Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • Depends on how fast you like to run, presumably. I like swimming to Bach.
  • A light jog at best, Igor. I'm in the scary heart history club too mate. 6 uncles and all of them have had heart attacks- one died from one at 45 (my dad had one a few years back) so that's 7/7. Eep.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • What genre of music are you listening to at the moment Spock?
    House will be 130 which will he a decent running speed. For a light jog maybe try Hip Hop or funk that will be around 100-110 bpm.

When I had my punchbag I used to punch to Hip Hop. Also helps with the confidence and attitude to fight on.
  • I like a bit of everything really, though I'm a bit light on funk. Good call on the hip hop; am now creating a playlist, will post later for your perusal and approval.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Me too. Cant run anymore, my knee is fucked. Going to regularly go swimming instead, which is far better exercise anyway, but being able to get up stick on some gear and music and get away from everything for 30/45 mins was so nice.

I like swimming but I can't be doing with all the prep and palaver afterwards. Elliptical for me and my dodgy hips, knees and ankles!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Spock wrote:
    It also stops me from regulating my pacing and breathing. Any good playlist recommends?

If you've the money, a Garmin watch. I bought my FR50 when they were £40, and then later bought their HR monitor for £30. I have my speed displayed, and it beeps when I go above or below my maximum or minimum zones.

Since I bought the HRM, I've set my zones to heart rate rather than speed. Usually 130-170, averaging in the 160s.
  • @liveinadive. Whaddaya reckon? 

Beastie boys:
    Gratitude
    Ch check it out 
    Make some noise

Outcast
    Return of the g
    Da art of storytelling pt 1 and 2
    Prototype

RATM
    Microphone fiend
    How I could just kill a man
    I'm housin'
    Freedom (live)

Root manuva:
     one hope

Thundercat:
    Oh sheeiit it's x
    Special stage

MOP
    Cold as ice

Kanye
    He'll of a life 
    Black skinhead

Konono no 1
    Ungudi wele wele

Health 
    We are water

Jay z
    99 problems
  • MuseChick wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Me too. Cant run anymore, my knee is fucked. Going to regularly go swimming instead, which is far better exercise anyway, but being able to get up stick on some gear and music and get away from everything for 30/45 mins was so nice.

I like swimming but I can't be doing with all the prep and palaver afterwards. Elliptical for me and my dodgy hips, knees and ankles!

Yeah know what you mean, it is a palaver going swimming sometimes. Might get a rowing machine in the new year if I've got space.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    One for the swimmers, if you have bad knees avoid breast stroke like the plague. It is very hard on your knees because of the rotation.
  • Matty, if your knees are shot (I feel that pain) try rowing. Get yourself a Concept2, whack it on 10 and do intervals. A killer but very joint friendly. Or more so than running anyhoo.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I love running. I very much dislike running in this shitty weather though.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm too scared to put a 12" domino's pizza into the my fitness pal app. I will just pretend I didn't eat it.
  • Just checked it. Hope you didn't eat anything else today! Or yesterday...
  • Jaco wrote:
    Matty, if your knees are shot (I feel that pain) try rowing. Get yourself a Concept2, whack it on 10 and do intervals. A killer but very joint friendly. Or more so than running anyhoo.

Think I will eventually. I trained and ran a 10k last year with no problems but spending a couple of months lifting and carrying heavy boxes seems to have shafted my right knee.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It was someone's birthday at work. He brought in Krispy Kreme doughnuts, the fucker. That stuff is like crack cocaine! So I had 4. But split over 2 days. Still... some of them are 400 calories each!!!

:(

Gym didn't happen yesterday due to working until 8pm. So I fasted today.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's just silly how easily muscles slip back into their weak and painful state if you don't train them enough. I'm aiming for at least twice a week a session in the gym, and 2 or 3 sessions at home (physio gave me two workouts, one that focuses on machines in the gym, one that's more light for at home). Last gym session was last Tuesday, last session at home this morning, but I can't remember if I have done more of them between last Tuesday and now. Just couldn't find the time, and was very tired due to long days. Result is that my back and leg are starting to hurt again since the weekend.

Tomorrow will be another session with my physio, looking forward to going to the gym again. Need to keep up with it, just wondering if it's really bad for your muscles if you mix the time you're doing the workouts. Does it matter if you sometimes go evenings, mornings at other times?

I'm still not counting calories, did measure myself (1,77m according to the line on the wallpaper) and made an account on that app, but then it won't allow me to enter my own zipcode, so I tried the one where Lionhead studios is, but it just crashed. Stupid apps relying on all that nonsense information. Why does it need to know where I am?
  • I don't think I bothered with the zipcode. No idea why it would need one.

