Currently Playing
  • I think I played the demo of that. The attempted humour was so fucking awful there's no way I could have stomached it any longer.
  • It's definitely something that could be intensely annoying just as easily as amusing.  I played both 'Splosion Man titles, which were far from po-faced, so I've grown to appreciate the studio's SOH, even if it is delivered with a sledgehammer.  It's not exactly Monkey Island but it's a nice departure from most games.
  • Dark souls ps3. Nuff said.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bit Trip on Wii then Bit Trip on 3DS. NNNGGG
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I feel like completing my Dead Space Plasma Cutter only Impossible run. I might well do that tonight.
  • Ico/Colossus HD; one down, one to go.

Had forgotten how pish Ico's ending song is, but otherwise I'm still very into the escape-the-castle puzzle action concept. HD upgrade works out too, give or take moments where the lighting can't quite decide whether it wants to scorch my retinas or plunge the scene into confounding gloom, and the odd under-spec texture.
  • I thought they did a good job on it, the PS2 version's almost unplayable on a 60GB PS3.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Forza 3.  I'm playing a racing game.  What is wrong with me?!
    Get schwifty.
  • I thought they did a good job on it, the PS2 version's almost unplayable on a 60GB PS3.

Can believe it. The stable and decent framerate Colussus now has makes the ease of some bosses near hilarious. #9's still a bit of a cock, but at least that's by design than by technical failure. And shooting #10 in the eye is now actually doable without bursting a vessel.
  • Raiziel wrote:

Most convincing in-car camera I've ever seen in a racing game.

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Most convincing in-car camera I've ever seen in a racing game.

Not gone there.  How does 4 compare to 3?  I'm very happy with how 3 looks, but is 4 better?
    Get schwifty.
  • I didn't bother. I felt a bit miffed with how quickly my Forza 3 ltd ed lost its value.
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2... I'm having so very much fun so far, only 9 stars in but each one has had me grinning. Can't quite believe I didn't buy it on release.
    GT: Knight640
  • Still Dark Souls.. :D
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Knight wrote:
    Super Mario Galaxy 2... I'm having so very much fun so far, only 9 stars in but each one has had me grinning. Can't quite believe I didn't buy it on release.

Can't believe I sold my copy, want to do it all again. My save still remains at 241 stars.
  • Still Mass Effect 3, about 30 hours in and on the home stretch, but I really wish it would just end now. The last 10 hours has felt like a real drag and I've only kept on because having come so far I'd like to see how it all turns out. Some of the decisions in the story earlier on were really well done, but the overall story structure hasn't been as captivating as the last game and the final sections have gone on way too long.

The combat has been improved a lot over 2 with tons of new enemy types and tactics, but still outstayed its welcome. The level design is too often just wave after wave of similar enemies, with a bit of walking in between. I think I'll be dropping the difficulty down to easy in the last part just to race through - I've already resorted to that one on a particularly annoying 'boss' fight. I don't like to do that but I'm on the brink of quitting otherwise.
  • I'm amazed I made it to the end in hindsight.

I've just started Ico, seems great. World design is immense.
  • Replaying it, it's quite tough to square the basic masonry with some of the mechanical devices. Is a bit fudgy.
  • Definitley feeling the priority of developer's preferred presentation over functionality, but that's how I prefer my games single player games on the whole anyway.
  • No, no, that's sort of what I mean - having lifts and traintracks and things in an ostensibly ancient castle seemed conceptually off.
  • Ah, got you. I've only got to the second sofa, they don't seem to have overdone it yet.

Bit stuck already actually, Girl doesn't want to hoist herslef up onto the ledge from a crate.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Uncharted 2. So far, so meh. 

I finally managed to put all the angry feelings I had about the first one aside, and start this one. Am somewhere in Nepal now, I think, and the gameplay's just not great. Animation is hit and miss (although the punching seems slightly better that in 3) and the level design is not very memorable either. Only thing that kept me playing is the story, which is done quite well.
    Should have closed their collision boxes a bit better as well, quite a few times I've been stuck halfway in the scenery, only to be shot and killed. "Nate, Nate"

Think it will take another 2 years before I even think about starting no3.
  • Nick wrote:
    Ah, got you. I've only got to the second sofa, they don't seem to have overdone it yet. Bit stuck already actually, Girl doesn't want to hoist herslef up onto the ledge from a crate.

You gotta tap that grab button to give her hand up.
  • Nick wrote:
    Ah, got you. I've only got to the second sofa, they don't seem to have overdone it yet. Bit stuck already actually, Girl doesn't want to hoist herslef up onto the ledge from a crate.

I played this for the first time a few years ago. I found it enchanting. I thought the balance between keeping the aesthetic and atmosphere believable whilst simultaneously including contrivances in the name of good game design was perfect. Much better than Shadow of the Colossus which was all atmosphere and no game.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Knight wrote:
    Super Mario Galaxy 2... I'm having so very much fun so far, only 9 stars in but each one has had me grinning. Can't quite believe I didn't buy it on release.

Now up to 18 stars, if they keep throwing new ideas at me every star for the rest of the game this is going to go down as one of my favouritest games eva.
    GT: Knight640
  • I've been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 on an ancient Windows ME laptop with half the keys missing. It keeps shutting itself down for no reason.

I've also been playing a demo of a light-gun game that I downloaded off Japanese PSN where I seem to have to shoot love arrows at pretty girls to make them fall over in ecstasy. Sometimes if I shoot them from behind I can see their pants. It's delightful.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Heroes 3 was immense. That other thing sounds awesome too.

I'm playing Beneath a Steel Sky.
  • I really want to play Heroes 2 again, I remember it had hilarious sound effects and was generally more stupid than 3.

I never heard of Beneath a Steel Sky until recently, it looks interesting. Not played a point-and-click type affair for many years.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Uncharted 2. So far, so meh.  I finally managed to put all the angry feelings I had about the first one aside, and start this one. Am somewhere in Nepal now, I think, and the gameplay's just not great. Animation is hit and miss (although the punching seems slightly better that in 3) and the level design is not very memorable either. Only thing that kept me playing is the story, which is done quite well. Should have closed their collision boxes a bit better as well, quite a few times I've been stuck halfway in the scenery, only to be shot and killed. "Nate, Nate" Think it will take another 2 years before I even think about starting no3.

Marry me?
  • If you have a iphone, BaSS is well worth it for the 8 bit sounding voice samples. The main guy is a legend.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!