The 3DS Thread
  • just wait a bit james till after e3 incase they announce a revision
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Terrible handheld. Still only got two games for it. Need Bravely Default and Luigi's Mansion stat.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Terrible handheld. Still only got two games for it. Need Bravely Default and Luigi's Mansion stat.

More like TERRIBLE YOU you awful, crazy man.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I is waiting till after next week, also.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    More like TERRIBLE YOU you awful, crazy man.

AWFUL?!  You meant awesome, right?
    Get schwifty.
  • Finally picked up my 3DS from my friend who is very happy with the Vita he bought. My friend code is 1246 9777 7172 and name is Skondo. I have added all people in the OP. I have the following games:

Ocarina of Time
    Rhythm Thief
    Kid Icarus
    Super Mario Land
    Mario Kart
    Dead or Alive
    Starfox
  • Cracking selection
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Finally picked up my 3DS from my friend who is very happy with the Vita he bought. My friend code is 1246 9777 7172 and name is Skondo. I have added all people in the OP. I have the following games: Ocarina of Time Rhythm Thief Kid Icarus Super Mario Land Mario Kart Dead or Alive Starfox

I has all them but Rhythm Thief. And I mean to rectify this.
  • I really want a 3DS. Hoping for a revised model at E3.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'll be snapping up Rhythm Thief as soon as the price drops a bit - the demo was very enjoyable. Sonic Generations 3DS is good for the £14 Amazon are charging for it - especially when compared with the £10 price tag for the mediocre Sonic 4 Episode II.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Finally picked up my 3DS from my friend who is very happy with the Vita he bought. My friend code is 1246 9777 7172 and name is Skondo. I have added all people in the OP. I have the following games: Ocarina of Time Rhythm Thief Kid Icarus Super Mario Land Mario Kart Dead or Alive Starfox

Added :-)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    You want new games, eh? How's about this for starters.

Teaser site for Shin Megami Tensei 4. This is the series of games from which we get the hugely popular spin-off series Persona, so Nintendo must be happy about this one.

New Castlevania game also coming out for 3DS.

castlevania_lords_of_shadow_mirror_of_fate-6.jpg
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    CASTLEVANIA. THREE DEE ESS.

YES.

Best console ever
  • i forgot my 3ds this morning and i feel lost without it.
  • mk64 wrote:
    just wait a bit james till after e3 incase they announce a revision
    They're region locked anyway, right? I probably won't buy one at all unless I face a commute when/if I return to the UK next year. 

I just want one because GAMES.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'm not bothered about the revision. It's not even been announced yet, and what are they going to add? A second analogue stick. I have a Circle Pad Pro. Problem solved, although in a bit of a clunky way. It might not even happen, Nintendo aren't making much money at the moment, so why make a new 3DS when the current one is selling so well? Not saying it won't happen at some point, but waiting to buy a 3DS just-in-case some mythical revision comes out seems silly to me.

Games are what matters, and the 3DS is swimming in good titles.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Talking of games, this might be the cutest football game ever.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I'm not bothered about the revision. It's not even been announced yet, and what are they going to add? A second analogue stick. I have a Circle Pad Pro. Problem solved, although in a bit of a clunky way. It might not even happen, Nintendo aren't making much money at the moment, so why make a new 3DS when the current one is selling so well? Not saying it won't happen at some point, but waiting to buy a 3DS just-in-case some mythical revision comes out seems silly to me. Games are what matters, and the 3DS is swimming in good titles.

It's not so much the potential new features of the second version, it's the poor build quality of the original. Having big ugly lines down your screen kinda undermines the 3D prettiness.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll buy a revision . Anyway, Dream Trigger and Steel Diver arrived today.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    It's not so much the potential new features of the second version, it's the poor build quality of the original. Having big ugly lines down your screen kinda undermines the 3D prettiness.

Possibly. I still err on the side that Nintendo have said that the 3DS will return to profitability soon, so spending a load of cash on a new system seems like a bad move at the moment, especially with Wii U coming out soon; that must be a significant drain on resources. The DS Lite came out pretty quick after the DS Phat, but Nintendo were rolling in the Wii money at the time. I still reckon if you're thinking about buying a 3DS, you should probably just buy one (bearing in mind region considerations) rather than waiting for a revision to possibly-maybe be announced at some point in the near-to-far future.

I would like a version of the system where I don't have to clean lines of dirt off the top screen, left by the frame around the bottom screen, though. I'll probably grab the third revision. Then again, I said that with my DS Phat, and I still ended up buying a Lite and DSi. I think the DSi XL and Gameboy Pocket Light are the only two Nintendo handhelds I haven't owned.

In other news, I've started Resident Evil Revelations again. Scarily pretty game, and tons of fun, too. Shame it has to have the occasional Everest-mimicing difficulty spike. Still, new game+ means I've got some meatier hardware this time around. The Circle Pad Pro may be a clunky solution, but the add on feels solid enough.

@regmcfly, let us know how Dream Trigger holds up.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I still reckon if you're thinking about buying a 3DS, you should probably just buy one (bearing in mind region considerations) rather than waiting for a revision to possibly-maybe be announced at some point in the near-to-far future.

TBH, I think what we're saying - to wait and see if there's an announcement at the biggest videogame event of the year, which is now mere days away, and get one if nothing happens - is more sensible to be honest, especially since the console has a propensity of damaging itself, which would make it harder to trade in.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    I'm not bothered about the revision. It's not even been announced yet, and what are they going to add? A second analogue stick. I have a Circle Pad Pro. Problem solved, although in a bit of a clunky way. It might not even happen, Nintendo aren't making much money at the moment, so why make a new 3DS when the current one is selling so well? Not saying it won't happen at some point, but waiting to buy a 3DS just-in-case some mythical revision comes out seems silly to me. Games are what matters, and the 3DS is swimming in good titles.

If I bought one and then in a week they're announcing a hardware revision I'd feel pretty gutted. Plus even if a new version isn't that much different, the OG model will probably see a bit of a price drop/better bundles.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I reckon all you'll get this year is new colours.  It does desperately need a new iteration with a second analogue stick, though.  There's no way I'm buying that monstrously disgusting CPP.
    Get schwifty.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    I reckon all you'll get this year is new colours.  It does desperately need a new iteration with a second analogue stick, though.  There's no way I'm buying that monstrously disgusting CPP.

New colours wouldn't go amiss. The CPP is much better than it has any right to be, IMHO. Playing Resi Revs on it is brilliant.

Regarding E3, I hadn't realised it was that soon. Yeah, probably best to just wait a couple of days, just in case.
  • I think they're really missing a trick with not producing branded 3ds more. As opposed to making them just limited edition, whack out a million Mario ones or pikmin or smash bros. Or even get some designer to make some with adults in mind.
  • I do like my Zelda 25th Anniversary 3DS.

@RedEye. What are these ugly lines you speak of?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    What are these ugly lines you speak of?

The raised bezel of the touchscreen can mark the top screen (which is wider, obvs). You can use screen protectors but I find them a bit of a pain. I recommend using a thin pouch when StreetPassing so debris can't get into your 3DS and cause scratching. You can get a Mario-branded one from Zavvi for £3.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'll buy a revision . Anyway, Dream Trigger and Steel Diver arrived today.

Won't you lose your Ambassador games though?
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'll buy a revision...and keep my launch unit.  I have a DS lite, DSi and a DSi XL.  Would have still had a phat too if I hadn't given it to my brother...

YES I HAVE A PROBLEM OK!
    Get schwifty.
  • i thought the ambassador games are linked to your account and transfer but i could be wrong.

You lose save games though right?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!