm not using (fodder, we call it) in a set of teams that have to be built to meet certain requirements. Thankfully I had plenty of fodder, so again, I rolled the dice.... 3apnk2G.gif Mid El Nino. Now that's a bit better! Definitely a usable card. Not the most meta, but definitely good enough to make my team, and make an impact. The week after, they release another. Had to spend a bit of coins (not real money!!) to complete it, but I thought fuck it, why not.... Mid Deco. Absolute toilet card. Fuck off man! My club is now at Rangers 2012 levels, I'm skint, I've no fodder. I'm at square one. I've yeeted the lot into a sbc, and came up with this shite. Fuck. Start of the year. The second set of swap tokens are released, and I get to work. I've one left over from the last batch, and calculate that I need another 9 to get to a "Mid Icon pack". Another few days of grinding, and I mean real fucking boring stuff, offline modes suck the life outta me. But we got there. After watching Chaz pack two absolute demons recently in Base Puskas and Mid Cruyff (one of the most OP out there) I was so green with envy. I had to get a belter at some point surely? So with a tired head after the grind, I took my ten tokens and fired them in. Who's next?... GZAEwdk.gif Ronaldo de Assis Moreira. Ronaldinho Gaucho. R10. The man, the myth, the legend. LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO! I did it! Finally got a goat! Straight into my team behind Torres and blasting me to my best performance yet in the Weekend League, going 13-7. Fucking yes boys. Class. Then, this weekend saw the release of the yearly promo, Team Of The Year. Think of a 433 with every position having a card 'voted for by the fans' as the absolute best in the last calendar year. These are super, super juiced, super cracked, absolutely silly cards. Even rarer than Icons, and actually better than the majority. Friday there saw the attackers released, today its midfielders, and on Tuesday its the lads at the back. Last night, I'm very groggily completing a SBC after a cunt of a early shift and shitty nap on the sofa. For the privilege, I get a pack of 11 attackers all rated 81 or over, and hope of a Messi, Mbappe, or a Lewandowski. I've been watching my fave streamers this weekend and even them with their multiple thousands of real world cash spent, aren't packing any. It's hilarious and sad, really. It gets cracked, and I see the special blue colour??... jcj4uwM.png OMG OMG OMG OMG! IT HAPPENED! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! HOLY SHIT! ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI! COME ON DOWN MY SON! So yeah, I'm gonna go home from work today and start dishing out severe lessons in sweat. My pack luck may be absolutely gubbed for the rest of the year but I don't care. LFG! Lewy & Dinho linkup baby! (tl;Dr I played a lot of Ultimate Team and packed some absolute belters)
    I agree with Bob.

I’m
    Not often right!

You were this time,
    I'm backing Bob.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!