Currently Playing
  • Olli Olli World. Amazing fun. Loving the art and presentation on top of the rock solid gameplay. Well worth anyone's time.
  • Nearly grabbed that in the Switch sale yesterday but went weird and nabbed Tails of Iron instead.  An odd decision as I'm all but guaranteed to like Olli Olli World.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Aus$45 ish for icebourne and world deluxe. Seems rude not to. Downloading now.

Be prepared for cut scenes.

If you are an inverter, you can’t change controls for a while.

Enjoy the detailed worlds.
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo - only a few hours in and see why it got mixed reviews but I’m enjoying myself enough. To be expected, I suppose, given my love of some Tango.
  • Deep Rock Galactic is launching season 2 today on consoles. I love this game, its right up there with Sea of Thieves as my favourite game to play with pals. It lacks the PvP of SoT but its co-op is superb.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Deep Rock Galactic is launching season 2 today on consoles. I love this game, its right up there with Sea of Thieves as my favourite game to play with pals. It lacks the PvP of SoT but its co-op is superb.
    Funk yeh, ROCK AND STONE!
  • SIFU and Nobody Saves the World. Two for the GotY list, I expect. I'm not even sure why I like the latter so much but it's got me on the hook. Must unlock more stuff.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Deep Rock Galactic is launching season 2 today on consoles. I love this game, its right up there with Sea of Thieves as my favourite game to play with pals. It lacks the PvP of SoT but its co-op is superb.

Nice. Will have to check this out. Loved the time I played with that game already - fantastic co-op game.
  • Trek to Yomi. Stunning looker, it's even prettier than I expected it to be. Combat is just about good enough for a 'that'll do', but take the visual flair away and it'd be a poor game. At this stage the quick flurry double swipe seems be the only attack worth bothering with. Amazing what some tidy graphics will do though, I'm really enjoying it.
  • 10 hours in to Ghostwire and yeah…it’s a good game. Might make an OP and thread on it soon, as we don’t seem to have one.
  • About the same with OlliOlli World and it is showing to be like crack cocaine. Can't get enough. There was a level earlier, had to clear all these obstacles that are all on different paths and you've to figure out the best route and do it all in a oner, must've spent an hour on it. Felt fucking amazing when I finally nailed a perfect run.
  • I've bought too much this month but I keep looking at that in the Switch sale.
  • Trek to yomi.
    Similar thoughts to Moot really. It's pretty good but combat is not quite brilliant, though it has it's moments
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    About the same with OlliOlli World and it is showing to be like crack cocaine. Can't get enough. There was a level earlier, had to clear all these obstacles that are all on different paths and you've to figure out the best route and do it all in a oner, must've spent an hour on it. Felt fucking amazing when I finally nailed a perfect run.

Yeh, it's absolutely brilliant. Need to go back and finish the last area, I should defo get round to that. The online league is mega fun too.
  • Trek to yomi.
    Similar thoughts to Moot really. It's pretty good but combat is not quite brilliant, though it has it's moments

It's hard to stay mad at it, especially 'for free'. Its shortcomings are obvious but I've enjoyed pretty much all of it regardless. Near the end now, I think.

Those 'puzzles' are lol
  • I had some glitches on cut scenes where there was no audio and it didn't progress unless i just skipped the cut scene...did you get that? No biggy really though meant i had to make a couple of choices without knowing the background ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yeah, had that at least twice.
  • Got Lumo for £1.99 from the Nintendo e-store, have been meaning to get it for a while, loving the elevator music song.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Quake.

Again.

Because it was on sale on Switch.

I think I have a problem.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Tails of Iron.  Give me Trek to Yomi's combat over this any day, I despise the fighting already.  The animation style just doesn't seem to suit it.  Vaguely remember a @jonB review but can't find it.
  • Not me. I did get sent a code, but only played it briefly. I don't recall it being especially bad (or good), but I quickly decided I couldn't be arsed when I had other stuff to be getting on with.
  • Forum search doesnt help, must've dreamt it. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought, it just felt weird at first. The boss I just killed was okay. I expect I'd move on if I hadn't paid for it though.
  • Erica on PS4. It's a weird choose your own adventure thing using live actors which you control with your phone. It's got a very Channel 4 feel about it. Only really just started it but it's the best non gamey game i've played in a while.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Prepare for disappointment, was my take on it.  There are better exemplars - I found Late Shift more fun, for example, even though it's also basically a bit shit
  • I've been dipping into a few 'live action' games recently for a thing I'm doing. The tech in Erica is certainly interesting and adds something, although it's not great overall. They've also released the first part of their next thing (for free), an anthology called Hush. It only takes about 10 minutes per run. Again, some nice ideas but the film aspect still isn't quite there.

The Wales Interactive stuff is a mixed bag, from pretty awful to fairly decent. And I'm now playing The Centennial Case, a Japanese detective game, which is out today I think. More on that later.
  • Not live action but I'm interested in The Quarry. That price though, ouch. Really enjoyed Until Dawn.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Taking a mini break from Mushihimesama so went back to Polybius.

This is great. Really great. Scratches that arcade itch - actually makes me feel like a kid again standing in front of a great arcade cabinet like Tempest or Defender. Sigh.

There's a VR mode - would almost compel me to get a headset.

Beat level 10. But I have no idea how many levels there are - there's an achievement for beating level 50...
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The Turing Test.

Ticking one off the pile of shame. Not as fun as Portal and there's a chance it'll all get a bit too complex and I'll start to enjoy it less, but it's very good so far.
  • I love that game, like really love it.  It has one of the best final levels ever and, let’s be honest here, if I’m completing it without a guide then the rest of you should waltz right through it.  It’s great.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Can't remember if I finished it or what. Hmm.

It's no Talos Principle anyway. Can't remember how it compares to QUBE. Or there's yet another of similar vein that I've forgotten...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!