Just completed
  • I used melt today for the first time, heard it on some cockney comedy YouTube account the other day and it tickled me. Had heard it before like, but it stuck in the memory the other day.
  • In what way did you use it?  What does it mean?
  • He called someone a tuna melt? That’s just not on.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sounds like bollocks to me.

Just means a general thicko/general insult. Like "you absolute melt".

It's a bit like calling someone a soppy cunt but ever so slightly more derogatory. Soppy cunt is more of a backhanded compliment, melt is more of a low level insult, but there's not a lot in it.

You cried when Grandad died in Only Fools? You soppy cunt.

You cried at your kids' wedding? You fucking melt.
  • Does anyone else remember / use 'weapon' as an insult?
  • Weapon was a biggie but it’s had its time.  You massive tool.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Stop being wallies.
  • Dicksplat was a popular one in primary school when I was a kid, should bring it back.

What thread is this again?
  • Oh yeah, I know that one.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • JonB wrote:
    Dicksplash, shirley?

Nah man, primary school. Dicksplat, obviously.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pretty sure I heard both splat and splash at school.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Literally?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It wasn’t the best maintained building.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Flange has always been a go to, dunno why
  • I remember saying everything good was 'King'.

"Those popper trackies are well king"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - Good! I played the original Legend of Zelda for the NES and it really struck me how it attempted to be the Breath of the Wild of its day on such underpowered hardware. I gave it an 8/10 by modern standards but it was a definate 10/10 for its time. I feel like this, in comparison, is more of a 9/10 for its time. The graphics are improved and are quite characterful, the gameplay has been diversified and refined but while it's a more ambitious game in some respects, it's less so in others - the gameworld actually feels small in some ways, there isn't that sense of losing yourself in a vast fantasy world. The SNES was home to many of the most emotional experiences of the 16-bit era - tragic moments in Final Fantasy games, suspense in Super Metroid... A Link to the Past is a very competently designed and enjoyable game but compared to its peers it's an emotionally vapid game. I'm sure it was great at the time and it's still very enjoyable today but there's been many brilliantly designed games in the last 30 years and I think competent 2D adventure gameplay isn't enough to particularly stand out in 2021 - there really needs to be aesthetic value as well. But for all my nitpicking, a highly enjoyable fantasy romp. [8]
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Dropped out of use derogatory nouns not games reviews. Thread lock request plz.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Carrion Steam

Ignore this at your peril. A wonderful wee game, probably best polished off in a session or three over a weekend. Reverse horror indeed; you will find yourself waiting in the ventilation systems for a unsuspecting human to wander off on their own. If a 2D version of Alien: Isolation in which you play as the alien sounds like fun to you, then get this downloaded.

[9] tentacles being used to devour [10] humans.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s available through Game Pass too.

I wound up bouncing off it for the same reason as I did Fez, too many options for where to go opening up too quickly meaning that I lost track of where I’d come from and where I had yet to explore.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It feels like a Metroidvania, but it's actually pretty linear. There are some hidden canisters dotted around the place, but it's pretty much A to B. I recommend playing it in as few sessions as possible, just to avoid what you mentioned; there can appear to be a lot of ways forward, but generally there's an optimal path. Early on especially I'd end up pointlessly back-tracking and getting a smidgen frustrated, but it didn't take long to get back on track.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yeah. I got lost once, for a fucking hour, but you're not really supposed to stray from the main path. It's linear but allows you backtrack for some reason, so you've got to be careful not to get turned around. I really wanted to like it and probably would have bought it if not for the day one GP appearance, but it's the worst Devolver published game I've played. Glad you enjoyed though Swirl.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's linear but allows you backtrack for some reason, so you've got to be careful not to get turned around.

There are the extra canisters, but yeah. You can use the echolocation/growl to show the rough way forward, with emphasis on rough.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Glad you enjoyed though Swirl.

It was miiiint. That sound track tho...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Harold's Walk (New Nintendo 3DS) - One of the Nintendo 3DS's few 2021 games, and a New Nintendo 3DS exclusive at that. It's Mario 64 if Mario 64 was a trippy and very scrappy end-of-life title for the Nintendo 3DS by an inexperienced solo developer. Harold grunts his way across 10 levels, collecting 30 crowns so he can experience the game's doughnut-laden good ending. Pink nipples dot the landscape to help him jump high, while sore red nipples make him jump extremely high. The actual meat of the game is mostly adequate, the thing that is a bit annoying is the poor UI, quality-of-life features and introduction to the gameplay. There is no proper introduction to the controls anywhere in the game or in the digital manual. There is no explanation of what you are doing so, for example, it is unclear at first what the three boxes that light up next to each level on the level select represent (at first I thought they might represent different objectives like 'collect the crowns' and 'finish the level with full health' but they just represent the three crowns in each level). This cost me four British pounds and a 100% playthrough lasted 50 minutes. I was assured by a random on Twitter that this game is 'something special'. Hmm. [5]
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I kinda want to play it just because it sounds so shit, and I have to see it for myself..
  • Deathloop, PS5

Basically a streamlined fetch quest game disguised with the repeating day mechanism. Not doing anything new when you break it down but it's an interesting twist to freshen things ups.

Stealth is non existent. It's so much easier to rifle the dumb ai from a distance and be safe compared to getting spotted and wrecked by a number of well armed ai. I read a thread on reddit and that was suggesting the latest patch made the ai more aware and stealth was easier before. There is a buff that can be used to make stealth more like it was before - so need to try that.

Graphics are lovely but nothing earth shattering - tech wise. Some of the shadows are really messed up with odd frames applying incorrect shadows to a significant part of the screen, and then vanishing the next frame. But mostly, it's a very pretty game.

Sound is pretty decent with weapons having a good sound and the 3d'ness is ok but nothing special - at least you can tell where the ai are. But it's no hide in the shadows listen to footsteps game.

Character dialogue - can someone write some code to not repeat the same phrases so close together. Hearing 2 ai say the same things within a second of each other is just annoying, "Hellooo", "Ridiculous", "You can't hide", urgh. But there are some funny lines in the scripted conversations.

Voice acting is very good and the two main characters are excellent.

Music is a taste thing but I found it mostly rubbish and had it turned down to 25%.

Controls really well and is very smooth to play with the controller.

It's very much a go here and do that game and there isn't a lot left for you to work out - even with the objective markers turned off (which I only turned on from time to time and then only to get to somewhere quicker). There are a few optional things I've left to work out later so it doesn't hand hold for everything. And there is a lot of stuff going on in the game that all has to tie together.

I thought it was really good and definitely recommended. And I will be revisiting to mess around with stealth (normally my preference for these games) and to work out some of the optional things I didn't complete before.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!