A thread for watch love
  • 90-F27370-2859-4784-BD39-8-DC794-FFC153.jpg

Thats the Oris Altimeter. Its fucking huge. £3k
    PSN - minkymu
  • Just loaded your pics Elf. Some belters in there.

My fave out of that haul is the Tag Carrera, with the Orange bezel Omega Seamaster a close 2nd.
    PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Intriguing, wasn't that watch, but yeah they need to massive to work, because you're basically carrying a barometer on your wrist. I remember looking a few years back and found nothing, so pretty cool that it does exist as a complication somewhere. His one alone has done over a 1000 jumps
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yeah oris do the dial in 2 different measurements too.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Oris. Now theres an underated watch brand.
    PSN - minkymu
  • 9085-D0-E4-B4-E3-4378-B214-CD3-C20-E30-FF0.jpg

I love this Longines Heritage Military.

Such attention to detail. Proper heated till blue hands. 38mm polished steel case. The tiny specs you see in the dial are hand applied, so each dial is unique. The black/brown dots are meant l to mimic the ageing process of the original watches dial.

£1,750
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh I like that.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • 6-FCF277-D-9243-4-BF6-AF3-E-139-C1-D8-CC8-C2.jpg

And then theres is this....... that dial!
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I prefer the less busier dial. When I was younger I liked the super busy looking ones.

Have a fancy for a vintage seiko.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • That Longines is classy.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    That Longines is classy.

Yeah the Longines is defo my next watch grab. It is so well thought out and executed. I tried it on and the curved case back makes it sit perfectlly. The strap is actually green in person, like aged bronze, supple though. Lovely big crown and box crystal al too. I like the fact its bespoke, despite being very roduced in decent numbers(1940 plus)

I wish i had bought it, but funds prevented it.
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK wrote:
    I prefer the less busier dial. When I was younger I liked the super busy looking ones.

Have a fancy for a vintage seiko.

The new presage cocktail range and sharp edged range are magnificent. Seiko is currently smashing every one on dial design and execution atm.

The pressage dials are unreal for the money

PSN - minkymu
  • F34067-C3-4-A25-4-F76-BEA2-B5-EC5-AC80-A53.jpg

I mean look at the dial on that. £400 that is. Incredible detail
    PSN - minkymu
  • Some lovely watches on this thread. It has helped me in that im more sure than ever that i wont ever go above £200-£300 for a watch. It just isn't me. Watches that cost thousands are luxury items more than watches. I guess its the same with cars for me. Abit of a car nut, but when cars start going above the 100k mark i loose all interest. I think its the same with watches. Above a certain threshold and its just empty. Anyway thats just me.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Stop posting pics Minky! You’re making me want to waste money.
  • Honestly spend 30 mins on the presage cocktail range webpage and then see how hard it is ti avoid buying at least 2
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Stop posting pics Minky! You’re making me want to waste money.

A watch is never a waste. They are too special

PSN - minkymu
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Some lovely watches on this thread. It has helped me in that im more sure than ever that i wont ever go above £200-£300 for a watch. It just isn't me. Watches that cost thousands are luxury items more than watches. I guess its the same with cars for me. Abit of a car nut, but when cars start going above the 100k mark i loose all interest. I think its the same with watches. Above a certain threshold and its just empty. Anyway thats just me.

Dino i swear i can get you some beautiful watches for that money. £300

PSN - minkymu
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    There's a specific word for detail on the dial, I know it but I can't recall it. There's also a Finnish guy, so good at it he's got his own brand despite not being a movement guy

Edit: Kari Voutilainen bloody gorgeous https://www.voutilainen.ch/the-watches/#*
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Also yes Dino, even at under 500 there is good stuff to be found. After all 1:1 Rolex replicas can be sold in this range, therefore a real firm can do the same. The watch I stopped wearing a little while ago was a German brand with no history, using Chinese movements which were perfect clones of Swiss movements
  • cockbeard wrote:
    There's a specific word for detail on the dial, I know it but I can't recall it. There's also a Finnish guy, so good at it he's got his own brand despite not being a movement guy

Edit: Kari Voutilainen bloody gorgeous https://www.voutilainen.ch/the-watches/#*

Wow. Some proper jazzy dials in there.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Love a good red dial, been cruising ebay for Seiko 5's again thanks to this thread, look at this beauty, love that sunburst dial. 

s-l1600.jpg
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Ooooft lovely. Red dials are in big time this year.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Regards the sub £500 watch purchase discussion there are some banging options to look at.

My CWC Mellor 72. First picture i posted.

The Seiko presage cocktail range. Some stunning dial colours and textures in that range.

The Gshock G Lide surf watches are cool.

Or theres this:

EECC3-ACA-F530-422-A-852-D-5987900-CFB3-E.webp

The Hamilton Khaki field hand wound mechanical. 3 dial colours including a sand one and a black one, but for me whites the pick of the lot
    PSN - minkymu
  • BD90-A16-F-25-F0-4237-85-B9-29-D00-CF4-C86-F.webp

The G Lide smart surf watch. White one again for me. The teal one is the collectable one though as they have discontinued it. So thats the rare one
    PSN - minkymu
  • B27-F7050-B747-4041-8869-165167722-E95.jpg

Another couple of presage cocktail watches. Again under £500. Insane detail for the cash. Well put together too.

They have brown, green, gold red and frost blue dial and textured varieties too. They even do a cream snd gold honeycomb dial with an semi exposed movement.

No one would think you paid under a grand either
    PSN - minkymu
  • Theres even one for Roujin.

FB0-ECB5-D-6016-4-D5-E-92-FC-8-E1-AEE653-D05.webp

Phwoar
    PSN - minkymu
  • A few more i found interesting. Minkymu, no Tags or Bretlings posted? What do you think of those brands? Also by all means keep posting pics of £1000+ watches, its interesting to see them.

Screenshot-20210320-081741-Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot-20210320-081721-Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot-20210320-081756-Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot-20210320-083143-Chrome.jpg
  • Ha ha i was going to post the Hamilton surfboard in a bit. Tbf Bulova do some good watches. The Bulova moonwatch quartz is a beauty, like the omega moonwatch it has legitimate space going heritage in the Apollo missions, but none of the kudos as it wasnt the first one in space.

£499

BA4-CB1-D8-0289-4498-9221-9276-B3-C5-B728.jpg
    PSN - minkymu
  • I like tags and brietlings, though the ranges within each brand are a bit samey for me.

Brietling are starting to take risks of late though with case materials. The lightweight bonded chopped pvd case on the Colt Skyracer was nice, also used on the avenger series.

Tbf if i was going Brietling i would go superocean 2 navy blue.
    0-FCD0-F7-C-F1-D5-4306-8692-4-C47-F4050-AAC.jpg
    PSN - minkymu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!