Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • ARGH

West Brom have just equalised against Bolton. It's all gone tits up today after such a promising start.
  • Fucking West Brom have just prevented Villa from possibly being relegated on the last day of the season as well, twats.
  • A 10-0 win for ManU today would make for an entertaining final day of the seaon.
  • Arsenal have been let off the hook after their result yesterday, Ras Dam should be happy, 3rd place back in their own hands.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Just checked my Fantasy team and I've had Kompany on the bench since he was injured in, what, January?

Awesome.
  • Excuses. It looks like I'm gonna finish second, I've done a Utd and thrown it away.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm bottom in head to head. Still have Muamba in my side.
  • Congrats to City - best team in the league this season.

Currently watching the West Ham - Cardiff playoff 2nd leg. Kenny Miller always looks like he is wearing someone else's face.
  • We used to take the piss out of him for wearing fake tan until it transpired he had some skin condition.

Then we took the piss out of him for having some skin condition.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Plan_M wrote:
    Congrats to City - best team in the league this season. Currently watching the West Ham - Cardiff playoff 2nd leg. Kenny Miller always looks like he is wearing someone else's face.

Were it the same squad but 5 years in the past, Utd would have had it. Need to offload the old boys stat this season.

Scholes can stay.
  • Looks like the Madrid Open is being played on blue clay.

Those zany Spaniards!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Plan_M wrote:
    Congrats to City - best team in the league this season. Currently watching the West Ham - Cardiff playoff 2nd leg. Kenny Miller always looks like he is wearing someone else's face.
    Were it the same squad but 5 years in the past, Utd would have had it. Need to offload the old boys stat this season. Scholes can stay.

Aguero would have been like 18 or something.
    Actually, I still think City would have won. They should have won by more, really. Mancini is worth about -5 points and Fergie +5. Swap the managers and that City squad under Fergie would have romped it. I think SAF has worked a miracle keeping it this close.... although he did piss it away a bit at the end.

NUFC's CL hopes appear slim - but god, looks like a season where we finish about Liverpool, Sunderland, probably Chelsea too. I doubt we'll get as close again next year, but if we're still the 7th or 8th best team in the league next year, with a couple of decent cup runs, I won't be unhappy.
    Especially if I can take in a European away game next year.
  • Blackburn down. Won't be missed.
  • Bolton will be missed though? right? RIGHT.

Good.
  • I thought Newcastle would really struggle this season.

They have been utterly superb though.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Bolton will be missed though? right? RIGHT.

Good.

The football is much better to watch than it was under Big Sam.

• So glad Wigan have survived. Brilliant run, played the right way, great support from the chairman to the manager and the manager always believed in his players.
  • Also, yes, I really hope Bolton survive. Not just because QPR are a bunch of shits.
  • Do Wigan even have any fans? Can't believe they've stayed up again.
  • As well as Pardew, Fergie and Lambert have done, Martinez deserves massive credit.
  • Sorry Blackburn fans but I'm happy the rovers have dropped. Kean is withoutout a doubt a good championship manager but is out of his depth in the prem.

Blackburn have played boring, uninspired football all season and for most of last season too, not enough hunger to stay up.

Really hope Ian Holloway is in the prem again next season whether its with blackpool or whether he takes over at west brom or villa (lets face it mcleish will be gone by xmas) i dont care.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Plan_M wrote:

Were it the same squad but 5 years in the past, Utd would have had it. Need to offload the old boys stat this season.

Scholes can stay.

Hard to disagree with that. As for Scholes, the guy is a genius. We'll never see a midfielder of that calibre at United again anytime soon. He's up there with the Xavi's of this world, that's for sure. We desperately need to invest in a new midfielder or 2 this summer and it will probably be some relatively unkown player seeing as we're skint.

Regarding Martinez, what a manager. The media haven't really gave him credit for the blueprint he left at Swansea years ago - he started the whole passing and possession game there although huge respect to Rodgers who tweaked it and made Swansea what they are today.
  • A fit Vidic would have made a hell of a difference too.
  • Very true. The manager got a few things wrong this season as well. He chopped and changed the starting 11 too much and he underestimated teams like Newcastle and Bilbao who both played us off the park.
  • True, but I still think what he did with that squad is near-miraculous. Who's fault it is that the squad isn't strong enough is another matter.

I think Smalling and Jones are a couple of years off being the quality he thought they would be, if indeed they ever get there. And that Brazilian full back is clearly out of his depth.
  • Losing at home to Blackburn and not closing out the Everton game are the really annoying ones.
  • That Man Utd kept the league so close with that squad shows just how incredible a manager Ferguson is.  It will be interesting to see where Man U go from here though.  They are one of a few clubs that look in need of a clear out.
  • Plan_M wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Plan_M wrote:

Scholes can stay.

Hard to disagree with that. As for Scholes, the guy is a genius. We'll never see a midfielder of that calibre at United again anytime soon. He's up there with the Xavi's of this world, that's for sure. We desperately need to invest in a new midfielder or 2 this summer and it will probably be some relatively unkown player seeing as we're skint.

Regarding Martinez, what a manager. The media haven't really gave him credit for the blueprint he left at Swansea years ago - he started the whole passing and possession game there although huge respect to Rodgers who tweaked it and made Swansea what they are today.

England should have built the team around Scholes, not shoved him out wide left! What a waste of one of the truly world class players this country (England, obviously.) has produced.
  • Yep we do need a clear out. Anderson, Berbatov, Owen, Bebe and Macheda all need shipping out. I think Rafael will come good, he's got the raw talent - him and his brother are so damn injury prone though. Fletcher will make a good squad player IF he ever gets over is illness. The jury is still out on Jones although he's young and learning. Smalling is one of the best buys we've had in recent years, he's going to be an immense player.

I think City will dominate the league for a few seasons now, just as Chelsea did when Mourinho first took charge at Stamford Bridge. We need to rebuild - but unfortunately we haven't got a Cristiano Ronaldo coming through the ranks this time round.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    If you're reading Face, we should indulge in some ongoing AFL chatter.  The alternative is Bigfooty and fuck me if that place isn't full of halfwits and hateful bigots and illiterate monke-oh.  Hi everyone.But srsly, Richmond eh, eh.  I watched that to the end and felt awful when the Tigers failed to manufacture a win.  Hawthorn are soft up top and Tom Hawkins is the next coming of Christ, discuss.
    We may need our own thread to keep up. I may also need to watch more than a quarter per fortnight.
    I only just watched last year's granny 2 weeks ago. Cracking game. Cats looked gone at times, and then pumped 'em, wow.
    It was rather exciting.. Collingwood's run was poorly times, whereas 'coming good' at precisely the right time.

Some fantastic games this year, well worth setting aside a Saturday night for some of them.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!