regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think it's a bit odd that we've got a pretty supportive mental health thread here and people aren't recognising that Fish obviously has some pretty big ones. (Cept Matt 82)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fish was an Edger?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    "Feel sorry for Fishy." Or words to that effect. Don't think I was dismissive of underlying health issue.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Fish was an Edger?

Briefly, yeah. I recall him being no less easily riled, though I'll be fucked if I can remember what did for him that time.
  • I think we can surmise that Fish is not Mod. If it was the argument would still be rumbling on.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    He seemed pretty normal when he used to post "here". Sounds like success turned him into a fucking poser.

People do develop mental health issues. its not just all their life or nothing. Seems like the pressures of celebrity are what brought those issues out.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Balls.

He was quite happy to be a vocal critic. When what he criticised was changed he mysteriously gummed up. Beer called him on that and without a good answer he demanded an apology, told him to kill himself, picked his ball and went home.

Unless being a knob has been redefined a mental health issue then playing the feel sorry for the tortured artist card isn't going to get you very far with me.
  • Who was he on the Edge forum?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Balls. He was quite happy to be a vocal critic. When what he criticised was changed he mysteriously gummed up. Beer called him on that and without a good answer he demanded an apology, told him to kill himself, picked his ball and went home. Unless being a knob has been redefined a mental health issue then playing the feel sorry for the tortured artist card isn't going to get you very far with me.

I'd argue that it shows pretty strong signs of bipolar disorder.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    In fact a quick Google shows that, yes, he is bipolar.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I only see this as good news, gives me more time to finish Fez :-)
  • He should post here, then he could be bi-polar bear.

I'll get me coat

g.man
  • g.man wrote:
    Who was he on the Edge forum?

His handle was "fish" iirc.

Not to be confused with fiskemannen who we all started calling Fishman anyway because.
  • Nah, can't say I remember the guy. Fiske' was a nice chap tho.

remember him well

g.man
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Balls. He was quite happy to be a vocal critic. When what he criticised was changed he mysteriously gummed up. Beer called him on that and without a good answer he demanded an apology, told him to kill himself, picked his ball and went home. Unless being a knob has been redefined a mental health issue then playing the feel sorry for the tortured artist card isn't going to get you very far with me.

It seemed a bit more than 'called him out on it' and more like insults like "tosspot" and "fucking asshole" and "wanker".
  • Game developers should be seen and not heard.
  • They probably shouldn't be seen either.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    One could apply that mantra to "the Internet"
  • It seemed a bit more than 'called him out on it' and more like insults like "tosspot" and "fucking asshole" and "wanker".

Having watched it, I don't think that what he said was too unreasonable.

He also calls himself an arsehole to be fair.
  • Having been a bit bi polar in the distant past I can forgive his reaction to the public goading.  It's a shame that stuff like this plays out on twitter, I can imagine it would have been wholly different in person, they either would have laughed it off or had a fight.  Either way we would probably still be getting to play Fez 2.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • I imagine once his jets have cooled and the chill pills kick in, Fez 2 will resume. At the very least after whinging about MS' patch policy he could release the patch for the first one and I might just return to it.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I do wonder why the fuck Fish has a Twitter account. Or at the very least, why it was public until this blew up.

Regardless, he was perfectly happy to stick his oar in when he could criticise someone else, but got annoyed when asked to comment of the thing he criticised being improved.
  • I should give Fez a chance and see what all the fuss was about. Played it for 5 minutes but it didn't grab me.

No real opinion in the guy himself. Probably too fragile to be as outspoken as he is.
  • The first third is absolutely sublime.  But I got tired of negotiating the world map and running through already completed levels to try and find the ones I hadn't finished so I left it about halfway.  I've tried going back to it but its not something you can just jump back into.

Regardless, the idea of a sequel or just another game from the same guys is very appealing to me.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Sounds like Marion World to me.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Fez was a wonderful game. Right up there with those ones where you can't wait to forget its intracacies so you can play it again.
  • I still haven't done 100%, I should rectify that soon, a beautiful game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, it really threw me off when I got to
    Spoiler:
  • I bet, he makes the game in exile and it pops up out of nowhere. Hoping actually, fez seemed like the kind of thing that actually had a new idea or two and made use of hd era power for something other than pure boringness
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!