Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I like the look of Silt - has anyone tried it?

I tried the demo. It was good until I got to the boss - very trial and error.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Already 32% off on Switch. It's on the watch list, underwater Gris could be good.
  • Holy fuck! Yomi is really bad. Looks great but drags its feet constantly to get to anything even remotely good. Vvvv surprised with this.
  • I like the look of Silt - has anyone tried it?
    I've played it for review. It's decent, but a bit underwhelming, I thought (I gave it 6/10). If you fancy underwater Limbo, probably worth a try.

One game I would absolutely recommend that's out today is Card Shark. Review of that due a little later.
  • Good enough for me, gamble taken. 15% off as a pre-order. Should've played the demo first really but I like to live dangerously*

*with Devolver stuff
  • Holy fuck! Yomi is really bad. Looks great but drags its feet constantly to get to anything even remotely good. Vvvv surprised with this.

You're probably right, it's closer to really bad than really good but there's something about the repetition that feels good eventually.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Back on Monster Hunter World for the first time in years. Started again because I couldn't remember what I was doing and I'm just about up to the place where I got bored and drifted away on release. I'm doing everything solo which probably isn't ideal but does mean I'm not fucking about with the faff of getting everyone together after encountering a monster for the first time.

I've went Great Sword and I'm thoroughly enjoying the deliberate heft and impact of it compared to flitting about with the Glaive and not really getting gratification from my hits
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Great Sword is the best MH weapon. BEST.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Back on Monster Hunter World for the first time in years. Started again because I couldn't remember what I was doing and I'm just about up to the place where I got bored and drifted away on release. I'm doing everything solo which probably isn't ideal but does mean I'm not fucking about with the faff of getting everyone together after encountering a monster for the first time. I've went Great Sword and I'm thoroughly enjoying the deliberate heft and impact of it compared to flitting about with the Glaive and not really getting gratification from my hits

If you are playing on a PS5, make sure the graphics are set to Maximum Resolution (might need a restart to apply the change). Stops the weird blurring under motion.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Series X but I picked frame rate and haven't noticed anything weird
  • I'm playing A Monster's Expedition. Like Bonfire Peaks, I'm appreciating the elegant puzzle design, and I like puzzle games, but also finding it a little dull. I've been close to dozing off a couple of times.

It's a good game, and yet, eh, I dunno. Too much of the same thing, perhaps.
  • Oh shit. You’re in for it now. Can’t say anything negative, dude, otherwise Muzzy and Moot and will be onto you.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • JonB wrote:
    I like the look of Silt - has anyone tried it?
    I've played it for review. It's decent, but a bit underwhelming, I thought (I gave it 6/10). If you fancy underwater Limbo, probably worth a try. One game I would absolutely recommend that's out today is Card Shark. Review of that due a little later.
    Thanks
    Underwater limbo is not for me.  Yeah really liked card shark demo
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Triangle Strategy on the Switch, really lovely music, deep strategic gameplay, great character design and graphics, engrossing plot.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well, Doom Eternal is pretty good ain’t it? It throws a lot of systems at you in a very short space but they all slot together well. The only thing I keep forgetting is setting people on fire to gain armour.
  • I'm trying to like Card Shark but my thoughts are best represented with that grimace face Whatsapp emoji so far. Lots to appreciate but it punishes the slightest fumble with a full restart on the segment, which often requires another scene to be played to top up the kitty first. And surely it's not too much to ask for the guy you deposit your winnings with to have more than one greeting. Quaint. The dialogue is generally great so the repeated exchange is sticking out like a sore thumb. Say something else ffs!

It's wonderfully presented but at this stage the interaction feels like executing repeated patterns nigh-on perfectly or starting over.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Well, Doom Eternal is pretty good ain’t it? It throws a lot of systems at you in a very short space but they all slot together well. The only thing I keep forgetting is setting people on fire to gain armour.

