Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • I don't want to do either of those things
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol imagine Wookie working in a primary school. 30 screaming kids, annoying colleagues, even worse parents. I'd watch that doco.
  • I genuinely did.
    For 5 years.

I taught PE.

I would come home and drink whiskey just to calm down
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oof
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Wookie, I too found it helped tame the erections.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    It takes a very specific type to work in a school.

Psychotic.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Poor Dom

A saint with spouse testimonial privilege.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Sun (I know, but their showbiz stuff is often reliable) is reporting that
    Spoiler:
    has been "formally offered" the role as new James Bond.

Not a massive stretch of the imagination.
  • Yeah I think he'd be a good choice.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Have I even heard of him?
  • Yeah he was in Home Improvement.
  • He's the kid from Kick Ass but now he's hench
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ah was he the one who was groomed by the 50yo lass but cos its an older woman it wasn't creepy I member
  • LivDiv wrote:
    He's the kid from Kick Ass but now he's hench
    I like ATJ - he's a bit dull in interviews though, so in that respect is a good swap-in for Craig (possibly he's just bored doing the film fluff PR circuit).
    He's had good supporting roles in a bunch of big films and I always like seeing him pop up in Avengers, Tenet, etc - he was good fun in Bullet Train and looks like he'll do another fun turn in Fall Guy, but the big stinker for him is gonna be how well Kraven The Hunter goes down.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I think the Spider-verse Sony movies are now expected to be shite, no actor’s career is going to be mortally wounded by taking a paycheque for one.
    Things can only get better.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don’t understand why people are so cynical about the follow-up to Madame Web!!

I’m sure it will be great!!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Why are the Spiderverse films expected to be shit now?
  • Means the live action non-spiderman spiderman movies rather than the animated movies.
  • Ah right, I don't really care about those so wotevs. Tom Holland is a good SM though.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Sorry should have used SPUMC.
    Things can only get better.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    DS hooked me up with the final animated short, thanks DS!

Our Uniform (2023) - A girl who grew up in Iran’s capital city, Tehran, recounts her experiences growing up wearing the berqa at school. The animation uses fabrics as well as conventional animation methods. People are often made of presumably CGI stitching, characters walk or drive along paths made of tape measures, the girls’ development into adulthood is depicted by a finger pushing at the fabric and making it rise up into a chest-height bump. It’s pretty clever. Then it ends just as it’s getting going! I thought what was there was good but it doesn’t go into depth enough to be truly evocative and is very much a case of less-is-less. But while it lasts, it’s decent. ★★★★☆
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Here’s my final ranking of the Oscar nominated short films:

1 - Ninety-Five Senses (2022) - Review - 18/03/24 - ★★★★☆
    2 - Our Uniform (2023) - Review - 19/03/24 - ★★★★☆
    3 - War Is Over! Inspired by the Music of John and Yoko (2022) - Review - 18/03/23 - ★★★☆☆
    4 - Pachyderme (2022) - Review - 18/03/23 - ★★★☆☆
    5 - Letter to a Pig (2022) - Review - 18/03/23 - ★★★☆☆

War Is Over! Inspired by the Music of John and Yoko was the actual winner. I wasn’t overly impressed with any of these, seems like maybe it was a fallow year for this category. Again, my preferred one (I’m reluctant to use the word ‘favourite’) is the freely available one and you can watch it here: https://www.docplus.com/ninetyfivesenses/
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Yeah I think he'd be a good choice.

He’s the white right choice clearly.
  • Wookie, I too found it helped tame the erections.

As a returning post goes, that's hard to beat.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    To Kill a Tiger (2022) - Another heartbreaking documentary, this one about a family from an Indian village who are fighting for justice after their 13-year-old daughter suffers a brutal gangrape at the hands of three local men. The villagers are completely unsupportive despite never really disputing that the gangrape occurred and just want the problem to go away, frustrated that the girl refuses to marry one of the perpetrators. Misogyny permeates the entire film. The village leaders are absolute pricks who refuse to help, particularly the village ward who engages in numerous rants in favour of the perpetrators throughout the film. In one of the case’s many low ebbs, the police investigator in charge of the case turns out to be a complete fuckwit, with the judge saying “You wear two stars but you can barely manage to put together one word!” Towards the end of the film, tensions rise and both the family and the film crew are subject to death threats by the villagers. I won’t spoil the ending.

This is an infuriating and important film. If 20 Days in Mariupol hadn’t come along, I think this would have had a great shot at the Oscar. What it lacks in scale compared to 20 Days it makes up for in visuals though - not being made in the middle of a war zone, there are many nicely composed shots and it manages to be pretty aesthetically pleasing for a film mostly centred on a modest house in a village and a courtroom.

Not a jolly watch but it’s a great piece of documentary work. ★★★★★

I ate an Indian while watching this and felt a bit racist because of it.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I ate an Indian while watching this and felt a bit racist because of it.

YOU CANNIBAL!

I couldn't watch something like that.  Just... too much.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Dustin (2023) - Colman Domingo plays gay civil rights activist Bayard Rustin as he organises the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom that culminated in Martin Luther King Jr.’s ‘I have a dream’ speech in 1963. While Domingo’s performance is a bit ‘guy doing a voice’, it’s a good performance and you can see why he was nominated for Best Actor. The supporting performances are also decent and it’s a shame they didn’t pick up more awards nominations - the supporting ensemble is quite big though so perhaps singular characters didn’t get enough focus to pick up the noms.

I enjoyed this - it is a bit treacly at times but I found it entertaining and informative. It seems like some critics were a bit snobby about this one but I thought it was more deserving of a Best Film nomination than bloody Maestro! ★★★★☆
  • Might have already been posted, but stupidly excited for this:

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Please contain your excitement but the 4K Steelbook of Madame Web is available for pre-order now for a mere £34.99!! Bargain.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!