All your Homebase are belong to... you! / The House 'n' Home Thread.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fucking terrible.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Last question. What is this thing? It came with the under sink pipes and tubes. I reckon it is something to block water coming back into the dishwasher and goes on the connection. But I'm not sure.
    5VI9IHe.jpeg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not got a clue, sorry
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fittings often come with all sorts of gubbins like that. Have often frowned at the detritous the plumber leaves in the plastic bag after fitting something. But it all works OK so who knows?  Probably to cover several scenarios.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finally done. Small leak due to wonky pipe i can solve with some silicone sealant and then the dishwasher outlet has a tiny drip I cannot for the life of me solve. Fuck it
  • Moving back here, away from the mental health thread.

We just had the local estate agent around. Her 3rd visit in nearly 3 years. By this point, she didn't even need to look around.

She's recommended to go on sale at £300k. I just need to get the sisters to agree to that. Cue another evening of arguments and recriminations.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Feels like progress Kris. Keep pushing at it slowly.
  • New Estate Agents were out today, taking photographs and doing a floor plan.  They turfed out unnecessary things from each room, making them all look bigger and less cluttered.  They even flew drones around the place to get nice aerial views.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how they turn out.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • New Estate Agents were out today, taking photographs and doing a floor plan.  They turfed out unnecessary things from each room, making them all look bigger and less cluttered.  They even flew drones around the place to get nice aerial views.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Oh god they flew drones?
    Well that's another report that'll inevitably land on my desk!
    Where in the country is this? I'll come to you when I get the complaint;)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have to admit to having a fancy for being a drone pilot in my retirement. Doing photography etc.

Starting to think about it - probably 3 years to go or so.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • In four hours, George and I cut back a load of bushes, fixed the front fence they were pushing over and painted it fresh.

We did more in four hours to make the house look good than the in-laws did in 6-months.  We also discovered that they lost their front door key years ago, so have been taking viewers (all 5 of them) past the moss-filled front garden, across the path you couldn't see for the weeds, in through the porch that stinks of wet dog to get in the house.

They really did think the house was going to sell itself.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!