Indeed. The only thing that worries me is that they'll continue the "more systems = more fun" thing with the next modern Doom, and it'll end up ruining it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm trying to like Card Shark but my thoughts are best represented with that grimace face Whatsapp emoji so far. Lots to appreciate but it punishes the slightest fumble with a full restart on the segment, which often requires another scene to be played to top up the kitty first. And surely it's not too much to ask for the guy you deposit your winnings with to have more than one greeting. Quaint. The dialogue is generally great so the repeated exchange is sticking out like a sore thumb. Say something else ffs! It's wonderfully presented but at this stage the interaction feels like executing repeated patterns nigh-on perfectly or starting over.
    The slow restarts were the one issue I had. If you know you've messed up before the end of a trick, it's best to quit to main menu and reload.
  • Yeah. I may have been too hasty yesterday though. Once I was through the first hour or so it started to get under my skin in a good way. It's very satisfying to nail a con (on the flipside it's agonising to fail). Never played anything like it.
  • Deep into sulky oblivion for me. It seems that it's possible to wipe your save by selecting 'give up' when trying to cheat death. Maybe I should have been paying more attention but I meant give up in terms up GIVE UP TRYING TO WIN AT CARDS, assuming something else would play out, not fucking give up completely, kick me back to the menu with three blank save slots.

Was quite enjoying it despite huge issues with it but damn, that might be me done after 2-3hrs. Replaying the exacting simon says routines would be a huge chore.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Classic moot
  • I knew you'd like it :)

Was midway through chapter 2. Call me an idiot but with a few years of gaming under my belt I assumed there'd be a rubber tree or something, not just a merciless save wipe. Serves me right for refusing to sell my soul. One of the weirdest games I've ever played, I've been sat staring at the title screen in disbelief.
  • I don't see the point in restarting because I'm going to hate it whatever happens now :(
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    an idiot wrote:
    Call me an idiot

• Who knew Muzzy wouldn't be able to resist?

So I decided to replay, up to chapter 2 again now. I've found something else to be annoyed with though - if you skip the tutorials (which let's be honest, any sane person would if they know the requirements for performing a routine) you don't unlock that particular skill card, which means you can't use that type of trick in the tavern to farm money. You can't go back and unlock them either.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The gift that keeps on giving
  • been playing Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga with the boy.. It's obviously fairly typical Lego but there's a whole raft of options to make playing less frustrating.. reasonable over the should shooting and cover and thankfully a series of guidance points to make it easier to figure out what to do and we've been having a lot of fun with it. Apart from teh bit where one of needs to pilot the falcon and one of us needs to shoot.. which ever role he's got we can't get it done. Might have to solo that bit while he's in bed.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Horizon Forbidden West. It's exceptionally good at what it does and everything looks amazing on the PS5, but it just seems to be missing something for me. I dunno if it's because I've seen a lot of what it is offering before and I've still to get to the 'wow' bit in the game. The first game had several moments where it literally made me stop in my tracks. The combat seems to be a lot more head on and less about planning your options before you take things on? I remember really enjoying the first game because I would be setting up traps here there and everywhere and then deciding when to engage, and this one seems to be in your face for a lot of the boss set pieces. Still, I'm loving it to bits and it looks and runs like a dream, so I'll be playing it through to the end no doubt.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I started Inscryption over the weekend. I very much like this game. I was expecting cards, was not expecting anything else. Glad that everything about Inscryption has been very cryptic, really looking to it unfolding.

No idea how long this game is. I thought it was gonna be Slay the Spire like - finish or die then start again.
  • Plodding through Horizon zero dawn. Now the semblance of a story is good and I loke the audio and written history you pick up. The enemies seem a bit OP, but that could be me being shit. It looks nice but is a little repetitive. The worst thing though is that it treats you like a fucking slave, do a job in the North East, get gizmo, now walk to the other side of the planet to talk about said gizmo, cue some unwashed prick telling me to schlep a trillion miles in another direction to do some other shit. I am aware of fast travel but you need the xp.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!