This weekend I broke all the rules, had about 2000 calories saved from the week so went a bit nuts. Still landed within my weekly allowance though so that should be 1.5lbs down. Need to get some scales really.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just read the thread and my mind changed the last L to an N. My tea came out of my nose.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hm, it wouldn't let me go further, I'll try again, as it's a Monday and that's the best day to start new things afresh, right. Good start of the week etc.

So far had one glass of fruit juice (which the radio told me this morning is full of bad sugars, but I like the taste), two teas (one with sugar and one with honey) and some yoghurt with muesli (which the radio told me is bad as well). Think I mainly need to cut down on the radio.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Because I only eat 1 meal a day during work days (not martyrdom just what I've got used to) my weight loss has stopped at 19lbs, according to my gym I need to eat something at breakfast and lunchtime to promote weight loss.

Also I start my one-on-one weight/cardio sessions tomorrow. This now means that I do the following...

Mon - HIIT
    Tues - Weights/Cardio
    Wed - Weights/Cardio
    Fri - HIIT

I don't like HIIT as it fucking kills but my trainer has already said he has seen a difference in my push-ups. I think I am shit at them but apparently I'm not as shit as I was!

I am worried about my one-on-one as the bloke doing it is renowned for being quite the motivator! It does help in that he is a nice bloke though!!!

Oh well, if you don't see me after Weds you'll know why...
  • Moto - try 5/6 meals a day mate. When I say meals, I really mean snacks. Grazing, if you can do it, is the best way to keep your metabolism ticking all day and get the pounds off while training. Perfect snacks are a chicken breast, a handful of nuts, a banana, a protein shake or similar. Small and often.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Jaco wrote:
    Moto - try 5/6 meals a day mate. When I say meals, I really mean snacks. Grazing, if you can do it, is the best way to keep your metabolism ticking all day and get the pounds off while training. Perfect snacks are a chicken breast, a handful of nuts, a banana, a protein shake or similar. Small and often.
    I've been told this, I met up with my weight trainer at his house on Saturday and he said he has 8 meals a day. 2 of his meals is actually a single chicken breast eaten over two 'sittings'.

I think the problem is the common man's interpretation of the word 'meal' isn't the same as somebody within fitness circles! I have upped my food to 3 meals today though, I had half a beef tomato with mozzarella for breakfast, I'll be having an apple for lunch and a chicken breast with chopped tomatoes for dinner. I will try and get some grazing stuff in when I get 5 mins to get to the shops!

Oh on another note I wore some jeans at the weekend that I were a squeeze to get into previously but now fit me and I found a fiver in the pocket. Bonus!
  • I have started on the My Fitness Pal app. Yeesh the amount of calories in a bagel with a lil bit of spread :( Back to porridge for me
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yeah I had the same reaction to a soft pretzel from Tesco bakery. Not worth 300 calories.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nina wrote:

So far had one glass of fruit juice (which the radio told me this morning is full of bad sugars, but I like the taste), two teas (one with sugar and one with honey) and some yoghurt with muesli (which the radio told me is bad as well). Think I mainly need to cut down on the radio.

Peter Jackson lost all of his weight by "getting fed up being fat and eating burgers". He's quoted as saying he swapped the burgers for yogurt and muesli - so it can't be all bad.

The fact that he worked like a bastard on the LoTR films probably paid a big part in that too though - boredom and habit are the big enemies when trying to lose weight.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    That's one of the things I really like about the app, lets me see what's worth the calories.
  • Fuck all the breads. The delicious bastards.

Luckily since I started working from home in the summer I've been able to cut right back on the carbs, to the point now where I'm not eating any bread or pasta. Do my supermarket shop online and only order enough food to last until the next shop and nothing extra. I totally notice a difference in that I don't impulse buy anything really when I'm shopping online, as a result I pretty much stopped buying any cakes and other shit. So sorry future guests who stop by unannounced, I will not have been able to run to the shops and grab a pack of biccies for you.

Gone from having no breakfast, and sandwiches from wherever at lunch, to fruit and yoghurt for brekkie and then random veggies with a bit of houmous or something to dip them in for lunch.

Not really done much extra but probably lost half a stone over the last two months just from that, and I feel about 10000000x better and have much higher general energy levels and even feel like my general level of cognitive function/concentration has improved.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    That sounds like really good progress Roujin, well done. Carbs/cakes/pastry are my major weakness :(
  • well done! its not easy cutting out bread and pasta. two of my favorites. It doesnt help that I can cook stunning pasta dishes. But being fit really makes a massive different to concentration etc. Its like putting on a pair of glasses and your vision clears.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!