Gran Turismo 7 - PS5 reboot!
  • PSone GT original was grindy as Fuck
    The Forum Herald™
  • Only played a couple of hours but there's been no egregious nickel n diming.

I am enjoying the more laid back tone than I've been used to in racing games recently - as much as I love Forza Horizon I've been done with the dance festival stuff for a while.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • It's subtle, but it's there. I'm all-in on the grind.

Have only done Sunday cup so far, which is a non-event. I've now set difficulty to hard, but I think the issue is with the rolling single file starts and things feeling more like a chase than a race. This has been mentioned as a criticism by some reviewers.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m in for slow and steady progression. One of the things that puts me off Forza is the amount it throws at you day one and the map being busier than an Ubisoft game.
  • Have just spent some time fitting my Civic with a widened body, new paint job, wheels and some decals. Then over to Scapes for a few photos.

Everything in this game so far feels extremely premium.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Share some of those pics mate. The scapes bit is still a big draw for me.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Share some of those pics mate. The scapes bit is still a big draw for me.

Will do. Will ping them to you on PSN. What's the best way of getting them here? Via Twitter?
  • @Boris, you on the fence with this then? What's holding you back?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Main reason at the moment is Elden Ring and Aloy. Want to give it the time it deserves and at the moment I know I won’t. Also the microtransaction have left a bit of a sour taste. But if you can mini grind to get the same kit I’m not too worried.
  • Wise. I bought GT7 on a whim as I wanted to show it to someone over the weekend and now I feel myself drawn to it and not Elden Ring. Going to get back onto Elden Ring shortly though.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    It's been a while since I've had a structured GT to play with but this one is very focussed on the adoration and fascination with the cars and collecting them. My 11yr old nephew is now madly in love with his old Integra that he got and modded all over the shop and currently hates the Yank muscle lumping beasts that just want to spin round at the whiff of the throttle..  it seems to work for him.

I've been blooting through the content when I can get on the telly and have just over half a mill. Money comes in fast if you're not throwing turbos and whatnot on every car. I've also now got an invitation to buy a 2? or 3? mill Veyron that'll expire in a few weeks I think. I quite like the idea of that as it's again similar to how the bonkers high end car markets work now isn't it? You can't even get on a waiting list for the latest ultra rare exclusive Lambo/Ferrari/Porsche if you haven't 'proven' your brand loyalty by buying cars from them for years.. that kind of thing? 

The Hagerty shop for the big endgame ultra cars now also wants to represent how the car markets for these classics are now and have prices that supposedly rise and fall with some kind of dynamic demand? It only has a few of the cars available at any one time and they can go out of stock and vary in their prices. You can 'wishlist' them when you see them and I  suppose a notification would pop up when/if they appeared again? 
    That may be why they aren't currently in the PS Store with a set real world buy price? Or maybe they'll just turn up there at some point in the future? It's still only week 1 of the release. 

You get the feeling that Kaz wants the ultra classics to stay as idolised dream cars to be scrimped and saved for. To be lusted and fetishised so they have an exclusivity and real heft to them in your collection? 

I can see myself punting about in this for months or years so to have some stuff that'll keep the interest and desire going isn't a problem personally. If you're a reviewer wanting to see it all in 48 hours, a journo looking for a clickbait scoop, or some influencer type that demands access to everything for content click dollar than you go spend your money.. I'll be rattling around and failing to pass bastard license tests, swearing at assorted gitting missions, and grinding out my garage like the crusty old bastard that I now sadly am.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • isanbard wrote:
    I can see myself punting about in this for months or years so to have some stuff that'll keep the interest and desire going isn't a problem personally.

Yep. The reason I went with the digital version is it's very much going to have that game-as-a-service thing. New content added, daily races, leagues, championships, rotating cars......for years.

Just entered the daily race in an Aqua. Got left for dust, so paid a visit to the tuning shop and boosted BHP as much as I could whilst paying careful attention to the min weight restrictions, then re-entered (also stuck a racing wing and some decals on just for kicks). Being able to tune and tweak your car for competitive online right from the off is fantastic. The actual racing online was super smooth.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm lucky in that I don't like modern supercars, so mightn't be affected by micros.
  • This is a little vague, but gives us an idea of ongoing support...

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_3426773.html

Additional content and improvements are planned to be added to 'Gran Turismo 7' with future updates. The following is a list of what to expect:

・New courses
    ・New cars
    ・New World Circuits events
    ・More Mission races
    ・More Music Rally songs
    ・Adding engine parts to swap
    ・New Lobby features
    ・New Time Trials for 'Sport' mode
    ・Improvements to the penalty algorithm and overall quality of online races

We hope you will look forward to the ever-evolving 'Gran Turismo 7'!

Had a crack at some easy grid start Clubman events. I found the AI to be fairly competitive, if not particularly dynamic. Still, a big jump up from those early rolling start events.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    PRIVATE LOBBIES!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is the implication all those things will be free? Would be nice for it to be explicit...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    They were all free in Sport I think?

The only paid dlc was the Lewis Hamilton time trial thing? Was there another event/driver paid thing? I can’t remember now.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I remember loads of stuff being added to Sport for free. All of the initial campaign content was free wasn't it?
  • Everything were free except Lewis stuff.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    PRIVATE LOBBIES!

Not tested it yet, but I think you can set-up a friends only lobby right now in multiplayer mode.
  • If you want to access your gallery, search for decals, designs etc and upload new decals. This is the place...

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/user/signin/

Going to be taking a few shots later and uploading to share here.
  • Designs of the day...

ff3f6ceb0199389c407a8ea78d428bb7_thumb_l_x2.jpg

00774b5532da0f34db47de31043ba283_thumb_l_x2.jpg
  • https://youtu.be/O73VuI_cit0

Ps4, ps4pro and ps5 digital foundry Comparison, for gav.

There's a lot too.
    Didn’t realise ps5 version were patched already and under a second for loading on smaller races etc.
  • Aye, watched last night cheers. Its as expected on PS4 tbh.

But those PS5 loading times, wow.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Loving the pics @drumbeg - nice messaging too :-)
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Given this a good hammering and I've finished the main campaign. A refreshing approach which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Started doing the Circuit Experience, which is turning out to be quite a challenge. There's also a load of missions and the licenses to Gold, all of which have leaderboards, which is nice. 

I also hammered Grid Legends the week before this launched, which has some of the best races I've ever experienced. GT7s seem a bit sterile in comparison, but as a package it's top notch.
  • I thought the trial of Grid Legends was a bit meh. Felt like a re-release of 1&2 tbh.
  • digi wrote:
    https://youtu.be/O73VuI_cit0 Ps4, ps4pro and ps5 digital foundry Comparison, for gav. There's a lot too. Didn’t realise ps5 version were patched already and under a second for loading on smaller races etc.

Doesn't seem like there's £10 worth of difference between PS4 and PS5.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!