Anime and Manga
  • Chapter 1000 of One Piece is out in the wild.

What a ride its been and this current arc has been fantastic - so much incredible art and design throughout. It's probably the best it's been since Marineford.

It's crazy to think that i was watching the terrible dub on toonami back in 2000 ish before rediscovering it when I started to get into manga during the thriller bark arc 12 or 13 years ago.
  • YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOIIIIIIII

1000 Chapters!

He fuckin DID IT
  • Happy 80th to Hayao Miyazaki!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Been enjoying Moriarty the Patriot recently. It reimagines him as an anti hero helps corrupt posh people get what they deserve.

It resonates well and I recommend it.
  • Watched this on Netflix 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9335498/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Ended up watching with Uk voice acting was nice.

Good story, good visuals slightly annoying character introduced halfway through but otherwise held internet over 26 episodes and left open for a movie apparently
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's basically the biggest anime thing in Japan at the moment, far as I've been able to gather. I'm really intrigued as to how a specifically British voiceover got done for it though? That seems... actually cool.

Do you just mean like, in English?
  • Yeah amd the actors chosen sound very similar to the og
    The Forum Herald™
  • Brooks wrote:
    It's basically the biggest anime thing in Japan at the moment, far as I've been able to gather. I'm really intrigued as to how a specifically British voiceover got done for it though? That seems... actually cool.

Do you just mean like, in English?

The film, Demon Train, dethroned ghibli as the highest earner at the cinema, which is wild. Wilder still, the manga is finished after 205 chapters so there will only be a handful of seasons and films then it’ll be done.
  • Bob wrote:
    Watched this on Netflix 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9335498/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Ended up watching with Uk voice acting was nice.

Good story, good visuals slightly annoying character introduced halfway through but otherwise held internet over 26 episodes and left open for a movie apparently

Wanted to actually watch this after the whole ‘being biggest anime film of all time thing’, glad it’s actually pretty good!
  • The backstory shit for every villain makes it a little interminable at times, but UFOtables’s blend of 2D and 3D art is industry leading at the moment, it’s really well done.l, even if the magic is lost a little when you realise that long shots replace walking animations with 3D models. Still, it lets them make flashy fight scenes, so it’s a good trade.

Between Kimetsu and the Wani Kuni arc in One Piece, we’re getting spoilt for super colourful olde japan animation.
  • I loved the mix of what I assumed was cgi, 2d and then kind of proper comic book stuff. It’s visually appealing especially during the big set piece fights.
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Started watching Demon Slayer because I want in on the zeitgeist. It's quite good!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The zeitgeist has moved on to Jujutsu Kaisen
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    GODDAMNIT
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Oh, apparently I never recommended Great Pretender on Netflix in here but I should have done, because it is good.
  • That does look good! Added to watchlist.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Oh, apparently I never recommended Great Pretender on Netflix in here but I should have done, because it is good.
    I got confused in the first 10 minutes and gave up
    The Forum Herald™
  • I also watched the first Gundam Thunderbolt film last night, which might be my favourite Gundam thing yet.

The 1979 Gundam series was cool, but the animation was just a little too dated (sorely in need of a remake!), zeta Gundam series was very good (if a bit long), chars counterattack was... a bit of a mess but with the coolest mobile suits, and the unicorn series was again a bit of a mess but the animation was amazing and had some of the series best action scenes.

Gundam thunderbolt so far (split into 2 films, I’ve only seen the first) is by far the best Gundam thing I’ve seen, just a great simple story with amazing mech designs and very self contained.
  • I've not seen anything recent Gundam but is it better than 8th MS Team? That's the most wholly good series I've ever consumed of the franchise.
  • Oh not seen all of that yet, only the first 2 or so episodes. Sounds like I need to get on that next really.

I also completely missed out gundam Origin which I saw first (and is what got me into watching everything else) and 0080: war in the pocket which is actually on par with thunderbolt for me.

I am very surprised how much I’ve enjoyed all this stuff, considering I only started watching because I started buying the model kits. Which has got a bit out of hand actually, I must have 30 odd now. I wasn’t expecting to like it all as much as I have been.
  • Finished all of One Piece with the thanks of One Pace to get through the early New World stuff. Now on to reading and watching it as it comes out. A travesty! Current arc is great in both the manga and anime though, so that’s sweet.

Moved on to watching Jujutsu Kaisen which is a shounen that likes to ditch all the pretence and go straight for the jugular. Animation is spectacular, Mappa really knocking it out of the park, and it’s funny too. Looking forward to hopping over to the manga as well.

Also reading Chainsawman, which I imagine Brooks would enjoy a little of. It’s basically the baby of Dorohedoro and Jujutsu Kaisen, to the point that when Mappa picked up the animation rights, the author said “I ripped off those manga so this is great news!”

At times it is pretty crude, but the art style is neat, and the preside is laser focussed and simple. Man gets losses by devil of chainsaws, can rev himself up to chop people up with chainsaw arms/head as long as he has enough blood. Enlisted by the government to hunt devils, and maybe one day hunt the strongest devil - the gun devil - because if he does he might get to have sex with a lady. Absurdist violence, with some inspired devil designs.

Also good news for fans of JoJo, Part 6: Stone Ocean is in production. For me it’s when Araki lets himself go real crazy with the stands and body horror elements, so I absolutely cannot wait.
  • Stone Ocean is secretly the best arc, but I'd be watching it anyway.
  • It occurs to me he's now been doing Pt8 for over a decade.
  • Of the 7 I’ve read, I really enjoyed 4, 6 and 7 the most. 5 has its high points but is on the whole a bit weaker.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Oishinbo anime is being officially uploaded to YouTube with English subtitles. They're dropping videos every few days and as there's now six months' worth there's a decent collection there. It's an anime about Japanese food and drink based on a very long-running manga - I read the English volumes they translated a few years ago and really enjoyed them. Not a bad thing to be able to watch in these stressful times.

• Thanks ERE I will give that a watch.

• Ahh new one piece chapter and shit has kicked off.

Hype levels are at maximum @tempy
  • Frosty wrote:
    Ahh new one piece chapter and shit has kicked off. Hype levels are at maximum @tempy

HELL YES

Eyh_sLoXMAIcPRU?format=png&name=small
  • Been having a go at Umezu's Fourteen, a completely demented story of apocalyptic ecoterrorism and weird science that is hitting the spot.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Frosty wrote:
    Ahh new one piece chapter and shit has kicked off. Hype levels are at maximum @tempy

HELL YES

Eyh_sLoXMAIcPRU?format=png&name=small

The king is here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!