Currently Playing
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Well, Doom Eternal is pretty good ain’t it? It throws a lot of systems at you in a very short space but they all slot together well. The only thing I keep forgetting is setting people on fire to gain armour.

Great game. It took a while for me to really get it. as it's do different. It's nothing like a traditional Doom game. All of those systems collide in an intense flame-kill-recharge combat loop. It's so fucking intense and you can't stop moving for moment in the big fights.

I wanted to 100% the thing as there are tons of secrets to find, but one of the missions was bugged and the multiplayer is absolute gash (never doing that trophy).
  • Thoroughly addicted to Card Shark now, so that's nice. Had to turn it off last night though as my brain froze completely while trying to learn a complicated con in chapter 4.

Also Sackboy in co-op. The music synced levels are an absolute treat. We've played the Bruno Mars one half a dozen times already.
  • Still playing Deep Rock Galactic.

I don't think I've ever played anything like it. Every time I go into a new cave it never disappoints. There's only about ten different mission types but the fact every cave presents new and different challenges and geometry etc means the sense of discovery and exploration is just unrivaled. Its all procedurally generated for those that don't know and you can find a way dig, destroy or reach any part of the map.

Add to that a great progression system with weapon altering overclocks, a good community, rock solid network play and all the other stuff that I haven't mentioned it just always feels like a new challenge.

The team work between the different classes is an absolute masterclass in how it should be done.
    Any badgers who haven't played this with friends or online please do so, its amazing and shouldn't be missed.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    This looks great, and in a similar vein:

PC only though, for fuck's sake
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The Wonderful 101 Remastered

Immense frustration with occasional bouts of classic Platinum fun. I'm about 2/3rds of the way through and foundational issues like frequently getting the wrong attack shape with the analogue stick (claw is way too similar to whip), really messy and imperfect isometric platforming and Kamiya's goddamn love of mini-games based on retro classics he loves (Space Harrier and Punch-Out for two) are not outweighed by the charm. I'd not recommend it unless you have a general interest in titles developed by Platinum.

The Matthewmatosis video where he gushes about this game is a touchstone for a lot of people and while I'm glad it's a game that seems to be made for his sensibilities, it is an awwwful first play experience and that's my wheelhouse. Pretty much all his praise is reserved for after your first completion when you can go back and clear the shop out for abilities. I actually checked Metacritic for Edge's review of the OG Wii-U version and it was a [6] with the sign-off that there's basically a good game in there but it's buried fucking deep in shit treacle.

Made me have a mind to buy Vanquish on PC next it's on sale so I can remind myself what I like about Platinum with my favourite game of theirs.
  • Roki.  And what a wonderful thing it is. Especially after Elden Ring.
  • Roki probably holds the top spot for the most times I've nearly bought a game I still don't own.
  • 66% off atm so I digitally own it now.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Demo was ... not good, I'm calling [5] for your score
  • Just seen its 10hrs long, which is quite unusual for that sort of thing.
  • If feels like a pretty contemporary take on what point and clickers should be had the genre not imploded.  No smashing people or things at all as yet, which again is pretty unusual for any game this side of champ man.
  • Eternal Threads, which is so far like Obra Dinn but set in a student house in NW England. You can make changes to the timeline to stop a bad thing from happening to the tenants.

It's kind of overwhelming at first as it throws so many snippets of story to watch at you and the dialogue's not great, but I'm also intrigued how it will pan out and how decisions can impact the turn of events. Also, this is just the first scenario out of however many, which should all be quite different.

Not bad.
  • Started that AA / BBB budget DONTNOD thing Vampyr thing. Meant to try it a while ago but never got around to it until now. It's actually...really good. Huh.
  • A Little Golf Journey is precisely the sort of relaxed ball thwacking in fancied while I wait for Turtles. Almost certainly a Muzzy vibe.
  • Nothing. I haven’t switched any consoles on for over a week, maybe coming up to two weeks.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • OK fired up my PS5 last night and played some Guilty Gear Strive.  It's good to be back.

Picked Testament and had some fun, but I'd love to learn Nagoriyuki cos he is just way too cool.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ni No Kuni 2 arrived yesterday for switch and I've updated it ! Didn't actually start so not technically currently playing but I'm nearly ready!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Enjoy. The opening to that game is…something.
  • Enjoy. The opening to that game is…something.

Got to chapter 2 and I'm really liking it. Even on Switch on the TV it looks like your playing an anime.. the combat is great.. the opening chapter was fantastic. Lots to take in but so far I'm really enjoying it. Massive step up on the first one.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Enjoy. The opening to that game is…something.

Got to chapter 2 and I'm really liking it. Even on Switch on the TV it looks like your playing an anime.. the combat is great.. the opening chapter was fantastic. Lots to take in but so far I'm really enjoying it. Massive step up on the first one.

Agreed. I really didn’t like the first one and felt the 2nd was a big improvement in nearly every department.
  • Getting through some demos on Steam Next Fest. Signalis, Nine Sols and Ghost Song are standouts so far.

Signalis is like sci-fi Resident Evil with a top-down view. Nine Sols and Ghost Song are both 2D Soulslike Metroidvanias.

I also quite liked Shinobi Non Grata, which is (unsurprisingly) an 8-bit style Shinobi/Ninja Spirits type thing.

Edit: Oh, and Agent 64, that GoldenEye style FPS. Controller support wasn't fully working, and I'm crap with keys, but it was pretty slick.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Played Trepang2 yet, Jon?

Instantly went top of my most wanted list.
  • No, I'll try and find time tomorrow. I've still got a few more I want to get to. Midnight Fight Express is supposed to be good as well.
  • Shinobi Non Grata and Nine Sols for me pls. Ghost Song looks like it could have proper Metroid chops.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Picked up Kirby and the Forgotten Land, and so far it's an absolute joy.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Having a break from Roki. It’s a delight and soon layers up nicely but man, there’s a lot more of it than I expected. There’s been nothing too obtuse yet but thank god for the warp points because there’s a lot of trekking about taking highlighted item a to the sister of npc b to receive glowing item c back to starting point d.
  • Took the ps3 up to the office/ man-cave and picked up where I left off with Resonance of Fate. It's as much a work of flawed genius as I remember it.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Took the ps3 up to the office/ man-cave and picked up where I left off with Resonance of Fate. It's as much a work of flawed genius as I remember it.

Oh it really is. One of the great videogame works of postmodernism. The only thing stopping me from buying it and playing it again on PC is the enormous length. God that seasonal celebratory episode later on when the game mechanics gets flipped over is one of my favourite subversive gaming moments ever.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Started the new Sniper Elite. Had a fun time playing through the first level but yet to see what merited that Eurogamer essential status.
  • Aye, one bout of being spotted by enemies and I noped out. The pubbest of pub grub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!