PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    BLUE IS THE COLOUR

A United fan cheering on City is the worst timeline.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Liverpool are just the fucking worst club, City are irrelevant
  • Absolutely. Come on Citeh, what a team!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Scenes.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Beautiful, beautiful stuff
  • I guess in the end MC just wanted it more.
  • i'm mostly upset that west ham didn't beat brighton, which lets man u sneak into europa and stops us getting top 10
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yea that was a gutter. I couldn't find a working stream for our game but it sounds like we stopped trying at half time
  • Saw this Tweet. It’s the sort of sour grapes I need right now.
    Without Liverpool, City would have won 5 titles in a row by:-

21/22 19 points
    20/21 12 points
    19/20 15 points
    18/19 26 points
    17/18 19 points

Make no mistake, Liverpool are all that is stopping the Premier League being the worst 'big' league. This is what the future looks like.

Aside from the sportswashing and financial cheating I will say this, that was some balls to come back from 0-2 down to win it 3-2. But as soldier says, they’re irrelevant so after a couple of days no one will care.
    GT: Knight640
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Now comes a summer close season which I think will eclipse any that has preceded it with regards to money spent.

You have to feel for the three coming up.
  • Micah Richards is just such a joyous human being as well, so him being happy is always lovely to see.

I'd hate to lose a title to them again, but if it's them or Liverpool it's them.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nice of the City fans to assault the Villa keeper.

Like FFS.
  • Liverpool are just the fucking worst club, City are irrelevant

I actually respect United for the way they built their success in the past. It's telling that both Liverpool fans (in the past) and United fans (now) cheer on City. I'd rather compete against a club I respect rather than an irrelevance.
  • in a way the fact so few hate on MC like they do with the other big teams is something of an insult to them anyway. They could lose every game next season and- despite their dominance in recent years- I wouldn't enjoy it anywhere near as if it happened to Liverpool or Man U. I guess I just find it hard to waste much emotion on them
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    They're just a nothing club.

Some find it weird how most United fans will cheer them on v Liverpool but for most of United's history, Liverpool have been the club we compete against. City are mainly irrelevant. Growing up it was Liverpool or United everywhere round here. Barely any City.

Before their investment they were gash. Shit team, shit fans, shit club. Everyone can see that it's a club with barely any history and nobody fucking cares about them, it's so transparent. Same as PSG.

Chelsea before Abramovich had relevancy. Newcastle before their takeover are a proper club (not so much in success but a lot of fans always had a weird sweet spot for em. I did anyway. Fuck em now, like). They at least had that prior to foreign wealth.

Give a fuck about City at any level. But when Liverpool fuck up, or lose, or bottle a trophy, or whatever, it's glorious. Just as I'm sure their fans felt the same when we dominated the 90s and 00s.
  • Where are you based DS? Surrey? ;)

I get what you are saying, but this cheering on the death of football due to traditional rivalries is anything but irrelevant. I did it myself when City clinched their first league at the expense of United, but things have changed since.

The rivalry between United and Liverpool in the 90s and 00s was different, because Liverpool were largely an average side (who had their moments) competing against a great side (and a great manager). What we have now is a great Liverpool side competing against a side who have unfairly gained a huge advantage....over everyone else.

By the way, check out Micah Richards BBC article today. Spends most of it talking about why City aren't respected like Liverpool and even goes as far as to attack Liverpool's spending in order to justify the position of Man City.

Unfortunately, without a Liverpool buzzing around, City would be 20 points clear every season and we would basically be Ligue 1. Liverpool are hiding the un-competitiveness of the PL and the media are lapping it up.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is football dying? Or is it already dead?

Or is this just a smidge of hyperbole after Liverpool didn't win the league?
  • So the dust has cleared after the emotions of yesterday.  I'm not happy about Burnley being relegated but neither am I surprised.  The club I support is in a very precarious financial position after the private equity buyout that loaded the price of the purchase back onto the club.

Overall, the last 6 years in the premier league have been fun.  We went on a European trip, although did our absolute best to make sure we didn't qualify for the group stages by sending out the reserve team.  Sean Dyche absolutely hated cup competitions and would pick a team to lose as quickly as possible.  We, contrary to popular belief, actually played good football on occasion.  The frequency of this changed in the later years and the football became really fucking dire.  I can see why fans of some teams are glad we are gone, some Burnley fans agree and think a reset in the championship will change the style.

I'm not that hopeful of a prompt return to the top flight.  Most of the first team squad is out of contract and will be leaving.  The talented few who are left will be sold to service the debt (a big thanks to Nick Pope and James Tarkowski, they were immense).

We will be left with no manager, no players, an eye watering interest payment to regularly service (oo-er), a downgraded youth system (not that it produces anything anyway, the NW is full of top academies and the talent goes elsewhere), and an owner that the fans have turned against.  I think our chances of being in league 1 are better than the premier league, I just hope our club will still exist when it happens.

I started supporting my team in the old 4th division.  I never thought we would make the top flight.  I've been to some weird and not so wonderful grounds across the country and the journey has been so much fun.  Sadly, the times for a small club from a small town to be consistently in the premier league are coming to an end.  The money is insane and being a millionaire is no longer enough.  Newcastle will swallow the dark side of their ownership if it brings success, they spent nigh on £100m in January, we spent -$12.5m.  That's not sustainable to compete at the top table.  I know that Mike Ashley was a terrible owner who didn't care about his club but I'm pretty sure he never murdered anyone or committed state sponsored mysogeny.  If this is the price of football then I'm glad we can't pay it (sorry if you are a Newcastle fan but I have strong feelings about this).

Onto next year and I'm looking forward to some local derbies against our historic rivals.  I just hope I still have a club to support in 5 years.
  • Wow, that turned into a bit of a rant.  Apologies.
  • Is football dying? Or is it already dead? Or is this just a smidge of hyperbole after Liverpool didn't win the league?

A bit of all 3 I reckon!
  • The FA need to ban leveraged takeovers.
  • Apart from the actual game itself near enough everything about football could be a lot better.
  • The FA need to ban leveraged takeovers.
    And keep foreign governments out (or agents and investment funds effectively acting on their behalf).
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They're fine
  • monkey wrote:
    Send them back.

does this include US-led business consortia? asking for a friend
  • Yes, but send them into the sun if they did a leveraged buyout.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!