Dying Light, a next-gen Dead Island...
  • "Dying Light's The Following expansion will launch 9th February 2016, Polish developer Techland has announced, alongside - as well as included within - a newly unveiled Enhanced Edition of the game. This is for all three formats: PC, PS4, Xbox One.

The Enhanced Edition does what a Game of the Year Edition would typically do - bundle the game and all downloadable content - but with added relish. The enhancements and added extras apparently took half-a-year to create.
    The enhancements include: 

Nightmare difficulty setting
    Legend system
    Bounties system
    New Parkour moves
    New enemy attacks and behaviours
    Enhanced facial expressions
    New NPC models
    Improved human enemy AI
    Improved volatile AI
    Greater firearm variety
    HUD and video filter customisations
    Audio upgrades
    Gameplay quality improvements
    Console performance upgrades 
    Overall game look and feel improvements
    #DrinkForDLC Content

Those enhancements are available to any one who owns the game. You'll be able to download them as a patch if you own the game already, or they'll come with the Enhanced Edition itself - it would be jolly strange if they did not.
    Also included in the Enhanced Edition are DLCs The Following, The Bozak Horde mode, the Be the Zombie mode, the Cuisine & Cargo challenge missions, the Ultimate Survivor Bundle, and all the content updates released to date. It's a $60 game, so a full-priced game.

The Following expansion is available either alone or as part of the Season Pass, which will be raised in price to £24 on 8th December. Currently it's £16. Techland announced its intention to up the price about a week ago, explaining that The Following had grown so large it required a bigger price. Alternatively you can buy The Following alone for £16. 

The Following introduces drivable buggies to the game, which can be murderously modified and full-throttled around a giant new map that's the same size as Dying Light's current maps combined, apparently."
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Good info there G. I may wait until February to get back into this dead atmospheric game. Ahem.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    All sounds kinda interesting. Games 2.0 really is becoming A Thing.
  • It's really just a GotY edition with a major new DLC expansion included. Clearly they've made a lot of advancements to their engine for the DLC, so I guess it makes sense to patch them into the original game too.
  • I might actually get a around to playing this then. New patch sounds great.
  • So what does the season pass get you for £24 that the DLC doesn't for £16?

This game continues to be amazing. Last night I got chased up a hill by a viral and as I was fighting her off she suddenly cried out in a totally normal human voice, staggered back and cowered away from me, hands over her head. I hesitated, totally surprised by her behaviour and as I did she suddenly straightened up, growled and launched herself at me, all traces of humanity gone. My flailing nightstick caved her head in. All this happened in about 2-3 seconds.

Not sure if it was a bug or intentionally programmed emergent behaviour but it was astonishing to be part of.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • The rest of the DLC that's already been released isn't worth bothering with Grem. It's all about The Following.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Last night I got chased up a hill by a viral and as I was fighting her off she suddenly cried out in a totally normal human voice, staggered back and cowered away from me, hands over her head. I hesitated, totally surprised by her behaviour and as I did she suddenly straightened up, growled and launched herself at me, all traces of humanity gone. My flailing nightstick caved her head in. All this happened in about 2-3 seconds. Not sure if it was a bug or intentionally programmed emergent behaviour but it was astonishing to be part of.
    That sort of behaviour is coded in.
  • It's amazingly well implemented - it's the first time I'd seen it in all the hours played so far.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    You lot are making this sound brilliant, shame I pretty much shit my pants at scary games though if anybody wants to do some co-op over Christmas I'll be up for trying a bit more past my first, and only, venture to a lorry about 30 yards away from the tower!

EDIT: Forgot to say, PS4 is my weapon of choice.
  • Ha, is a bit like that. Everytime I see an airdrop I just nope the other way. Five zombies. Nope. That area looks a little dark. Nope. Two Rais dudes are wailing on someone, good luck fella.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    You lot are making this sound brilliant, shame I pretty much shit my pants at scary games though if anybody wants to do some co-op over Christmas I'll be up for trying a bit more past my first, and only, venture to a lorry about 30 yards away from the tower!

EDIT: Forgot to say, PS4 is my weapon of choice.

I'm usually exactly the same, but this is so good that I've forced myself to get over it. Although, I have a rule that I never play this just before bed as the adrenaline stops me from sleeping. I can play it at night, I just have to watch some TV or cruise around in Forza before turning in to depressurise!

I'm now trying to venture out at night, but have only managed to walk around the perimeter of a safe house before shitting it from the night hunters.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Just came in here to ask when this bumper 'enhancement' patch is out but i can see g.man's post above.

Great stuff. I still have the city part of the main game to complete so thats plenty of content right there.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nowhere seems to be listing it yet, which is odd. I might indulge if it's sensibly priced.
  • Is the combat really, really hard in this or am I just crap? Every fight ends with me losing 2000 survivor points.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    Is the combat really, really hard in this or am I just crap? Every fight ends with me losing 2000 survivor points.
    You need to learn when to fight and when to run. When you do need to fight, it should never be toe to toe - back off plenty and recuperate APs before jumping in for another swing. Taking higher ground is also a good idea.
  • Gets easier as your weaponary improves and skills increase. Eventually you'll be swipping through hordes with one hit kills

• Come with g if you want to live...
  • I want to play this again NOW. So much fun.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • It's currently eating into the time in the evenings when I really should be getting more sleep.
    After liking Infamous, loving Mordor and becoming addicted to this, I think I've realised that my favourite games are sandbox world action game thingies.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Played the demo. What a mess.
  • Game of the Year.
  • Was an awesome game. Just finished it the other day. I'm with Reg (if you don't count Bloodborne).
  • Started playing this again after a break for my Xmas games. Such great fun - although I'm still too chicken to go out at night.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Took me ages to work up the courage to get that zombie flesh sample.
  • Been breening around Haran today, gathering side missions, experimenting with weapon combos and ranking up.

There's such a massive feeling of freedom in this game. I don't think there's ever been another game that recalls such a level of involvement with your environment - see a roof/building/antennae you can nearly always climb it.

utterly brilliant.
  • It's probably the only genuinely next-gen gaming experience I've had so far. The environments are just an absolute joy to traverse, and it just reeks atmosphere from every pore.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Sounds pretty stinky G.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Who's getting the DLC? I bought the season pass cheap a while ago. The vehicles look great
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!