Super Mario Super Thread
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    This is the best Mario for me since Galaxy 2. Lovely stuff.
    Snaps, best 2d since…?

Mario World.  I haven't really been keen on the 2D ones since SMW.  NSMBU is the best of the New ones, and Wonder beats that hands down.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I stuck with floaty cap Mario all the way through. That guy is a flagpole's worst nightmare. 

I tried Luigi for one level but his various noises irritated me.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Without trying to be a dick, I managed all flagpoles without too much nuisance- utilising the little r button spin at the top of your jump tends to get you over the top (no badge needed), and there were only really a couple that required a bit of thought.

I did put the pad down when I got to the jump for the
    Spoiler:
    because I basically couldn't be fucked going through again. Thankfully just managed it and no more.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Haha, yeah same, I would have cried if I’d not got that one first time.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Without trying to be a dick, I managed all flagpoles without too much nuisance- utilising the little r button spin at the top of your jump tends to get you over the top (no badge needed), and there were only really a couple that required a bit of thought.

I did put the pad down when I got to the jump for the
    Spoiler:
    because I basically couldn't be fucked going through again. Thankfully just managed it and no more.

You’re not being a dick, just leet at these games. I’d pay good money to watch how you handle them. I imagine it’s an entirely different style to how I bumble through.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    This is the best Mario for me since Galaxy 2. Lovely stuff.
    Snaps, best 2d since…?
    Mario World.  I haven't really been keen on the 2D ones since SMW.  NSMBU is the best of the New ones, and Wonder beats that hands down.
    I get confused between the 2Ds and their arbitrary names, remember really enjoying the one on the DS
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Without trying to be a dick, I managed all flagpoles without too much nuisance- utilising the little r button spin at the top of your jump tends to get you over the top (no badge needed), and there were only really a couple that required a bit of thought. I did put the pad down when I got to the jump for the
    Spoiler:
    You’re not being a dick, just leet at these games. I’d pay good money to watch how you handle them. I imagine it’s an entirely different style to how I bumble through.

There are speedruns already for this :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I presume the way I play is akin to a pensioner having a bash. Stop, start, accidental wall jump, miss with my fire ball three times, hit the end flag half way up.
  • I presume the way I play is akin to a pensioner having a bash. Stop, start, accidental wall jump, miss with my fire ball three times, hit the end flag half way up.
    i first read that as 'a pensioner having a bath' and then the next sentence made we wonder what you thought pensioners did in the bath...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I do love absolutely hooning through 2D Mario levels, once I've got all secrets. I actually fired up SMW after beating Wonder and crit pathed mu way through star Road and bowser's Castle. Love that Cape rhythm
  • Grand Poo World 3 SMW hack released today.

1st level looks tight as hell.
  • Had one go at the
    Spoiler:

Nope.
  • Finally nearing the end of Wonder and I've had great fun with it, much, much better than I was expecting tbh.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Grand Poo World 3 SMW hack released today.

1st level looks tight as hell.

Assume he’s streaming attempts????

I’ve waited so long for this. Barb is a hero.

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Grand Poo World 3 SMW hack released today. 1st level looks tight as hell.
    Assume he’s streaming attempts???? I’ve waited so long for this. Barb is a hero.
    All the main streamers are streaming it but Barb isn't streaming.

I've seen a few genius creative touches again.
  • Ninji Jump Party had me grinning like an idiot.
  • That’s all levels done and dusted. Got a few badges to buy but can’t be arsed with those.

I did the last level on my first go - found that pretty easy going compared to some of the other special stage levels… that wall jump one in particular.

Excellent Mario game, right up there.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It sounds like you completed…
    Spoiler:
  • Can you spoiler how I get that… I got all flagpoles and coins I think…
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Ninji Jump Party had me grinning like an idiot.
    In a game of many highlights, that was my favourite
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Turns out I was missing a flag in the first world.

That last last level… ran out of lives but got to what I assume was the last section but man that’s a challenge. Great stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The very last challenge is ostensibly an absolute bustard unless you use r, maybe plant a statue if you're unsure, and always hold B to jump high.

If you've got that far, you can do it
  • I've left it there (sold the game today) - the section leading up to the invisible badge was the kicker, used a good 40+ lives so had a good go at it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You are a true gamer
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If you felt bad about the bit before you could have switched to Nabbit and cleared it iirc. I think that doesn't record damage. I'm aware I'm telling you after the fact but it doesn't log who you clear the game with
  • I forgot about the other characters but would have felt dirty swapping to Nabbit.

Mazza all the way.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm really up for trying the friend races in this after watching the Giant Bomb video of it - looks an absolute hoot. Anyone else up for booking an evening?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yeah, I’d be up for it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!