NieR Automata - New game from PlatinumGames
  • I played Replicant a bit and got sidetracked by other games. Deffo going back to it, maybe as the game after next.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina wrote:
    Did anyone apart from Crayon actually complete Replicant in the end? I never picked it up, even though I was interested. Was already pulled into FFXIV by then it seems.

QFPT

That's my profile code. Hit me up
  • Nina wrote:
    Did the first chapter, seems alright, guess in this case what will make it interesting is the story. Some of the vfx look quite nice. Don't really understand it yet, but I got to the menu and have a player id: 519078370580. When can I find Emet-Selch? Had it actually installed since you could pre register ages ago, I just never really start any mobile games.

Added you and Shabs. 

As far as "where Emet?" - think the crossover event starts today, maybe, though I'm not sure whether it will be listed as a sidequest or what. I suggest continuing until you get to "Mama's Home" at least - which shouldn't take long (chapter 3 or so, I think). Once you're there a whole bunch of menu things open up.
  • Sooooo I've never actually played one of these before. How does it actually work? Do I need to time the ability activations or does it not really matter? There's a lot of symbols there I don't understand

Also I'm guessing Auto upgrading things is fine for now right? And for selecting load out
  • Sooooo I've never actually played one of these before. How does it actually work? Do I need to time the ability activations or does it not really matter? There's a lot of symbols there I don't understand

Also I'm guessing Auto upgrading things is fine for now right? And for selecting load out

Stick it on auto in fights. When it’s on auto you’ll only need to worry about pressing 2 things - companion attacks (likely not unlocked yet) and the character skill (which is the big character portrait diamond at the bottom next to the 2 small ones). The small ones are the weapon skills and on auto they will be auto triggered.

Just play the game until you have 3000 gems, then do 10 rolls in the summon section (once you unlock it) to try and get some 3 or 4 star characters. They will massively increase your power. Level them and their weapons up and they’ll carry you pretty hard until later levels.
  • For upgrading, auto upgrading is fine but try not to waste too many resources on the grey / 2 star characters. Just level them up enough to complete the content you are up against. Then roll for some better weapons and characters once you unlock Summoning.
  • FFXIV Crossover Event now live. 

For anyone looking to do it, you need to finish Chapter 2 and unlock sidequests. And, that's basically it. power level requirements are quite low and the story isn't super long. It's a nice tale, though, and basically retells the story of Shadowbringers in the Re[in]carnation style.
  • Fiiiiiinally got back to Nier: Replicant yesterday and put a bunch of hours in, eventually making my way through to the end of route A (and with 90% weapon and side quest completion).

Game am good.
  • Man, I need to get back to this.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Man, I need to get back to this.

Yeah, i'd recommend it. It didn't hook me as hard as Automata did (for a bunch of fetchy questy, backtrack-y reasons) and I fell off for sth like 6 months despite enjoying it overall, but once i went back and pushed on it managed to properly get its teeth in.

Got 100% of the weapons now (necessary to see endings C - E, apparently) so I should hopefully be able to see another ending tonight as I *think* I can now just plow through content super fast.
  • Yeah, the setting and start etc really gripped me but then I took on a couple of fetch quests... but it wasn't that which made me shelve it.  Just... usual habits.  No time, other games, etc.

It's near the top of my priority list, for sure.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!