Punching ozno in the fuck - boxing and MMA for girlie men
  • Aye I'm all over that! Looks brilliant.
  • I can't see it, myself.
  • Gav, is that Chael Sonnen thing a meme I just don't get?
  • Yeah, pretty much. Part of his thing in his trash talk days was making elaborate excuses, saying he was undefeated, etc. I love him for it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Crawford's the real deal, then. Pure class.

He's a bit negative until closing time, but his subtle parries, positioning and footwork are peerless at the minute. Just didn't know if he had a good enough chin for Spence, and now I think he probably does.

He was so good at keeping Porter off-balance up close he didn't need to adhere to more predictable shapes. A couple of the best catches I've seen in years went in. Porter almost had a free go on an open target at times, but would've had so little leverage from Crawford weighting his shoulder he sensibly waited to break.

It was a top effort from Porter, I just think he needed more of prime Pacquiao's movement. When he quickened his feet to commit after a second step rather than first Bud looked catchable, using singles and feints to try and place him for the reset. Didn't show enough angles to conceal his aggressive bursts, and ultimately it cost him.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Looking forward to the Pulev-Mir Mortal Kombat and Moe memes. Pulev's so rubbish now he couldn't even input his Fatality in time, straight up whiffing his uppercut.

Over in pro boxing, Lopez-Kambosos was a cracker.
  • Oh wow, you're not kidding.  I've never seen anyone do that Finish Him stagger in real life.  Quality reffing lol.

I don't know much about boxing; was the bloke Mike Perry beat any good?
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Trb2acH.jpeg

Was just kinda sad watching Mir. You really notice the weeks without UFC.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    was the bloke Mike Perry beat any good?

The only win I recognise on his record is an end-of-career Byron Mitchell, so it doesn't look like it. And he's pushing 40, same as Mitchell was when they fought. He lost to Eleider Alvarez and Edwin Rodriguez, both gatekeeperish.

Triller's matchmaking's so random and oftentimes dangerous, I'm guessing they hire anyone who agrees after making loads of calls. Cunningham was more than Mir could handle, so they get Pulev! Who is pretty poor by elite standards, but still.
  • Finally, some big ass scraps at the weekend in the UFC.

I'm going Gane & Moreno.
  • Finally, some big ass scraps at the weekend in the UFC.

I'm going Gane & Moreno.

Me too but if FN wins that sort of lines the cross over fight with Fury up. Ngannou saying he punches harder than Wilder is laughable for me. We saw what happened last time an elite mma striker with the touch of death faced a boxer.

I'd prefer them to stick to their own sports but money talks.
  • I think with this being Francis' last contracted fight on his current deal, he's actually more likely to chase Fury if he loses rather than wins. If he loses, he's off, Dana hates his manager and doesn't really like him. If he wins, offer the fattest of stacks for a fight with a returning Jones.

But I'll be very Dana here and say "let's see how it all plays out".

Oh! The London event has a main event. Big Aspinall vs Volkov, fuckin gees that! Future UK champ!
  • Interesting. I think FN has his heart set on boxing but who knows how its gonna pan out.

We've got some great heavyweights in boxing and mma at the moment so there's realy no need for the cross over other than it might be the money fight.

High hopes for Aspinall here too.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Fury-Ngannou's a nonstarter unless it's a hybrid match.

Against an 18st man with a lower centre of gravity in UFC, Fury's height would count against him, his long limbs turned to disadvantage on the ground.

And because he's not trained, I reckon he'd try and fall on Ngannou's back every takedown attempt away from the wall, giving up rear naked opportunities. He'd be there all day for leg kicks, too.

But then Ngannou wouldn't land a shot in boxing, and after dealing with Fury's clinches for a few rounds he'd be blowing out of his arse.

So it's really hard to guess what rules might be fair...

— Octagon
    — 3x5
    — No kicks below the belt

Seems fine, but what about wrasslin'? They could limit groundwork to once per round, with any subsequent takedowns immediately reset. Or maybe impose a time limit, like 10/15/20 seconds, so Fury could look to survive each takedown rather than contest it.

Fury'd want large enough gloves to block, catch and parry, whereas Ngannou wouldn't wanna lose all his grip. Could always invent a special design.

But I think wherever you land on rules, the potential for a one-sided match is high.
  • Well.... Damn. Ngannou by wrestling? Who saw that coming??

Co-main was brilliant as well. Have they two fight every few months, I'd tune in every time. Man, what a sport.

Pay up, Dana!
  • Very impressed with FN there, he's not just a big strong bomber anymore. He's well rounded and most scary of all he's able to adapt between and during fights.

Gane looked good but he absolutely should of played position over submission in the fifth, it's basically the first thing your taught in bjj. If he stays on top he wins the fight. Rush of blood, inexperience under the lights maybe.
  • A fucking leg lock too! Almost as bad as jumping guard. What was he thinking?
  • Hahah, yeah, I saw him really going for it and Francis had a look of "lol okay bro". Incredible.
  • I think he gave Francis the easiest sweep I've ever seen. It looked great and props to Francis for seeing it and executing it so clean but I just couldn't believe Gane would go from a dominant position to planting his foot inside like he did.
  • Francis had Gane's posting arm trapped so there's no way Gane could of stopped the sweep.
  • Anyone watching the Eubank Jr fight?
    I spotted it was on Sky Showcase so giving it a go. I havent watched boxing in years.
  • There's some absolute WWE shit going down post Claressa Shields fight. Love it.
  • Eubank all over Williams.
    So slick.
  • Yeah. Williams had a couple of ok rounds there. Can't knock his heart.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The problem for Eubank is that he's nowhere to go for a major belt. Andrade and Charlo would start as big favourites to outpoint him, Munguia to outhustle him, and unless Golovkin's really slid during his recent inactivity, he's still too good.

And G's fighting Murata next, who'd also be fancied to beat Eubank if he wins. Eubank might get past Lara at this point, so I wouldn't be surprised if that one happens.
  • Khan vs Brook tonight, looking forward to it.

Also this might warrant a thread soon, looking at you Gav obv ;)
  • Aw yeah, had my eye on that for a while. Looks insane, hope it translates to pad well.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Race to the finish this: can Khan's handspeed find Brook's eye before he finds Khan's chin...

Expect Khan to try and keep it long to that end.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!