Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • Who said anything about wearing a tie?
  • False confidence is definitely better than no confidence where I work.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Nerves are good as they keep you focussed - however in extreme cases I have seen it affect performance when being assessed. It's tough - experience is the best way to defeat nerves or maybe try and find some knowledge re techniques to control it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Eat a banana. Natural beta-blocker + energy = win.
  • Igor, I'm sure you're not actually like this IRL, but you're coming over a tad self-righteous and sanctimonious.

Nothing wrong with a nerve-settler before an interview. I've done it many times myself as I get terrible nerves in interview situations. It's always worked out well. We're talking about a double whisky, not half a bottle.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I feel like I need a bit of a detox.
  • Jaco wrote:
    Igor, I'm sure you're not actually like this IRL, but you're coming over a tad self-righteous and sanctimonious.
    Probably, but as I said, I simply find it an entirely alien concept to drink alcohol in order to prepare myself for a situation in which I need to come across as professional, focused and generally on-the-ball, especially first thing in the morning. There are far better ways to deal with nerves.
  • Happy Face Biscuit =76cals

What the actual fuck!?! Could have had a Milky Way for 20 more cals.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I, and this is genuine, had a can of Fosters before my driving test in '87.

I had only had one lesson and needed a pick-me-up!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Igor has just exploded in a cloud of indignation I think.
  • Not really, as it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
  • Please keep this on topic guys.thanks.

Pub?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • And there's that tone again... *sigh*

EDIT: Outta the way, revel...
  • Sorry, I forgot drinking and driving was all cool now.
  • No one said it was. But a single pint is under the limit. Especially in the late 80s. There's no need to be such a precious tool. I can only assume you've never done anything even remotely daft/stupid/silly. In which case you're a robot or incredibly boring.
  • Actually, he's an incredibly boring robot.
  • Sent back from the future with a look of mild disdain.
  • Woah, what's with the igor hate? He's mostly right. I interview sometimes and if I knew the candidate drank alcohol first thing in the morning in order to prepare I'd strike 'em right off my list.

ON TOPIC I couldn't go running the other day so I did a workout dvd thing instead and ohhh boy do I regret that decision.

I put half a stone on over last Christmas so I'm figuring if I lose half a stone beforehand this time I'll probably even out...?
  • Xmas is worrying me too.
    Think I will switch the app to "maintain weight" setting for a week.
  • I think my aim will be "don't be too much fatter" after Christmas, but that's probably a long shot.

I bought my advent calendar the other day, it helpfully informs me on the front that each chocolate is worth 17 calories.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Happy Face Biscuit =76cals What the actual fuck!?!
    This made me lol. Their smug little faces, making you all fat.
  • Ooh,workout DVDs. Anyone tried Insanity?? Lives up to it's name.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Did it last year. Did the first month and while I didn't lose a lot of weight I got really fit and lost inches. But month two, after a week of slow and steady Pilates style working out, was too much. Some of the moves in month two were ridiculous. 

In more recent news me and the gf are back on eating healthy and I'm walking everyday. So far this week lost 4lbs. 

Planning on dropping 3lb a week up to Christmas.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Free fitness game with the Xbox one apparently, has insanity, p90x and lots of other fitness regimes on it.

Burnt 1200 cals doing exercise today. Might have a hotdog to celebrate.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I did my first proper gym session on Tuesday, a walk-through of all the equipment then 4 reps on 5 different exercises (all upper body) which left me aching but not worrying too much.

Did another session yesterday and it fucking destroyed me, my trainer is starting to push me (it looked like my face had fell asleep under a sunlamp I went that red) so that today my thighs are killing, my top half aches but my shoulders and back feel tight when I need them. Also triceps, holy fuck they don't half hit a wall don't they!
  • Outlaw wrote:
    Woah, what's with the igor hate? He's mostly right. I interview sometimes and if I knew the candidate drank alcohol first thing in the morning in order to prepare I'd strike 'em right off my list.

No hate, just disappointment. I have/do interview too, and I understand what a terrifying process it can be, especially in the current climate. Some people are tremendously good at their jobs but struggle in an interview. I know, I'm one of them. A bit of whatever helps you calm down is fine with me. We're talking about a nerve-steadier (which some people really, really need), not staggering into an office after a few pints at 8am.

Naturally, however, if someone rocks up stinking of White Lightning and calling me 'mate', they're not going to last long..

EDIT: Moto - 4 reps, or 4 sets???
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Oops! The latter!!! Just 40 reps for now, some I can do but some are killers. Like I said my triceps are a struggle but my abs are good which is a nice reason to shift the belly!

I've got the 'ache' which is a good thing apparently! I have realised that the more uncomfortable I am the happier my trainer is! I really can't wait to look back in 6, 8 , 12 months...
  • Want to be really uncomfortable? Ask him about pyramid sets and muscle grouping.

Remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body. Apparently.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!