Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Hey Grem, this may help...

Every second is one minute in game. The game has a 1hr day cycle, 10 minutes for night 50 for day.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • That does kind of help actually - knowing it's only 10 minutes of night!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It certainly doesn't feel like ten minutes.
  • Still hugely enjoying this. I'm a bit more confident with the movement and combat now, so I'm less terrified than at first.

Been unlocking safe houses and have started the radio antennae mission for Rais. Absolutely bricked it when that spitter thing attacked me.

Also unlocked a safe house where I had to take out two hazmat zombies (which I hadn't faced before) and a rebar brute - fucking hell, didn't think straight and exploded the hazmat guys which then got some virals attention (twice). Barely made it alive to clear the safe house as night fell.

Loving it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • It is glorious stuff.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah, reading Grem's posts has me recalling the fun I had with the game. Very good.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Still need to finish it.

WEBBO?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've been meaning to return to this. Once i unlocked the City, my interest waned a little. It was probably because i'd come to know & love The Slums, and consider them a perfect playground for this sorta game. To be honest, i would've been happy if that was all the content available, because i had so many great 'shit-ya-pants' moments running & clambering over those shanty rooftops. 

I suppose it makes sense for me to return months later, and treat the City as a sequel or expansion, learning everything again from scratch, most importantly how NOT to fall from the new 3-storey building height...OUCH!

Great game! Never did play co-op with any of you lot though.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Getting back into TWD had whetted my gratuitous appetite for this yesterday afternoon. 

Mapping my Medi kit to an elite paddle saved my hairy arse quite a few times.  It is officially now worth the 120 pounds paid.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Didn't realise you ha(ir)d it Hair.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Still need to finish it.

WEBBO?

Well I did mention it to you in a msg over Halloween but y'know...

GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

Yus, I just don't like playing this multiplayer, prefer going solo old bean.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh well screw you Billy.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

Yus, I just don't like playing this multiplayer, prefer going solo old bean.

Correct. Drop kicking zombiods into each other is fun and that, but this is at its best when you're on your own.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Still hugely enjoying this. I'm a bit more confident with the movement and combat now, so I'm less terrified than at first. Been unlocking safe houses and have started the radio antennae mission for Rais. Absolutely bricked it when that spitter thing attacked me. Also unlocked a safe house where I had to take out two hazmat zombies (which I hadn't faced before) and a rebar brute - fucking hell, didn't think straight and exploded the hazmat guys which then got some virals attention (twice). Barely made it alive to clear the safe house as night fell. Loving it.

Ah I had tonnes of fun with this and wish that I didn't just fly through the story now.

Might pick it up from CEX and do all the side stuff.
  • This is one of those games where played singularly is the better experience, first time round at least. You just don't get that fear or vulnerability in co-op.

I would encourage those that haven't to get Zombi for the similar dread. You are not even half as physically capable in that, plus that has permadeath.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I know when I'm not wanted.
  • We've started so we'll finish.
  • Webbins wrote:
    This is one of those games where played singularly is the better experience, first time round at least. You just don't get that fear or vulnerability in co-op. I would encourage those that haven't to get Zombi for the similar dread. You are not even half as physically capable in that, plus that has permadeath.

I didn't even know Zombi existed, thanks for this.  I've just watched a YT vid and it looks right up my street.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Me and Webble cracked on with our save last night and got to where Curtis mentioned. Quite the eye opener.

It's taken us ages to get there in hours played because we've been hoovering every side mission. Think we're gonna crack on with the storyat this point.

Took me ages to get back into the controls and special moves. Not like riding a bike.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Pfft just remembered this. Flying zombie glitch.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FranticPea/video/12706588
  • I've just started Zombi, it's good so far. Always wanted to play it.
  • This is on sale like errywhere at the moment so I finally got it for the ps4. I'd played the demo and enjoyed it and all of g and his excitement got me pumped too. I've only done a little but I like it. I like that it makes you want to avoid the zombies, you're not a badass. Well not yet anyway.

I got a copy for a friend too, can you do everything in coop? Like all the missions etc?

Also with the weapons and upgrades do they only take effect on your current weapon or on all of that type of weapon you pick up from then on? Because you can only repair things a limited number of times so if not then upgrade would be pointless right?
  • You can do everything in co-op Shabs, but it makes it a completely different game. It's a laugh riot in co-op, but as a game experience it's vastly superior in SP. 
    Upgrades only affect your current weapon, but the power of weapons scales up as you level up.
    Pretty soon you'll have so many weapons you'll be able to open a superstore so I wouldn't worry.
    Go native and unlock all the safehouses, ignore the main story for long stretches unless you're in the vicinity of something story related.
  • Don't upgrade weapons, got it. Seems a little silly really.

I'll do some exploring. Does the coop progress count for both people?
  • No, do upgrade weapons. Just don't be precious about them because they are plentiful.
  • So I take it you find enough upgrade material to make upgrading that weapon that'll break in 5 mins of attacking not a waste?
  • Yup. At the start of the game you are incredibly underpowered. Your best tactic is avoidance and to run away. Unlocking the safe rooms will level up your parkour/stamina skills and while you're travelling the map pick up everything you come across then store it at the next safe room.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The start is the best bit. Being vulnerable to normal zeds, terrified of the night, going at a snail's pace and having to think about your every move.
  • Shabs, it's also good to stockpile lots of shit weapons at the start, because they will stop spawning in favour of much better weapons as you level up.
    Much later when you're a grapple swinging, speed running badass it's actually a lot of fun to arm yourself just with a crap weapon to see how much you can fuck with the Zeds armed with just a screwdriver or suchlike.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!