Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm enjoying it well enough - does look very nice, gameplay isn't exactly taxing but there's enough little bits of variety in it to keep me happy so far.
  • You gotta remember that Unc starts each day looking at himself in the mirror so not much is going to be better looking than that throughout his day.

I mean, I do the same thing too, so I guess I'm just not as handsome. Damn, this day gets worse.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This interview with the devs is really good. It's basically John going over all the interesting tech stuff he noted in his tech breakdown and asking the devs how they did it.

"ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • There's also this one they uploaded recently, which goes over the different performance modes.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m playing and enjoying this loads but it is very much a continuation of the previous game. However I just got to the
    Spoiler:

Also, the SSD tech is real. On the big open world bits with pocket dimensions there is literally no loading going between them and you can see both at once.
  • I must say, apart from the stunning presentation, I felt the opening section was a little flat/dull. 

But it soon finds its feet, and I'm really enjoying it now. A lot of love has gone into this, the small details and animations are utterly brilliant. 

The rifts are a gimmick really - but its impressive tech nevertheless. 

I'll reserve full judgement until i've finished but so far so good.
  • Not sure on this. Yes it’s stunning, an absolute gem on my OLED, but it’s very, very basic in terms of gameplay. The shooting and combat is very basic and the platforming so far is very dull. Pad use is good but not as good as Returnal, and so far it just feels very much like…a kids game. First time I’ve played any of the series so is that the norm? To be fair I’ve only played an hour or so, only just switched characters for the first time. But after all the reviews I expected an absolute game changer.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My cousin bought it so I could install it, but I can't be arsed after his thoughts. Plus I didn't think much of the PS4 one anyway. He's gutted about spending 140 quid on Returnal and Ratchet and falling off both within a few hours of play.
  • I’ll keep going with it as heard it’s reasonably short and there may be more to it, but I have absolutely no idea how it reviewed so well so far, it’s very pretty but so far that’s all it has going for it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's a [7] maybe pushing to an [8] for me I reckon. Is guess I'm about halfway through. So not bad by any means, but not the second coming either - and enjoyment of shinies (and the characters) likely swingers in overall perception.
  • I've been enjoying it too but it's making me want to go back and play the early ones because I feel like this is missing stuff that used to be the norm in the originals but I'm not sure if I'm miss-remembering.
    I feel like the earlier games were more open levels with 2 or 3 potential paths to go down and some requiring tools you'd get later in the level or in another world so you'd have to remember where to come back to. I also thought puzzles used to be more involved and would get more complex as you went along as well as the secret stuff being quite secret and requiring guides at times to help find them.

The lack of complexity has been a slight disappointment but it's still been a fun linear ride.
  • Most of this chat appeals to me but it definitely sounds like the RRP is a piss-take pricepoint. In my ideal world these short/straightforward AAA experiences exist, but they'd be priced accordingly.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've definitely seen some bits that I reckon I need other stuff to go be able to get...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Think I'm nearly at the end, it's been fun and it looks amazing. I think the gun play is what you choose to make of it by experimenting with the different guns and then comboing up. I quick like Topiary, plus Mushroom, plus Glove of Doom on bosses for example. Agree on the price to value proposition being a bit off, but I think to 100% it will take a fair bit of time and I'm happy to go back in after the credits and grab all the stuff.
  • Shockingly poor checkpoints
    The Forum Herald™
  • There was this isolated section on one of the earlier levels, where I managed to jump to (using hover boots, glitch jump, double jump combo)... but it was clearly an area I shouldn't of been able to reach (static npc's with their arms out stretched), I then couldn't get back without it dumping me back in the same spot. I had to quit out the game and go back in again. 

Theres been a few instances where the game has just stopped, like the next wave of enemies or objective hasn't triggered.  No game crashes or anything mind.
  • It's given me the impression that it's a cut down version of a full Ratchet and Clank experience to, perhaps, get it out close to the release of the console. It's solid and stunning but I've encountered a few bugs like that, plus the lack of level design depth I was expecting.
  • Think I’m nearly finished now and, although it’s built into a much better game than those first couple of levels suggested, it’s not been too wonderful. It looks good (though not great), has great heart and I really appreciate its pacing and compact size. Many of the weapons provide great combos together and I’ve had some fun there but it doesn’t feel like a full blown release. The price point is a definite issue for Sony now. Their absolute premium stuff like LoU, Uncharted, GOW, Spidey can get away with it but this is too sleight and too underdeveloped to make the big bucks pricing feel at least a little less sore. So, though I’ve enjoyed it, I kinda feel a little bit ripped off too and that’s not a good final feel for a consumer.

Some of the level design is just bizarre too. Small areas with massive skyboxes and promises of more simply locked away behind invisible walls.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Great pics :-)
  • I have genuinely been looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this Andy.
  • No.9 is an incredible pic.
  • So faced off against
    Spoiler:

For the first time ? Near the end ? Half way through? Time to mop up or push in through ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm having such a good time with thus, even though it is just throwing PS2 gameplay at me. The virus shmups bits are my highlight, and being in the first massive open world bit is amazing.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm having such a good time with thus, even though it is just throwing PS2 gameplay at me. The virus shmups bits are my highlight, and being in the first massive open world bit is amazing.

Ironic then that all three ps2 games are pretty wanky. It’s doing enough to justify the ps5.

It’s ridiculously good fun though your right

The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Interesting use of 120hz mode here…

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message

This video covers what I was saying when I saw the rifts in the first trailer and gets the point over better than I ever could
  • Thread bump but I'm loving this.  Bring on the invisible walls and PS2 gameplay.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!