PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Ah, the Steam Deck equivalent of the dinosaur demo on the PlayStation.

Pretty much
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Trine (Enhanced Edition) (PS5)

I didn't think this was very good. I've been meaning to play through it for ages, having Davies back on PS4, but only just got round to it cos it plus sequels have been cheap in recent sales.

I think the main issue is it's trying to do multiple things at once, and doesn't do any of them very well, and they don't really add up to more than the sum of their parts. So it's kinda fine but nothing more than that.

Metacritic 80 is a tad surprising, I'm going stingy [6].

Though TBF I have moved straight on to Trine 2 to tick it off (seems very similar, metacritic 84 tho, whoop; third 68 tho, before fourth back to 80 and fifth 79...)

At least they're each only a few hours long...
  • Was surprised when you bought that. I thought it was cack when it came out - tried it in co-op and binned.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    How does coop work, do you still only have one active character at a time?
  • Can't remember, this was on Wii U.
  • I’ve only played 2 and thought it was pretty nice way back whenever. Think something went wrong with 3? Seem to remember a bit of furore over it and it came close to sending the dev under. 4 and then 5 came after surprisingly quickly and with lots of apologies from the dev.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think 3 is maybe 3D not 2.5d??  Can't quite remember.  Will find out soon enough I spose...
  • I played one of them years ago. Probably 2. I thought it was decent at the time, although obviously not that great since I haven't kept up with the series.
  • Alan Wake 2
    Spoiler:
  • The Invincible.

Enjoyable. Dialogue and voice acting towards the end weren't up to the nuance the story was aiming for, particularly around some of the bigger choices, but still, pretty good time to be had. Just the right length.

Visually really really strong.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Subsurface Circular (Steam Deck)

Thought this was a pretty weak interactive story. UI wall slightly tedious without a proper mouse, but the main issue was the story wasn't very engaging. Maybe some interesting robot immigration narrative available in that space, but lots of better ways to explore it (as game or book).

A least it wasn't very long. A meh [5].
  • Robocop: Rogue City

Write-up tomorrow maybe. This was disappointing in the end, and went on forever. [6]

Available to borrow on PS5 if anyone fancies being Robocop for a bit. The pistol is great.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Subsurface Circular (Steam Deck) Thought this was a pretty weak interactive story. UI wall slightly tedious without a proper mouse, but the main issue was the story wasn't very engaging. Maybe some interesting robot immigration narrative available in that space, but lots of better ways to explore it (as game or book). A least it wasn't very long. A meh [5].

I think the soundtrack pulled a lot of weight. I quite enjoyed Circular at launch but very disliked the sequel which is about First Contact (and is longer).
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Like A Dragon Gaiden

So I definitely want more turn based action in my old age, hammering buttons definitely felt its toll.

But man, that final cutscene. What a gut punch.

Roll on Infinite Wealth
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nuclear Blaze (Steam Deck)

Left feeling a bit meh about it in the end... I quite liked the basic mechanic but it didn't really go anywhere particularly exciting, the upgrades a bit underwhelming, but mainly just not hugely fun once it got more fennickety, with dodges inconsistent and flame movement sometimes hard to read it just got a little dull. [6]
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Nuclear Blaze (Steam Deck) Left feeling a bit meh about it in the end... I quite liked the basic mechanic but it didn't really go anywhere particularly exciting, the upgrades a bit underwhelming, but mainly just not hugely fun once it got more fennickety, with dodges inconsistent and flame movement sometimes hard to read it just got a little dull. [6]

That sucks. I've wanted more (decent) fire fighting games since Burning Rangers on the Saturn.

Finished Wattam.  There's frankly no one who makes games like Keita Takahashi does. If you've ever enjoyed one of his games then I would heartily recommend playing this (£3 or 4£ on Steam atm) so he can reach into your brain and aggressively drag out your inner child for play time.
  • Nice one! I’m hoping for DLC too so have kept the game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    If you want anyone to look after it for you...
  • We've got a shared copy muzz...
  • can share mine if needed
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

Didn't enjoy it as much as the remake but still solid stuff and looks amazing.
    The rift stuff is fun but was massively over sold prelaunch of the PS5, magic nonsense my arse. Although saying that there is some clever stuff going on and it utilises the SSD drive making it #trulynextgen I suppose.
    Guns are fun but I didn't fall in love with them like I did some of the ones in the remake.

I didn't get every piece of armour, Spybot or Gold Bolt but got lost of it. Side missions were fun other than collecting the Lombax Lore, like all of these "find x number of y" type missions getting the last one is always a ball ache.

The rocket boots make traversal fun, the game in general picked up for me once those unlocked.

Overall good stuff
    [8]
  • I finished the Callisto Protocol so you don’t have to. You’re welcome. There’s a game in there, but man some of the design choices are weird.

Special shout out to the new enemies introduced about 75% in, which you need to silently creep around or they mob you. However, you can kill them with a knife and then stamp on them, which makes an incredible racket, but they don’t notice that particular noise.

Runner up goes to the bosses that you just need to circle and they can never hit you, because the dodge is just left/right on the analogue stick. Circle, dodge, shoot, repeat.

I was tempted to buy the DLC to see what happens at the proper ending, as that’s locked away. I then saw that the file is less than 1mb and it’s all content was in the original game, but stuck behind a paywall of sorts. Fuck that.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This is the correct take
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    They hid the real ending behind DLC? Cunts.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Special shout out to the new enemies introduced about 75% in, which you need to silently creep around or they mob you. However, you can kill them with a knife and then stamp on them, which makes an incredible racket, but they don’t notice that particular noise.

Ah, the "because reasons" school of game design. Class.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • There was an insane amount of ‘reasons’ design going on. I enjoyed the sprint section (30 seconds, straight line, no enemies, bland corridor) to the escape pods at the end. Absolutely no need to be there, but SCI-FI game set in space dictated it as necessary.

It’s by no means a bad game, it’s just very much a game game, and there’s definitely better ways to spend your time.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    I enjoyed the sprint section (30 seconds, straight line, no enemies, bland corridor) to the escape pods at the end. Absolutely no need to be there, but SCI-FI game set in space dictated it as necessary.

Were there explosions that dealt no damage? I presume your character stumbles at some point, just to add tension?
    Syph79 wrote:
    It’s by no means a bad game, it’s just very much a game game, and there’s definitely better ways to spend your time.

Ah, always aware there's a controller in your hands.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • The game game thing might explain why I enjoyed it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!