PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nnggg
  • what did he do? we'll never know, thanks to 'Ace'.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Nnggg I think. Nnggg+ next.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Nnggg I think. Nnggg+ next.

Genuine chuckles.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Turtles Arcade
    What an unfair turd of a game. Jesus.
    I'm sure kids went nuts for it and piled their pocket money in but even for this era of arcade game it's grossly unfair.
    Random shit just appears and instantly hurts you.

Not a lot good to say really, combat is quite dull.
  • Loved it as a kid but it was a slap in the face when it hit XBLA. The bosses cost a couple of quid each. Was great as a loud arcade cab in 1990, but it's not a good game to play these days. Same deal with The Simpsons.
  • I played through Captain Commando again last night.
    Much better in comparison, although the boss is still a quarter eater.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fond memories of 4 player arcade goodness. Add Moonwalker to the list too
  • Final Fight

Much better.
    It's fine margins in these things but FF is much more fun.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Before Your Eyes PSVR2

Not so much a game as an experience. An experience that tells your life through flashbacks when you blink you move forward in time. Surprisingly hard to keep your eyes open in some scenes when you are trying to discover more of the story.

At the start you have the option not to use eye tracking. I can’t see why you would want to switch this off as it is core to the experience and makes the whole thing more personal, which helps with the emotional heart of this game/thing. I’ll stick with game.

One moment in the game really personally hit for me, it’s a small moment but I could directly relate. Some people may think it’s a bit schmaltzy but I thought it set out what it meant to do very well.

A unique experience on the PSVR2 and I’m all for devs trying to find new ways to use VR.

Edit - and at just over an hour it can be done in one sitting.

[8]
  • How much is it?
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Half a chalice.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan

A bit meh tbh. Invert look didn't work which always annoys me, but the overall game was pretty standard fare for this type of thing, with no particularly great plot twists or anything, graphics etc only fine, and I guess a couple of ok jump scares but really not much at all.

Will probably try the next one (which is meant to be better I think?) but for this one in isolation like a [6]. Didn't outstay its welcome, but kinda ended a bit abruptly in fact. Curator dude was kinda fun though I guess.
  • The next one is definitely better.
    Although I did quite like Man of Medan.
  • Immortality.

Yeah, I can see why it could be a [10].  Barlow might as well give up now though, it's too tough an act to follow surely.  Settling in for some deeper dive Youtube vids at work.  What an experience.
  • Good stuff.  Great game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Completed Wo Lang Fallen Dynasty yesterday. I would probably say it's my favourite Soulsbornekiro game I've played and just sneaks ahead of Nioh 2 because I was actually able to complete it!

It has an excellent combat system with a parry mechanic that is utterly joyous, made me feel like an absolute legend in combat. Whilst having all the trappings of a Soulsborne this is much more reminiscent of Sekiro but far, far more accessible. In fact, apart from the first boss and a nasty bugger halfway through, I did every boss first time with a few second attempts for some. They were great fun.

It's a great game. Story however, no idea what's going on.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Ridge Racer (PS1) - This is a nice slice of ‘90s racing. You’ve got your Sega-style blue skies (at least when you’re not playing the day/night cycle stages) and a memorable eccentric soundtrack. I’m not the biggest racer but this is really fun and gratifyingly fair in letting normal people reach the credits. The flipside is the pre-credits experience only lasts an afternoon and then the post-credits content is absolutely vicious. The game is clearly designed to fit on some kind of small arcade ROM as well so the content is quite repetitive and basically variations on the one level. The save system also feels like a last-minute and somewhat shambolic inclusion. It turns out you need to master the loading screen minigame before you actually start a playthrough otherwise you can’t have the unlockable bonus on your save file (loading an existing save file takes away the unlock). Emulating this with a resolution boost made it look a bit like the Virtua Racing remaster, albeit with the original draw distance, which was nice. Decent but with better things clearly on the horizon. [7]
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Like Sega Rally.

Nooooo sega rally pisses all over it
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Never really got into Ridge Racer.  Rinsed Sega Rally on Saturn though.  I still have R4 and it has a bonus disc with R1 redux on it - I may well give it a spin.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Bob wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Like Sega Rally.

Sorry I meant that as a follow on to 'better things on the horizon'. RR was good, as was Daytona. Rally was a considerable step up imo.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Like Sega Rally.

Sorry I meant that as a follow on to 'better things on the horizon'. RR was good, as was Daytona. Rally was a considerable step up imo.

Yes!

Although I reckon a sega rally remaster would still cut it today
    The Forum Herald™
  • Doesn't even need a remaster, it's that good.

1:1 arcade port
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I wonder if the license for the cars has expired as Daytona gets all the love .
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm guessing the Colin McRae game or current equivalent might have the licenses?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch)

My first Switch game! I largely enjoyed it, but was kinda trying to rush a bit so couldn't really be arsed with unraveling some bits, some dungeons definitely weaker than others, and a cheesy final boss. But still, it's a top-down Zelda which I guess basically did what it sets out to do pretty faithfully, and looks very lush in hand-held mode.

I'm hovering between a harsh seven and a slightly generous / maybe nostalgia-infused eight. Having gone the other way recently with Humanity I'll give it the benefit of the doubt... [8] it is. No higher than that though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    An entirely fair review. It's good, but wonky in places.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!