Stuff for "Creatives" and whatnot..
  • Mini Earthbound print idea —

Bwo4WceIUAEekTr.png

Also: My next print project will be with/for Hero Complex Gallery (http://hcgart.com/) - Can't really say much about it other than It'll be towards the end of this year. Just need to figure out what the subject matter will be!
  • Seems i will have a PS4 by 27 Sept. A mate is selling me his office PS4, with killzone, the last of us,destiny and COD for 250. Boom
    PSN - minkymu
  • Im happy with it. Its lived in his marketing dept office for a large vg publisher.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Am moving out the digital space a but and learning the ways of airbrushing.

Check yo'self Sorayama, your crown is mine.
  • Wot I Dun last week at work.
    9uCVF7W.jpg

y0pJUHO.jpg
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Nice.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Am moving out the digital space a but and learning the ways of airbrushing. Check yo'self Sorayama, your crown is mine.
    I spent many years airbrushing and will endeavour to reboot in new place.  Unplanned abstract airbrushing is is satisfying and therepeutic.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Just a quick update, I'm doing a print for an upcoming exhibition at the Hero Complex gallery in LA - I'm not allowed to discuss details at this point but will try to give folks notice when things will be going on sale if you're interested.
  • Did a few more Earthbound mini guys tonight - 'Jeff' and 'Poo'

tumblr_ndk0ehO14v1swiks1o1_500.png

tumblr_ndk0ehO14v1swiks1o2_500.png
  • Nice.
    love your stuff Dan.
    You have that clean, organised, tidy thing nailed that I could never hope to achieve.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Dan, I am a vector whiz, hire me.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I can't find the art thread thing but anyway I did a thing

jackal2_zps466c356d.png

It was for a beer label but they don't fancy it now.  Might knock a t-shirt together or something.
  • Skerret wrote:
    I can't find the art thread thing but anyway I did a thing

jackal2_zps466c356d.png

It was for a beer label but they don't fancy it now.  Might knock a t-shirt together or something.

Nice!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Thanks guy, ImageTrace ftw.
  • Yeah, that's awesome, Sker. If that was on a beer I would proudly drink it with the label facing towards the rest of the bar so everyone could appreciate my fine taste.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We've come to a compromise and it will now be a large cropped watermark, so some justice.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Any creative type should check out this app: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/

Amazed that this is produced by Serif.

£40 and you get a combined Photoshop/Illustrator killer.

Some great features, especially the zoom levels, the pixel editing within vectors, the ability to export slices by layer, by layer group at both normal size and retina. 

Only thing for some of you is it's Mac only, free trial too.
  • Frickin' suuhweeeeet, I'm getting an Intuos Pro Medium tomorrow, will be giving that a go. :-D

I've got myself Sketchbook Pro, I've been looking at various other programs, surprised I've not even heard of that one.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Been playing with it today. Everything is so much quicker and smoother than photoshop and illustrator. I tried to zoom in, got fed up at 1,000,000+% it's just fucking ridiculously good.

Adobe should be worried.

Every modification is in realtime. If you haven't id suggest you look at the tutorial videos some great stuff in there.
  • Does it open up photoshop/illustrator files?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep preserves all layer styles etc. blend modes might need slight readjusting haven't done enough with them.

For web design this is the perfect software package. Just the export tools alone are worth £40 easily.
  • Hmm, slightly worrying article here. At least, for anyone working in design. I know it's coming, but I can't help feeling it's going to be a real disaster to cut human imagination out of the loop.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I don't worry too much about these things. Some companies will adopt them sure but most decent stuff will still require a human.
    It's like the Moon pig cards of graphic design.
  • I don't worry too much about these things. Some companies will adopt them sure but most decent stuff will still require a human. It's like the Moon pig cards of graphic design.

I agree, at the moment it's at that stage. But give it a year or three and things will be much further down the line. I'm happy if it eliminates the crappy, lower end of the market; but when bigger companies start experimenting with this kind of thing it potentially devalues what we do in their eyes.

Time to retrain as a mechanic or a carpenter, methinks...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Thought that might be about the digital economies thing that's demanding quarterly reporting...that shit sucks
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I met the guys from Field (who did that old GF Smith job headlining the article) the other week. Their main guy freely admitted that he got into generative art because he was a rubbish graphic designer.

Thing is, the stuff they do is good. But it’s often just a form of illustration or animation … something I’d commission just like I would a photographer or copywriter.

It’s an evolution of the things Joshua Davis was doing with Praystation back in the day, or The generative fonts Leterror used to make. Hell, it’s only a few technological leaps on from Spirograph drawings.

Just another tool in the box.
  • My worry is that with the rate of technological progression, and projects like The Grid, it won't be long before design that most folks will see as "passable" will be with us. With clients seemingly driven more and more by price and less by design, and with the general homogeny of modern design (especially for digital spaces), I think it's a distinct possibility. Not now, but in 2 or 3 years I think we might see the beginnings of it...
  • I feel more sorry for people wanting to join the sector. The shit jobs are where you cut your teeth.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!