Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • My wife just got an email with an exclusive offer to purchase a ps5 direct from Sony if anyone here still needs one?
  • I got one too. Requires login details though but happy to pass mines on if anyone wants it?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I did book a holiday over the weekend, so this probably isn’t the best timing for me. Thanks for tagging me in, though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So much for not upgrading my PS Plus to the Extra tier. It was only £37 for over a year and knowing they're adding Stray, as well as being able to play GoT made it a bit of a no-brainer.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    So much for not upgrading my PS Plus to the Extra tier. It was only £37 for over a year and knowing they're adding Stray, as well as being able to play GoT made it a bit of a no-brainer.

I can upgrade for the last 10 days of the month for an extra quid or something. I should do it really just to check it out. If I'd got the time free I could smash through returnal in 10 days.

• When is Stray out? It doesn't look appealing at all to me, but I could be convinced.

How would I upgrade my PSPlus Essential? I think I already have a few months left, so if I buy a year of Extra, do Sony work it out and refund the difference?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Whatever time you have left of your base plus they work out the difference between PS Plus full price and the tier you are moving up to. I had 406 days of plus left. The diff for a year is £34 so for those extra six weeks or so I paid a total of £37.81 for the 406 days.

As I bought plus at a discount I’ve saved a bit more money.
  • Nice one! Any tips for discounts? I know I can buy from CDKeys at 10% discount + TopCashback if that's available (just checked : 5.5%).
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Dunno mate, I bought this last year and got 25% off Plus. I doubt there'll be many discounts at the moment. You could check ShopTo, they sometimes have cheap top up or Plus cards.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Went through the entire PS1-4 plus list and I have 18 games I would like to either play for the first time or go back to since childhood.

As it is school holidays as of next Friday, I'm going to go one month on the full plus and cane them then go back to basic
  • Have gone with the middle tier and downloaded a few PS5 titles, all played before… Not interested in the top tier as is it not just cloud gaming?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    There's PS1 and 2 stuff you can download but we get screwed with the crappy PAL conversions, 50HZ and borders.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    There's PS1 and 2 stuff you can download but we get screwed with the crappy PAL conversions, 50HZ and borders.

Ahh, I didn’t look at it too much as there wasn’t anything I really wanted to play…would’ve been sold had they had the Dino Crisis series…
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m happy with the mid tier. More than enough.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

Ahh, I didn’t look at it too much as there wasn’t anything I really wanted to play…would’ve been sold had they had the Dino Crisis series…

Both of these is supposedly coming.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Good news for retro fans. Sony are releasing NTSC versions of the games for the PS Plus Premium tier. Still not my bag but much better for you folks into your old PlayStation games.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Game here finally have stock of PS5 but they won't sell the console alone. They are only selling an 800€ bundle, which is basically an extra controller and 2 games. One of the games is Ratchet and Clank, which they insist is an 80€ game, despite being available in Game itself  for 20€. I don't personally want one at the moment but it seems like a real dick move on their part.
  • Non optional bundles can go in the bin but the cheek of this one is impressive.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Ratcheek and Bank.
  • I had to get a bundle to get mine but the games were Horizon Dinobots and Granny Tourismo so was ok with that. In other news the new PS Plus thing is now live for me. Anyone else here onboard with that?
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I went with the Premium one, after briefly doing Extra, as it was only a couple of quid difference. I also thought it would be better to experience their best offer for a limited period, to see whether I can get away with a lower tier.

Immediately noticed on Extra how fewer games there are and how much harder it is to find those you can play. Probably a deliberate thing to get you to upgrade.

Nevertheless, I’m playing Uncharted: Lost Legacy for the first time now, and I’ve downloaded the remasters of Patapon and Wipeout for some nostalgia. Haven’t tried streaming anything yet.
  • I'm defiantly gonna be getting it, but not sure what tier.
    And I'm a bit skint ATM.
    I think I need premium for the stuff I really wanna replay but haven't checked all of them are there yet, there's a few absentees.

Shatter,
    The last guy,
    Tokyo jungle,
    All there but I couldn't find 'pain' and haven't looked for 'silent bomber' yet or any of the colony wars games.
    Need to have more of an explore I think.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve stuck with Extra at the moment. I’m not a massive retro fan and have more than enough games to be playing through. Bit disappointing that some games are already leaving the service in July and August. I’m guessing the rights are still the same as PS Now and they have just transferred it across to plus.
  • I’m gonna be a Basic Boi.
  • They’ve been pretty smart/fair on the pricing. It was just £20 for me to go Premium for around the 5 months remaining on my Essential plan.
  • I didn't realise PS5s were still being scalped. Disc ones seem to be going for around £600.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've got 770 days left, so it's £60 for extra or £100 for premium which is basically nope pricing.

For extra, I've kinda played (or at least bought...) most of the ones I'd be interested in. And cheaper to just buy those directly...

For the classic catalogue, how much is streamed Vs download? Wasn't totally clear to me. I guess I wouldn't mind the five hour demo thing, but it's just too much to warrant it given the amount of gaming I'm managing atm
  • I’m gonna be a Basic Boi.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • i really want to play Ape Escape again, that was a great little game back in the day.

Not ready to jump in just yet, but will certainly in the summer when I take a few weeks off work.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!