Just completed
  • Breath of the wild.

Obviously a stone cold classic.

Possibly had to google a few too many boss second forms, and I'd love to know if there's a way other than waiting for lizard power to refresh to speed up the penultimate battle, but wow, overall, just magnificent.

When's the new one out? This year?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Ghah. 2023. Guess I can safely buy monster Hunter rise.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Nah, got bumped into 2023.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    MHR is also worth a punt. Best MH since Tri/3U.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Did my second post not go through?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I dunno, what was your second post?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Did my second post not go through?

You posted it while I was drafting my reply if you're wondering why it looks like I'm ignoring you.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Ghah. 2023. Guess I can safely buy monster Hunter rise.
    yeah, figured that with you ere. when swirl mentioned mhr. i was confused.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Halo 2 Anniversary (Master Chief Collection) Steam

I must have had the patience of a saint back on the original Xbox, because this had me wanting to throw my laptop out of the window on numerous occasions. Enemies seem to have wildly varying amounts of health, headshots are iffy at best, and there are too many instances of hidden enemy locations that require precognition to make the fight fair.

It's beautiful to look at, and tons of fun when it's not being annoying. A true classic, but definitely a victim of difficult second album syndrome. Now I understand why EDGE gave it a 9 back in the day, rather than the 10s reserved for CE and 3.

[8] sticky grenades passing through a rampaging Brute out of [10] headshots that aren't registered as headshots.
  • What difficulty were you playing on?
  • Brings back memories of legendary and getting sniped instantly if you didn't know the enemy spawn locations and their order. That and playing from stealth/cover is the only way you'll ever see it through to the credits. Scoped weapons are your friends.

Finished this one back in the Xbox days and it's a flawed classic. It introduced so many things (online mp, dual wielding, a coherent narrative) it's hard not to forgive it it's telepathic legendary AI faults.

On the up-side, your allies are also ridiculously adept at sniping in legendary. To exploit this arm them with as many sniper rifles/rocket launchers as you can, take to the helm of any vehicle and tear through the level killing everything in sight from a mile away.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • 2 has the most consistently enjoyable and memorable campaign for me, with the least amount of shit sections.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    What difficulty were you playing on?

Heroic.
    hunk wrote:
    Brings back memories of legendary and getting sniped instantly if you didn't know the enemy spawn locations and their order

Yeah. I think, because I played it so much back on OG Xbox, that I forgave the campaign's foibles because I knew when and where everything would be. I'd forgotten so much in the intervening years, all the issues were right at the fore again. The core mechanics are fine (bar hit detection) and the combat versus rank and file is the usual Halo genius.
    2 has the most consistently enjoyable and memorable campaign for me, with the least amount of shit sections.

I'd rate ODST as the best campaign. CE, 2, and 3 are all excellent, but 2 has too many sections that rely on rote knowledge, and the less said about the "boss" battles the better. (Why is Chief punching the Prophet when I have an energy sword?)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Talking of the energy sword, the first time I picked one up in H2A, I had vague memories telling me to put it down. I persevered, but quickly remembered why: Elites and Brutes will melee you to death with a Plasma Rifle in one hit, but the Sword takes two or three to take them down.
  • At least the boss sections were mercifully brief in the older Halos, unlike Infinite's interminable bastards.

I always play Halos on normal these days, just so the marine followers survive long enough to provide ample amusement.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I always play Halos on normal these days, just so the marine followers survive long enough to provide ample amusement.

Heh. I remember I played H2 so much on the Xbox that I could keep all the prisoner marines on the Covenant ship alive from the cells to the fight with the Hunters in the tiny room, even on Legendary. At least one play through ended when I realised they had no chance of getting out of there alive.
  • I was enjoying infinite until the shitty boss battles. Just make them skippable
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Pedestrian (Xbox Series X) - Puzzler platformer where you play as the stick man (or woman) you see on everyday signs. The puzzling is pretty pitch-perfect - just challenging enough to allow you to feel clever for completing a puzzle but never frustrating. They're also just the right length, with none of them feeling overwrought. The interplay between the 2D platformer segments and the 3D environments around them is also interesting. This is the developer's first game but absolutely doesn't feel like it. [8]
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Oh, I forgot about Lego Builder's Journey (PS5). Well a crash bug badly soured me on this and I ended up having to restart the level to progress. Basically it's a meditative Lego adventure game where you do some simple manipation of Lego blocks to create pathways across Lego dioramas. This PS5 version also has raytracing at the cost of reducing the framerate to 30Hz which in this case is a reasonable compromise as it is not a frenetic game. Unfortunately, it is not as good as it sounds - I'm not sure the developers fully got what they were trying to do with this and towards the end of the game you end up with variations on the gameplay that feel like the dev team were just aimlessly casting around... making bridges by spamming magical self-replicating Lego blocks, fannying around with machines that spew out tiles... Nice idea but wasn't fully sold on it. I would wait for it to be at least 50% on sale before trying. [6]
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Metro Exodus (PC) Enhanced Edition
    Played it for the shinies and to test out the PC really, but got into the gunplay and gave me ample opportunity to continue to try with keyboard and mouse. The story keeps you interested and it is certainly a visual treat with the RT added, even if it is a  run-of-the-mill old school FPS.

[8]
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Upacking (PC) Gamepass
    Started it a while back, got to the last house and couldn't be bothered with the juggling, but was done quite quickly. Overall a pleasant relaxing experience. Not sure I got the emotional beats some here felt, but I guess I'm just a miseable old fart.

[7]
  • Emotional beats?! Riiiiiiight.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I have moved house.  I do not want to do it again unless I have to.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Emotional beats?! Riiiiiiight.

I'm sure someone said it had some emotional feels to it... perhaps I'm imaging it.
  • Plenty have.  If you enjoy having to point, click, drag and place each word in your story then give it a go.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I have moved house.  I do not want to do it again unless I have to.

I moved house this week and I can tell ya it's more fun than playing Unpacking.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I have moved house.  I do not want to do it again unless I have to.

So bloody stressful.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Emotional beats?! Riiiiiiight.
    I'm sure someone said it had some emotional feels to it... perhaps I'm imaging it.

Edge letter from Reg? I know he wasn't happy when de Meijer overtook, but johnny-come-lately Tarasov's hustled him right out.
  • Trek to Yomi

Worth a go. Great visuals and style, decent combat that is nearly great but too often a bit clumsy. A few little bugs but nothing game breaking. Not too long either, done it in two sessions.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It's an odd game but if it hangs around on Game Pass long enough I reckon I might play it again at some point. It's a shame there's no chapter select option on completion otherwise I would've revisited a couple of sections already.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!