We Hate Adverts
  • A quick Google suggests YouTube kids does have ads btw.
  • Kids YouTube is a thing, not sure if it has adds or not, but its content is limited.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Advertising stuff to toddlers is just scummy.
  • I'm not a parent but I can understand that. Where is the line drawn, I used to love the Argos cataog for example, and probably loved ads for toys and the snes when that came out. I'm not disagreeing btw, just casting my mind back to being a kid and some of the ads I liked.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    For maybe an older kid who understands no. For toddlers it's just lousy.
  • Kow wrote:
    Advertising is just scummy.

Of course back in my day the adverts were proper 20 minutes cartoons. I didn't mind being advertised at if I got my fix of optimus prime and he man
    SFV - reddave360
  • Kow wrote:
    For maybe an older kid who understands no. For toddlers it's just lousy.

I'm on board with this stance.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Special mention goes to the YouTube kids videos which contain an advert for something that gets installed on your phone if you click it.
  • I would find YouTube ads somewhat less annoying if I were often watching especially long content. but I'm not, and most of the time I'm searching out a particular track to listen to, or trying to locate a tutorial for some thing or another; vids that are typically just a few mins in length. Hearing two ads every few minutes is fucking maddening, even more so when it's the same ad over and over and over, and then it gets exponentially even  more annoying when the vid you clicked on quickly reveals itself to not be exactly what you were looking for, so then you've just watched 2 ads for nothing, and must then watch 2 more ads to retry- again the same ones. ugh
  • It's rare that I can't skip the ads after a few seconds, but we've done this topic before and whilst I'm happy to do it again, I appreciate we don't seem to have the same experience or tolerance :)
  • My tolerance for ads is exactly 0. Adblock as much as possible, skip past any sponsor spot shit and try not to see what it's for. If something does manage to get past that and sneak into my mind I'll make a conscious effort to not spread it to anyone else, and put that company on a bit of a shit list where I won't consider using it without elimination of potentially superior non-advertised alternatives.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!