Currently Playing
  • Scout wrote:
    Started the new Sniper Elite. Had a fun time playing through the first level but yet to see what merited that Eurogamer essential status.

Got it installed, might try it today.  Looking for something a little longer than my usual stuff to get my teeth into but struggling to feel the pull of anything I've tried.  I benched Lost Judgement after maybe 3hrs, wasn't bad but I wasn't in the mood. Gave CHORVS a go yesterday, didn't play enough to make my mind up.  I still can't get on with Psychonauts 2 so I might admit defeat with that, and the three times I've tried to play the copy of Horizon: Forbidden West my mate insisted I'd like but didn't want to borrow in the first place haven't gone well. 

TLDR: Rogue Legacy 2 is banging on my walls like a young Britt Ekland.
  • Is SNiper Elite on Gamepass?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Got it installed, might try it today.  Looking for something a little longer than my usual stuff to get my teeth into but struggling to feel the pull of anything I've tried.  I benched Lost Judgement after maybe 3hrs, wasn't bad but I wasn't in the mood. Gave CHORVS a go yesterday, didn't play enough to make my mind up.  I still can't get on with Psychonauts 2 so I might admit defeat with that, and the three times I've tried to play the copy of Horizon: Forbidden West my mate insisted I'd like but didn't want to borrow in the first place haven't gone well.  TLDR: Rogue Legacy 2 is banging on my walls like a young Britt Ekland.
    Not a long one, but have you tried Norco yet? Anyone who got on with Kentucky Route Zero should definitely give it a go. It's rather special.
  • Seems to be PC only at the moment but the trailer does look interesting.

Played Chorus for a bit more. Plenty to like but a few niggles too. Next session will be key I reckon.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Properly played some of of this FF7 remake on PS5. It’s really bloody good innit? Never played more than five minutes of the original back in the day and never bothered getting into it. This really is a quality game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Just be prepared to buy some more games if you want the full story. Final Fantasy thread is talking about how Squenix turned FFVII into three games for the remake(s).
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Seems to be PC only at the moment but the trailer does look interesting.
    Ah, yes, sorry. It's on Gamepass so I assumed Xbox, but apparently it's PC only.
  • Had a great time with Sniper Elite 5. Playing in co-op and being invading, like a Soulsbourne. It’s just really well put together.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Just be prepared to buy some more games if you want the full story. Final Fantasy thread is talking about how Squenix turned FFVII into three games for the remake(s).

Well so far this has cost me £11.99 for the DLC upgrade thing and apparently 30-50 hours gameplay without the DLC, so think that’s enough value for me. Happy to pay for more of this quality.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Aye, fair enough.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Played the Endling: Extinction is Forever demo.  Was expecting a basic Limbo type but it's not that at all.  It does a lot of interesting things (the 2.5D mini open world approach is novel and seems to work) but I'm not sure if the full game will be my cup of tea.  Lots of foraging (you have to bring food back to your den), day/night cycles, stealth bits and some wonky combat.  Intriguing stuff, I'm not convinced it's got proper chops though.
  • Rogue Legacy 2. Love the way this plays so far.

Apart from the projectiles that fire at your character when you attack, haven't got to grips with those yet.
  • Saw that new Turtles side scrolling beat em up is on gamepass so I gave it a whirl. Its fine, tickles some nostalgia feels but I dunno... something is lacking. Maybe the art style is too clean, not sure.

Very tempted to buy Assassins Creed Unity on ps5 though. I have it for PC but its a bit of a faff getting the PC booted etc.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Rogue Legacy 2 is great. It even gives you an option to lock the stage layouts, should you so wish. Done next to nothing in terms of stage progression so far - only found the first boss once, which killed me immediately - but the permanent upgrades and base improvements make it feel like I'm taking strides anyway. Quality stuff. The platforming/dashing/downward plunge stuff feels good too, which wasn't something I could be sure of from trailers.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Rogue Legacy 2 is great. It even gives you an option to lock the stage layouts, should you so wish. Done next to nothing in terms of stage progression so far - only found the first boss once, which killed me immediately - but the permanent upgrades and base improvements make it feel like I'm taking strides anyway. Quality stuff. The platforming/dashing/downward plunge stuff feels good too, which wasn't something I could be sure of from trailers.

Agreed. Wasn’t a fan of the first one but the 2nd is a big step up. The more Metroidvania feel goes a long way to make the loop feel more enjoyable for me and makes progress feel like less of a gold grind.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its a banger and let's you make it easy if you're Moot level
  • 85% damage is still a lot!
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Well so far this has cost me £11.99 for the DLC upgrade thing and apparently 30-50 hours gameplay without the DLC, so think that’s enough value for me. Happy to pay for more of this quality.

The problem with FFVII is the original story is fuckin' class. I know a lot of people are very into the new story (I am not) but the original is so good it deserves playing regardless of the visuals.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Everything I love about Final Fantasy VII can be linked to its technical minimalism, and what they manage to convey with it. Remake, on the other hand, is absolutely everything that I don't want.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don't think it's necessarily baaad that Remake expands the story a bit - the extra characterisation of Jessie, for example, is alright. But it would have been a better game if it had been shorter - the pacing absolutely drags in places, particularly at the second bombing mission.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Rogue Legacy 2 is great. It even gives you an option to lock the stage layouts, should you so wish. Done next to nothing in terms of stage progression so far - only found the first boss once, which killed me immediately - but the permanent upgrades and base improvements make it feel like I'm taking strides anyway. Quality stuff. The platforming/dashing/downward plunge stuff feels good too, which wasn't something I could be sure of from trailers.

Agreed. Wasn’t a fan of the first one but the 2nd is a big step up. The more Metroidvania feel goes a long way to make the loop feel more enjoyable for me and makes progress feel like less of a gold grind.

First boss down. This might be the first time I've picked a mage in a game through preference.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:

The problem with FFVII is the original story is fuckin' class. I know a lot of people are very into the new story (I am not) but the original is so good it deserves playing regardless of the visuals.

I might go back and play the original in the future. But it’ll be quite far down the pile of shame.
  • One of the all-time greatest soundtracks too. One Winged Angel during the Safer Sephiroth fight is just the bestest.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

First boss down. This might be the first time I've picked a mage in a game through preference.

I generally go with the chef, when available.
  • Haven't unlocked the chefs, assumed they'd be crap.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Haven't unlocked the chefs, assumed they'd be crap.

They’re great. Have a self heal as one of their skills and they can deflect projectiles back at enemies with their pan.
  • Just treated myself to a tier list on Youtube. Mages are poor, apparently. Will unlock the chef.
  • Squeezing in Cuphead before shifting to the DLC. Quite surprised at the pace I'm getting through it given its reputation - now on Isle 3. For whatever reason, it seems to be the kind of difficulty that suits me, perhaps because it feels a lot more like an old-fashioned Mario style challenge than it does a modern 'tough' game. It also has more variety than its boss rush label implies, with some bosses playing more like a level of a platform game. It looks nice too. Very good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!