Raiziel's Skyrim thread
  • Great pics. I want a Hobbit hole!
  • I've almost done all the main stuff now. About to finish Dark Brotherhood then after that it's just The Companions left. At about level 49 I was stupidly wondering why I was now leveling so damn slowly. It was of course because I'd maxed out all the skills and weapons I'd been focused on from the start. So I've now changed to two-handed weapons and heavy armour and I'm back on track. 

Should have mixed things up before now really as the game feels fresh again, almost like starting a whole new character. 

Still a few other bits and bobs I want to finish up, like collecting all those dragon priest masks.
  • All those dragon priest whats now?
  • Each of the eight Dragon Priests has a mask you can loot, each with different abilities. Get all eight for a prize! 

Think I've got five, I used Krosis' mask quite a lot 'till I was able to make my own superior stuff.
  • Im a bit stuck on the Companion mission where what's his chops wants to tag along while you go kill a Dragon. When I get there the dragon is fuck hard and there is one of those Priest deelies too.

Normally I would sack it off and start another mission but the guy who wants to come with me now won't leave me alone, can't tell him to wait or stop following me.

Any advice for dragon slaying? I've mainly got Heavy Armor, one handed and archery,I'm about level 20 which I think maybe just a bit too low for what I'm doing.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    ah so its krios the dragonpriest that keeps killing me.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Yeah, think thats the dude that keeps killing me, though the Dragon ain't helping.

Bit of research suggests the quest I'm on is "Dragon Seekers".
    The dragon selected for me to kill is random and I have randomly got the hardest bloddy one.
  • Any advice for dragon slaying?

As a dragon slayer of some renown, I can confidently say its all about the resistances. If you're a melee type, go for the shield perk that gives you elemental protection for example.  There are plenty of trinkets out there that supply frost, fire, etc resistances too....

Additional tip: never approach a dragon head-on.  If they score a crit hit it'll trigger their chomp attack animation, that can kill you outright even with 3/4 health.  Manoeuvre and attack 'em from the rear.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • What Blocks said. Also, if there's a Dragon Priest at the location, keep your distance and try to draw the dragon to you with your bow.

If it works you can kill the dragon first, then try for the Dragon Priest at your leisure. Krosis' mask gives +20% to Lockpicking, Archery, and Alchemy so it's worth getting. Stock up on healing potions though, he's a tough bastard.
  • Think I may try and lure the dragon away then go for the priest at a later stage, I can easily avoid 'activating' the priest so I think that may be my best bet.

Could really do with unlocking the slow down time while aiming perk for archery before I do this. I don't mind having this dude following me around but I dont want him to do die before I finish his mission.
  • Can you not find another follower that will replace him?
  • I tried that but I cant replace him through any method, I looked it up and apparently it is a bug. Should have gone back a save before I did a bunch of stuff. I will just save before doing anything epic in case I lose him.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    I beat the dragon and got the shout from the wall behind the dragon priest before swigging dome potions and running away.

He will still be there for me to beat later ....right?
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Yup, level up and go back whenever you want. Think my level was low 20's when I killed him, was damn hard though.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    All those dragon priest whats now?

You get to look like this guy!

t2ZmW.jpg
  • daviedigi wrote:
    I beat the dragon and got the shout from the wall behind the dragon priest before swigging dome potions and running away. He will still be there for me to beat later ....right?

Just came on here to say I did exactly this. The Dragon died right in front of the wall, had to run a classic absorb dragon soul/read wall/get bones and scales/run away play. Luckily I had Companion dude and my summoned demon dude to distract.

Companion dude said he wanted to stay, buffoon.

Had a really productive evening on this, rounded off quite a few quests, got a bad ass soul absorbing mace the kills all and shouted at Bears in houses.
  • FYI

The steam and disc versions are identical. The disc actually uses steam.
  • The dragon priest a what?  I haven't met one yet, although I haven't done any of the main quest past meeting the greybeards.
  • They're seriously tough, dragon worshiping undead priests, and former masters of the Draugr.

You only come across one of them during the main quest, so you'll bump into them sooner or later Elm.

If you do want to hunt one down, the aforementioned Krosis is probably the easiest to get to. You'll find him at Shearpoint, in the mountains note east of Whiterun. It's a wordwall location, so look for the small dragon head on your map.

I don't know what level you are Elm, but Krosis is best left 'til you're around 20 or so.
  • I took on one of them when I was a mage and way too underpowered.  Was the hardest battle I had the whole game.  I only managed to beat him due to a glitch.  I think he ran out of Magicka so he ended up sitting in a corner doing nothing while I chipped away at him by placing fire runes on the floor underneath him.  That was the strongest spell I had.
  • Yeah I had a 45 minute odd battle with one (not including all the failed attempts). Two hits and I was dead. The only way I could do it was to run into a small room off the main chamber, wait for him to follow me, run out as soon as he was running in and hide round the doorway. 

I'd then peek round the corner, fire off an arrow from the Bound Bow, and get hit by his lightning. That took away about 99% of my energy and I hadn't levelled my Archery at all until then. Each one of my shots took away about 1% of his energy. 

Still, got some decent restoration levelling out of it.
  • They're seriously tough, dragon worshiping undead priests, and former masters of the Draugr. You only come across one of them during the main quest, so you'll bump into them sooner or later Elm. If you do want to hunt one down, the aforementioned Krosis is probably the easiest to get to. You'll find him at Shearpoint, in the mountains note east of Whiterun. It's a wordwall location, so look for the small dragon head on your map. I don't know what level you are Elm, but Krosis is best left 'til you're around 20 or so.

I'm 52 now, so I'll go hunt him good.
  • To find all the Dragon Masks, don't you have to be a member of all the Guilds though?  I'm sure you have to follow the Mage Guild questline for e.g to get at least one of the masks.  Unfortunately I'm not one of those players who likes the idea of designing a character who can become the leader of all the guilds, don't see the point in that....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • @Elmlea: Happy hunting.

@Blocks: Yeah, you do have to complete most of the Mages guild missions before you get one of the masks. I'm in no hurry to go down that path, so can't see myself getting them all for a good while yet.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I think I'm stuck, in the frozen wastes, there's a dude with a big dwarfy door, but he won't let me in. I've got the attunement sphere, but no cigar
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I have an attunement sphere, but I can't remember what it's for.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Moving mirrors around to unlock dwarfy doors
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Decided to restart skyrim with a bunch of mods, starting by going by this guide http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11

Got most of those mods on it and it looks absolutely beautiful, i'l follow kilted's leadand get some pictures
  • Look forward to seeing them. I'll post a few more later.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!