Super Mario Super Thread
  • Boosting Spin Jump II is by far the most annoying level so far.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm really up for trying the friend races in this after watching the Giant Bomb video of it - looks an absolute hoot. Anyone else up for booking an evening?

It’s always the really good ones who want to do the competitive stuff isn’t it?
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Yeah, I’d be up for it.

See.

Tbf I’d love to see how far off leet I am so I’ll have a bash at this.
  • Got this for being a brave boy this week.
    Good fun so far but payed through the first world in multi with the kids first, so bit a trudge going back through them early levels on my own save.
    Also not sure i like all this collectible nonsense, i hate repeating levels just to find a thing i missed but also don't like creeping through Mario levels checking every box and pipe etc.
    I suppose i could ignore it all but then there will be stuff in missing out on too.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I've got as far as finishing world 3, but haven't had the inclination to go back to it. It's full of fun ideas, but they never stick around long enough to get interesting. I got quite annoyed and bored after a while.
  • still bashing through this, about to start world 7.
  • i'm still only on W3 or 4, taking my time with this.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mentioned elsewhere but rattled 3 hours of Mario RPG last night to get it finished. Absolutely had a romp with it, think it'll sit at the bottom of my top 10 this year. Hell of a lot more platforming than I expected and I think Booster might be a top character of all time. He's more chaotic than Wario.
    37-27881.png
  • still bashing through this, about to start world 7.

Actuality i meant w6
  • Credits rolled and ticks for everything that can be ticked at this stage.

Showing me only 2 question marks so I haven't missed any stages.

Am I correct in thinking there is another exit from
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It won’t show a tick if you have a missing exit. Unless I’m misremembering everything can be ticked - so if there are any unticked ones that you discounted because they were story locations or shops, it might be that you missed an extra cutscene or still need to buy something.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Everything can indeed be ticked.
  • Found the route, just needed to walk around Petal Isles a bit.

1st final test up next.
  • Ok, final final thing is going to be annoying.
  • Finished the main story on this. Not sure I've seen any ticks or bothered by that but might go back to at least finish the special world
  • This final final thing is a bit crap. Either put in more checkpoints or give me a power up each time I revive at the existing points.

Very nearly cleared the spring jump part twice.

Leaving it there tonight.
  • Ok, trying to cheese this as much as possible.

Using Nabbit and Yoshi. 
    Nabbit to get through the fire bars. 
    Then Nabbit riding on Yoshi's back to get to the final section. With 2 players it shows a crown above one of the players.

And I still can't do it. Just can't get enough practice at that final fish jump.

And even if I do complete it this way, I won't feel any shame. In fact, I might not even bother.

I just think this level is utter rubbish. Such a massive let down from the rest of the game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hold down jump so you're always high jumping and think of Mario as slightly past the halfway line of the screen.
  • I was doing that.

However, lost all interest now and cartridge has been removed from the switch.

The rest of the game is excellent, mostly very easy but with the odd hard bit. Climb to the beat and boosting spin jump were the hardest levels for me (hated the bouncy spinner).

Very inventive and some genuinely charming levels.

Going to have play through World again as I suspect that could still be my favourite pure platform Mario, with Wonder being the best for the modern explore and find items style.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    I was doing that.

However, lost all interest now and cartridge has been removed from the switch.

The rest of the game is excellent, mostly very easy but with the odd hard bit. Climb to the beat and boosting spin jump were the hardest levels for me (hated the bouncy spinner).

Very inventive and some genuinely charming levels.

Going to have play through World again as I suspect that could still be my favourite pure platform Mario, with Wonder being the best for the modern explore and find items style.

Oh do it and finish the game. I guarantee you're able to do it
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:

Oh fuck me that just killed me. So damn funny
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    had the volume down before pressing play.....
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!