PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Language

There is strong language ('f**k')

Violence

Strong violence includes dismemberment, including an arm being sliced off, heavy blows, a large blood spurt when a person is hit by a missile, a large spurt of blood from a person's head, and further focus on blood during, and in the aftermath of, violence; including a line of blood left behind as a person is dragged along.

A female character is held and threatened, her top is ripped open, exposing her breasts.

There is use of unidentified pills and reference to the user looking 'like a crack head'.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I watched the first episode of magical madoka or whatever it’s called.

The animation and voice work on the baby is very cute.

My main takeaways are this though

1) if asked by a cute rabbit cat to sign a contract to become a magical [boy] would I sign it?

2) is the fact the animal asking me to sign a contract that’s cute and sweet looking more suspicious than if it was a toad or other traditionally ugly animal? Like if a snail or monitor lizard asked me. The very act that a cute animal asks me for a favour by signing a contract feels pure danger thinking about it. I feel like if a snail asked me for help i could trust there was more honesty about the situation.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I think you're correct there as cats are tricky bastards and if you were to head back to question them they could just fuck off up a tree or some scaffolding and it's a lot of effort to chase em. Especially crossed with a rabbit, sly things them. Bite ya knuckle off.

A snail however, if it crosses ya, is fucked as its a right slow cunt thing so just whack a circle of salt around and scream "suck on that ya greasy twat" at it

Defo with ya mate, always trust slow animals. If a fucking cheetah asked ya to sign a contract make your excuses as it would murder ya if you come at it. A sloth however, you could take a run up and punt it over a tree before it's even taken a step. Cheating sloth bastard.

I don't know what a monitor lizard is but its name signifies some kind of voyeurism and I ain't down with that. It ain't 1984 bro.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Also what is magical mandonka would I like it, sounds like a wrestler
  • It’s some anime where a normal girl becomes a superhero but uses language of the genre inside the show. I’ve only seen one episode so it might be rubbish or great yet.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    A member of the rival biker gang rips the T-shirt off Kaori (Tetsuo’s friend/love interest). You see breasts. But there’s no rape.

Isn’t it implied in the scene after? Maybe
    Not.

The Forum Herald™
  • Also anyone watching Trese

On Netflix ? It’s a sort of South American supernatural but I like it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica is great, I love the weird collage style art for the witch worlds they go into. Urobochi is famous for his nasty stories, I bet DS would genuinely love it.
  • Yeah at least two youtubers ive seen recently recommended it so I thought I’d give it a shot.

Having said that I have a slight wariness about opinions on this kind of stuff. There’s some weird group think that happens where anything that is slightly different gets elevated beyond belief. The way people talk about, say,13 sentinels is too consistently overhyped for what it is. Similarly I feel like from what I’ve read about Utena a lot of people have sunk into canonical and rote explanations of the film for something that is pure subtext.
  • I dunno i just enjoyed PMMM a lot when i watched it
  • Probably late to it but I read through Mashle: Magic and Muscle up to the current issue and its really good? The terrible name and cover art had put me off but the actual art is great and it's really funny. It's sort of like one punch man but it's Harry Potter.

The reaction panels are also some of the best out there
    Spoiler:

• Anyone watching the new He-Man / Master of the Universe anime on Netflix?

It’s fucking awesome
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Serial Experiments Lain PSOne game recently got a fan translation. Apparently it's a must-play for fans of the series: https://iwakuraproductions.wordpress.com/2021/04/06/serial-experiments-lain-psx-fully-translated-and-playable/
  • That’s cool!

If it doesn’t start every load with “Present day, present time hahahaha” it’s an automatic failure.
  • Big fan of the Haikyuu opening theme music getting played during the warmup and between points in the Japan Canada vollyeball game today. I imagine a few of the players would have been inspired to play volleyball by the manga and the anime so I love to see it.

It's even pumping me up

• That's pretty cool.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • My partner watches Volleyball religiously now because of Haikyu. She's super excited about Japan getting to the final 8.
  • Odd Taxi is a Japanese studio doing the funny, burdened-by-the-awful-post-internet-present with animals thing and I'm pretty impressed so far. RIYL Richard Scarry or that Business Town tumblr/image series which was depressing Richard Scarry.
  • I have heard grand things. I’ll be on it after Monster I suspect.
  • Ohhhh I have always meant to watch the Monster anime, is it good? Like most anyone here I’m a big fan of the books.
  • Ah... I didn't even know there was an anime series!  Enjoyed the manga, but found it wandering around a bit too much towards the end.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I read that cultural ever-presence Uzumaki for the first time. Some of the stories individually are very good but as a complete work I was left disappointed? I think I get Kirie being so much of a non-character with little personality can be so we focus on the weird events going on but doing a larger scope story with her was unsatisfying.
  • Has anyone watched evangelicals 3+1?
  • No but I heard it's horny garbage, so I don't intend to.
  • It’s pretty bum focussed.

I had to watch it over two days because I fell asleep on about 60% of the way through.

It starts off sloooow and bewildering and ends nouny and bewildering before being reasonably straight forward at the end.
  • I have seen the most of the rebuild films in the cinema, and have been a pretty big evangelion fan for a long long time. 2.22 is one of my favourite films, and I have waited nearly a decade for the final film.
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Finished reading Diamond is Unbreakable. I'm glad Jotaru got his PhD.
  • He’s a smart lad.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    SPOILERS COSMIC
  • Apologies, you mean ending of 2.22? I assumed due to its age it wouldn’t need it but you’re right, a lot of people will want to watch them now on prime…

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!