Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • On the topic of snacks, I ate an ice cream before TZOI started then had popcorn throughout. Popcorn has become so connected to the movie experience for me that I find it hard to not have it when I go, especially if I haven't been for ages like recently.

I think I'm a conscientious eater though, I stop when it's quiet scenes and I'll never eat anything out of a crinkly packet. Those people can get in the bin. Have definitely told people to ease up on the crinkling before. I love how shocked some people are to be told off because they somehow don't think everyone can hear the noise they make. One dude then moved over 2 seats so he could finish the packet like that would help. Luckily it was just during Killers of the Flower Moon and so was no great loss.

The one time I wondered if I should stop my snacking was during that scene in Triangle of Sadness. Didn't stop me though.
  • Oh same. I stop munching during quiet scenes. 

Did have one guy move because wife and I were munching away. It was a pretty much empty IMAX screen (the one you went to when you were here for GotG3) so why not mate? Go sit wherever you want if you don’t like us munching in a pretty empty hall of one of the biggest screens in the country.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Was similar with the Killers chip guy. Was a pretty empty IMAX screening. Could have moved way further away.

Those BFI IMAX seats are brutal btw, my knees still have flashbacks to GTOG3
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Dune 2 IMAX tickets booked for next week, hype hype hype
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've spotted a film about a guy who killed Hitler assigned to hunt Bigfoot.....it stars yer man with the big moustache* who I like and I'm intrigued. Has anyone watched this?

*edit: Sam Elliot.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Dune 2 IMAX tickets booked for next week, hype hype hype

It sounds like IMAX screenings are booking up right to the point Godzilla vs Kong boots it out of the cinema?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Didn't realise Godzilla x Kong was due out end of this month. Pleased.
  • davyK wrote:
    I've spotted a film about a guy who killed Hitler assigned to hunt Bigfoot.....it stars yer man with the big moustache* who I like and I'm intrigued. Has anyone watched this? *edit: Sam Elliot.

This is on Prime, so I plan to watch it this week at some point.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I’m not up to date with the MonsterVerse as I’ve only got into monster films after watching Godzilla Minus Ones so I’m going to have to blast through those before the new one comes out.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I’m not up to date with the MonsterVerse as I’ve only got into monster films after watching Godzilla Minus Ones so I’m going to have to blast through those before the new one comes out.

They aren't anywhere near as good. But I like them as big daft spectacles.

order is:-
    Godzilla, 
    Kong:Skull Island. 
    Godzilla King of the Monsters
    Godzilla vs Kong.

They team up in this new one. :)

If you want to see another JP good 'un then watch Shin Godzilla. Doesn't matter watching it after G-1 as they are both self contained.
  • Just a post to say maybe Poor Things isn't a movie that she can have on while you play Vita and glance up every half hour or so at. Wtf.
  • Just caught up on some of the Oscars news from last night.
    That performance of "I'm Just Ken" has absolutely made my day.
    Gosling just absolutely embraces the Kenergy. Love him so much
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yep fair play it's pretty epic, no idea how you can do something like that
  • It's awesome.
    I just love that he has absolutely embraced the character and gone full in.

Back in the summer my 5 year old niece had a Barbie party. Unfortunately I couldn't make it as I had a work event but I had planned on buying a bright pink suit and dying my hair blonde
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar (Short, 2023) - This is a bit of a piss-take really - a Wes Anderson-directed reading of a Roald Dahl story by big-name actors with as lavish a production style as possible and clearly produced to just barely fit within the eligibility criteria for the Best Short Film Oscar in terms of length, to the point that half the time the actors are rushing their lines and they are slightly hard to follow. It just feels like cheating really and I don’t even think it’s as good as Invincible - it just feels like it won the Oscar because of the big names and big money, which is sad. Still, it’s entertaining. ★★★★☆
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    So miles better than the first part, hopefully.

Given it’s the same ingredients it seems unlikely
    That the results
    Are that different
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just a post to say maybe Poor Things isn't a movie that she can have on while you play Vita and glance up every half hour or so at. Wtf.
    As If anyone here is playing vita in 2024
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Saw a list of Best Picture winners ranked by box office and have immediately become fascinated with the film that ranked dead last, Cimarron (1931), a Western that has had such a severe critical reappraisal that is it now rated Rotten on Rotten Tomatoes. I will do a masochism and report back.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Saw a list of Best Picture winners ranked by box office and have immediately become fascinated with the film that ranked dead last, Cimarron (1931), a Western that has had such a severe critical reappraisal that is it now rated Rotten on Rotten Tomatoes. I will do a masochism and report back.

The sound is so rough I can’t understand it without subtitles, so that’s a good start.
  • Don't you dare touch that piece of art!
  • I'm hiding it all in 1 tonne rubble bags in the loft.
  • Wondering how much earlier I could've extended my lease (and how much cheaper it would have been) if I hadn't bought 20 dvds every month for years...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How do you keep it so tidy and organized?
  • It’s mesmerising
  • How many layers deep does it go?
  • I like how it gets more chaotic the further up it goes.
  • Can you take one from the bottom layer?
  • nick_md wrote:
    How many layers deep does it go?

Three.
  • Can you take one from the bottom layer?

With skills, absolutely.

That is what caused the pickle though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!