GOTG -PS360 gen- RESULTS AND AWARDS!!! (Mario Galaxy wins)
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Quit the 4 play. You cnuts ca't be 4 real. Since when was all discussion concerning quadrilogies 4 bidden?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Also...

Stop bullying me!
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Based on the number of Halo fans here compared to anything else, as well as fringe Halo votes I would be very suprised if the forum favorite isn't Halo 3.

I presume we are doing a weighted list the same as GOTY?

I wouldn't be surprised either, although once lots more people start voting and we have proper near-final lists or shortlists, I'm expecting the likes of GTAV and Demons/Dark Souls to do well. Mario Galaxy will do well. Street Fighter IV is another.

EDIT: yes, weighted. Lots of points for coming first. Gap between ranks diminishes as you descend.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • A few people have provided a top 10, a top 6 from one person, and a couple of top 3s - the list on the first page is ordered by points so far for games that have been in a list, then alphabetically. I counted the people who have said Halo 3 will be their top game hence it is currently smiling at eveyone atop the list.... if I ignore them, H3 slips massively.

I've not put any points up in the post and won't do so for a long time. Early days yet.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I voted AA not AC, but it's in the alphabetical bit

It's like Florida 2000 AGAIN!!
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    How do the Wii and 3DS versions of DKR compare? Are they basically the same thing??

I haven't played the 3DS version, but I'm pretty sure it's a straight port. With a few extras perhaps.
  • Can we do it sooner than June?
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    We can. But we may not.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I voted AA not AC, but it's in the alphabetical bit It's like Florida 2000 AGAIN!!

Ugh, I replied but post disappeared? I didn't count yours as it was a short list rather than a top 10, I thought. I need a top 10 or less to count it.

Even end of June sounds soon to me, I have so much to get through!
  • If we hold off for a few months I should get to see if Fire Emblem, 3D Land or Mark of the Ninja make the cut.  I have high hopes for all three.
  • 3D Land is 3DS, which make it I eligible according to majority opinion (so far). Same for Fire Emblem Awakening. I'm keeping 3DS and Vita in for the time being. Will remove later if required.

Just thought about this. Do you mean end it sooner, or post our own final list sooner? Latter ok. I can keep tally and update list on second post. We will then have a league table type thing and see who wins in the end. Might end up with clear front runners after just a handful of counts.
  • What do you want? Top 5/10?
  • If 3DS and Vita count, why not go the other way? I want to count GBA games.
  • Thinking about it, I wouldn't count the 3DS or Vita myself.  I absent-mindedly listed the latest Mario/Fire Emblem titles because I've yet to play them.  DS and PSP should be the eligible handhelds, imo.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No 3DS, no Vita and no GBA.
  • What do you want? Top 5/10?

Top 10 please. In your own time. I'm sure I can count on you to include Halo 3, Bayonetta, and Street Fighter IV. :)
  • I thought this was just psp, ds, ps3, 360, Wii and pc games of the same era.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Those formats count, yes. 3DS and Vita don't. That seems to be the way things are heading.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    What do you want? Top 5/10?
    Top 10 please. In your own time. I'm sure I can count on you to include Halo 3, Bayonetta, and Street Fighter IV. :)
    Oh, absolutely. :)
  • Games that spring to mind;

Team Fortress 2

The best team multiplayer in videogames. 9 years in the making before it was considered ready to release, and has had nearly 300 updates since. 300! Only Valve does this. If you've played it a few years ago on PC you should perhaps take a long hard look at it again. If you have the console version it ain't changed much I'm afraid, but it's still excellent. 

Btw it's now free. Free as in actually free. 

Mario Galaxy 1 + 2

Unbelievable pure talent - no updates required here. Anybody who still claims Mario World is the best Mario is being a cunt for the sake of it. Only Nintendo does this, and by this I mean genius. Actual fucking genius. 

Skyrim

Wow. What a place. Mods make it incredible.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Those formats count, yes. 3DS and Vita don't. That seems to be the way things are heading.

Good, makes more sense to me that way.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    I thought this was just psp, ds, ps3, 360, Wii and pc games of the same era.

This makes sense to me.
    The Vita and 3DS have too much life in them to be considered this gen.
    PC is the only odd one but I guess if we go from the earliest release date of the eligible consoles then it works.
  • (1) Halo 3
    The best MP experience of the generation, with a devoted crowd of players that logged on (almost) daily for years. Excellent core war-mechanics, a lobby system that pissed on everything else out there, a multitude of different game types, some superb maps (inc. a number produced by the community using the excellent Forge)... I could go on.

(2) Super Street Fighter 4

The first fightman to get me into competitive play. Starting with rucking online with the guys on here, moving on to discussing and researching characters, to local mash-ups at Nick's that turned into a fully fledged, regular tournament and some great friendships were born. Further to this, playing the game competitively in Korea and beating Poongko twice in about 20 attempts, commentating on and playing in an SBO qualifier, and making a good friend in the owner of Cafe ID.

(3) Dark Souls

The best game mechanically and I love the obscured fiction too. 'Nuff said.

(4) Bayonetta

Gloriously entertaining combat system with a wealth of options and chasm-like depth. Some of the bosses were ludicrous in scale and this is quite simply the best game in the genre. I rarely replay this sort of game so I went through it on the harder settings, but much respect to anyone who went ULTIMATE CLIMAX.

Also, that end game dance.

(5) Pokemon Pearl

Pokemon is brilliant and this was a new Pokemon on a far more powerful system. The reason I invested in a DS and the first time Pokemon went online, changing the game forever. Brilliant.

Honourable Mentions

Mass Effect 2 - SPACE OPERA.
    Borderlands - MOAR GUNZ
    Left 4 Dead - OMG ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE HALP ME.
    Bulletstorm Demo - LET'S GET OUR WAR ON.
  • Elf don't worry, I was thinking it would be good to end the poll and get results sooner actually but I'm totally fine with it really as it does mean people get lots of time to play more stuff :)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • no 3DS? Has been very much part of the last gen for me. Anyway if thats the case 

1) Tetris DS
    2) Advance Wars DS
    3) Civ Rev (DS)
    4) Halo 3
    5) Peggle
    6) Trials
    7) PVZ
    8) SFIV
    9) Defence Grid
    10) Ouendan
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Good list, Tiger! Thanks for updated list MK.

I'll update tally/list
  • MK, Trials HD or Evo?

I've counted it as HD for now
  • HD, Evo came out long after the 3DS. 

The 3DS was released almost 3 years ago now.. wow.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!