Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Mario Kart Live sounds good. Think I’ll wait until reviews of the karts and software though. It’s pricey to get both karts.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Preordered! Good Xmas prezzy for the boy at least.

Yeah I think I'll get the 3D pack for mine.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Mario Kart Live sounds good. Think I’ll wait until reviews of the karts and software though. It’s pricey to get both karts.
    What is this??
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I thought it was just the 35 player thing that was time limited, in the vid?? Which kinda made sense in a way cos it's a bit of an online gimmick. But not enabling me to buy an SP game if I buy a switch next year seems... daft?

Mario 35 and pack of 64/Sunshine/Galaxy (digital and physical) were noted as having a limited run.

The SNES Allstars and Mario 3D+ made no mention of limited times as best as I can see.
  • Bob wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Mario Kart Live sounds good. Think I’ll wait until reviews of the karts and software though. It’s pricey to get both karts.
    What is this??

Little Karts you control (like radio controlled cars) with a camera on it. You set up little gates and boards and barriers around your house to create a track. You control the Kart with your Switch and see where it is going etc via the Kart camera. But it’s £99.99 for one Kart and set of 4 gates and boards etc. Only in Mario and Luigi now. So 2 karts/players will cost £200!
  • I've ordered 3D All Stars and both Mario Karts! I'll cancel it if I see any shit previews/reviews.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    What is this??
    Little Karts you control (like radio controlled cars) with a camera on it. You set up little gates and boards and barriers around your house to create a track. You control the Kart with your Switch and see where it is going etc via the Kart camera. But it’s £99.99 for one Kart and set of 4 gates and boards etc. Only in Mario and Luigi now. So 2 karts/players will cost £200!

Collectability through the roof...

and as for that G&W thing. Dear me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yeah...the Game & Watch is a lovely piece, pre-order in!
  • Mal0wner wrote:
    I've ordered 3D All Stars and both Mario Karts! I'll cancel it if I see any shit previews/reviews.

I see your reckless spending and I’ll raise you a game and watch too.
    2 Mario karts (1 for each kid).
    Physical 3D All stars
    Digital 3D all stars
    Game and watch. Tbf. This is the thing that’ll be worth the monies in the future.

I’ll also be wanting 3D world nearer the time and some of that merch looks sweet as too.

I thought whilst Reg was on a break I’d do the forum donkey work on Nintendo tat.

• The Game and Watch looks garbage considering the price but each to their own.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I had to draw the line at the Game and Watch. I just know I will never play it. I've still got a Club Nintendo Game and Watch reissue unopened in a box somewhere.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • How come Reg is on a break?
  • Just managed to get 3D Mario collection from Shopto for £42.85

The sites having a melt down at the mo
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Because he started going weird. Next gen thread.
  • He was turning into Hot-Take Hollis. Just needs to focus on the baby rather than this place for now. He's a good man, and hopefully he'll be back in due course.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Haven't got time to watch the vids but are they remaking Mario 64???

No.  Just a remaster, so a bit smoother and sharper.

Meh. I was hoping they'd do something with the camera.

Well I'm assuming it's not a simple N64 ROM dump?

That would mean no in game instructions referencing the C-buttons etc, so I'm hoping they'll do some sort of work with the camera.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    What is this??

Just as I’d stopped pissing myself from
    The 3D world reveal

The Forum Herald™
  • Reg must be gutted about not pre-ordering any of this Mazza stuff.
  • Reg must be gutted he’s taken a step back
    Just as Nintendo go
    Full on postal mental

Next step
    Michael Douglas reprises his role from falling down in a sequel to Bob Hoskins mario
    Movie but you have to make your own cardboard cinema that the switch screen sits in and two chairs (got a family of three tough) with a joycon under each for 4D
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Reg must be gutted about not pre-ordering any of this Mazza stuff.
    As if.

He's definitely ordering it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Mario64 camera was OK was it not?  I don't recall it being an issue and I'm not a 3D game fan.  You had to intervene from time to time with the camera buttons but I found it fine.
  • Been a long time since I played it but I remember hating the camera.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Those game and watch things can be pre-ordered now from the UK site.
  • davyK wrote:
    The Mario64 camera was OK was it not?  I don't recall it being an issue and I'm not a 3D game fan.  You had to intervene from time to time with the camera buttons but I found it fine.

It was, and still is imo, but like many of us I was there at the time and have muscle memory for it.

I can see why new users would find it odd compared to the modern inverted camera controls mapped to right analog sticks.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I got the JP cartridge there a few weeks back and was playing it on my JP console and admiring the RGB image on my CRT. I was navigating just fine and picking up stars. Probably a lot of muscle memory though - I really caned that game.

My main issue back when it was new was knowing how close I was to an edge - that's a problem I have generally with 3D which is why I don't like it too much. M64 and Galaxy are really the only 3D games I ever really got into.
  • You're in for a treat with 3D World Davy. Land and World have small courses with a straight-ahead reach-the-flag setup. Purer platforming than the rest.
  • 3D World is great. Muched preferred it to Odyssey.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah - I eyed that game up on Wii U - almost sold it to me at the time.

I don't fancy Odyssey that much to be honest. Galaxy maxxed out my appetite for that type of game.
  • I’m excited to play mario galaxy with out waggle and Mario
    Sunshine with YouTube
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!