Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • Sources: one dude with a diet book to sell.

Look, no-one's going to deny that you shouldn't eat lots of refined carbs (i.e.: sugar). But stuffing yourself full of fatty food is hardly going to help you is it.

With diet, it really is easy, mainly because humans can eat bloody anything. Just eat fresh stuff, and keep sugary, fatty things to a sensible minimum, and don't eat too much.

For many this is too difficult, so they come up with low-carb, or fasting, or whatever helps them get through the day.

I'm not fat, and I've lost weight, through simply not eating too much, and making sure I don't eat too many:

chips, cakes, chocolate, sweets, fizzy drinks, cheese, booze, crisps, pizzas.
  • I'm not fat, and I've lost weight, through simply not eating too much, and making sure I don't eat too many:

chips, cakes, chocolate, sweets, fizzy drinks, cheese, booze, crisps, pizzas.
    That is why I am happy doing this fitnesspal app thing. I need that help, or rather reminder about what I am doing and I need it on a day to day basis.
  • Everything in balance, that's the secret.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    This is one of the things I am looking forward to getting my own business premises for, so that I can have an area to workout and do my HIIT stuff.
  • @Jaco
    I think so, I don't for a second believe any fad diets or extreme denial of things can result in long term weight loss.

Positives I have noticed this week:
    I fall asleep a lot easier
    My temperament is much better
    I feel more confident in my own skin and actually believe I am slimmer despite the reality being that I likely look no different.

Next week will be easy it is week 3 that I will struggle I think.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    It's partially a blood sugar issue @Muse you almost need to ween your body off carbs and during that time you'll feel you have less energy, reality is your blood sugar is adjusting, takes a couple of weeks, but you'll feel better once you've adjusted. If reducing carbs you should also add more protein to your diet, which actually fills you up more.

Ahhhhhhhh, that makes sense! Cheers!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    Sources: one dude with a diet book to sell. Look, no-one's going to deny that you shouldn't eat lots of refined carbs (i.e.: sugar). But stuffing yourself full of fatty food is hardly going to help you is it. With diet, it really is easy, mainly because humans can eat bloody anything. Just eat fresh stuff, and keep sugary, fatty things to a sensible minimum, and don't eat too much. For many this is too difficult, so they come up with low-carb, or fasting, or whatever helps them get through the day. I'm not fat, and I've lost weight, through simply not eating too much, and making sure I don't eat too many: chips, cakes, chocolate, sweets, fizzy drinks, cheese, booze, crisps, pizzas.

The key there is sugary, as that is effectively what carbs are, sugar molecules strung together into starch, which form carbs. The problem is people have been sold on carbs being healthy as it is a cheap way to make a lot of profit for food companies.
  • People think carbs are just bread and tatties. People are wrong.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • This thread is so good. I had a pizza last night and I'm gonna have a curry tonight, then a few bourbons.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Jaco wrote:
    People think carbs are just bread and tatties. People are wrong.
    Aren't they just, they're in pretty everything!

They are in virtually everything that is processed, so much so that I think if I'd been educated to this years ago I wouldn't have found myself in the position I was in 6 weeks ago.

I have been told that 1lb a week weight loss is considered good but I want to be ahead of that, I was anticipating double that but my problem is that I am now developing muscle and losing fat so my weight isn't dropping that much.

Still it's not a sprint so as long as I keep it up (but it is fucking hard work!) I should eventually reach my goal.

I have done some bartering so I have 1-to-1 training on Tue/Wed but I said to the bloke that I can't see me ever getting where I would like to be. He posted this on my Facebook yesterday to show me that being 43 doesn't matter!

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yep definitely going to struggle with 45 minutes, the 30 minutes tonight was a fucking nightmare.
  • How many calories does dust have?

Anyone?

Dust..

Anyone?

Dust...
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Probably not as many as that final cheesecake half that I just ate.
  • I haven't had time to do a food shop this week so everything's completely ballsed up. Just grabbing things as and when I can, didn't even eat dinner last night and haven't eaten properly today either. Wah.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I had 2 juices during the day, a chicken breast this evening and then 2 sticks of celery while watching the Walking Dead.

And a bottle of wine.
  • Tricking your brain into helping you lose weight

(scroll down to relevant section)

I won't go into it here (because it's rather involved/complex) but this book also contains a great deal more detailed information on exactly how the brain works in relation to metabolism etc and dispels many of the myths around dieting and weight-control. The main thrust of it though is that dieting - especially extremely low-calorie dieting - is really not an effective way to make a permanent change to your weight.

What's instead required is a complete change of lifestyle and diet, permanently.

Why is this thread in the Games section btw?
  • ONLY ME!
    30644_harry_enfield.jpg

You don't want to do it like that!
  • Is it still the case that dodging the shite carbs is considered a luxury diet position?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I dunno, but I'm open to believe it is if you want high-quality variety. Something more than a life of fruit and porridge, like.
  • I've lost FIVE POUNDS this week.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Was 15, 6 now 15, 1
  • Just had a full fat latte.
  • Me too.

Cant run anymore, my knee is fucked. Going to regularly go swimming instead, which is far better exercise anyway, but being able to get up stick on some gear and music and get away from everything for 30/45 mins was so nice.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well done rev
  • I enjoy swimming immensely but was perturbed to be told that it can be really bad for your heart, because working your heart hard when you're in a horizontal position puts pressure/stress on parts of the heart that really aren't designed to take it. Heart attacks in swimming pools are more common than heart attacks in gyms, as a result.

No idea whether or not this is true or whether it's only a concern for those with preexisting heart conditions anyway, it's just something that I was told by a swimming instructor.
  • Seems like the risks are far out weighed by the benefits for the vast majority of people.

I would love to start swimming again but the idea of going to a public bath in south west London does not appeal. People cant even walk down the street in a straight line let alone swim in a lane.
  • The reason it caused me perturberance is because there's a significant history of heart problems in my family. My grandfather, father, uncle and several other male members of my family all died of heart attacks, most at the age of 60. I'm considerably healthier (in lifestyle) than most of them but it's a concern.
  • Running is boring and I have this weird quirk where if I listen to music as is run, I can't help but start to run "in time"; No doubt resulting in me looking like some desparate, crumping idiot, fleeing a disaster. It also stops me from regulating my pacing and breathing. Any good playlist recommends?
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!