The hiding from an alien in a locker thread
  • That said, seeing a video from my 2016 self has thoroughly ruined me on this page, so
  • Good thing it's now a new page then!
  • At somepoint im gonna to play the modded Aliens Colonial Marines. Now the AI bug is fixed (most famous typo in gaming history).

Inside your games config file (My Document\My Games\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\PecanEngine.ini) is the following line of code :

ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether -> PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTeather

Im sure you'll notice the spelling mistake

ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether -> PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTether

If you fix it to look like the above and then play the game, the difference is pretty crazy!

Why is this line important? There are two reasons :
    1) AttachXenoToTether doesn't do anything. Its basically empty or stripped
    2) AttachPawnToTether does ALOT. It controls tactical position adjustment, patrolling and target zoning

When a Xeno is spawned, it is attached to a zone tether. This zone tells the Xeno what area is its fighting space and where different exits are. In Combat, a Xeno will be forced to switch to a new tether (such as one behind you) so as to flank, or disperse so they aren't so grouped up etc. (*disclaimer* this is inferred opinion, I cant see the actual code only bits)

Whenever the game tried to do this, nothing happened. Now it does!

Anyway thats fixed and the shooting is fixed. Originally the bullets from guns would end up where the barrell of your gun was pointed on screen not where the reticle was. Anyway this is on pc, so i will get at somepoint.

• I played some isolation earlier today, in medical area. Feck if thats not stressful. Just about to open a door opposite a room called Day Care. Just as i was about to move from my crouched cover, the xenomorph walks out of the Day Care room. Brown pants time.
  • Restarted this also.
  • Just completed mission 5, medical area. Phew. Onwards with brown stained pants....
  • Still on the medical section, christ.
  • Its terrifying isnt it? I had the motion tracker out all the time in there, apart from when the xenomorph got close.
  • It is as if i have an open packet of jerky in my pocket.
  • There are a couple of really interesting videos about how the AI in this game works. You may be able to use this information to help you...

I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

RIP :(
  • I gave up at the medical bit as I just couldn’t be fucked. Shame because they’d nailed their world building brilliantly.
  • Medical is a bit of a hump. Those dumb fucking ceiling vents are the worst. Once you get past medical it’s largely plain sailing, but that area is very twisty and knotted.
  • It broke my heart once Tempy so I’m never going back.
  • Feck i was doing ok, only 1 death upto mission 6. Then the fecking alarm goes off, almost completed the level but the bitch stabbed me in the back with elevator in site. Subsequent goes died, died and died.

Fecking alarms...
  • I like making a noise, getting her to come out and hide.
  • " where am I bitch?" " that's a noise maker duuurr"
  • Got through a few missions, up to the start of mission 10. Calling it a night. Its a tiring game, tension wise. Bloody good though.
  • Jesus fecking christ this mission (10). Done aload of stuff though i would go to the save point, as i save the game and turn around i see the alien in the room with her back to me. Just managed to sneak out and into a locker. Fuck. This is by far the worse mission so far. Its nerve shredding. I think i need to go for a poo.
  • Wow, haven’t been in this thread since 2014. First post I see is Tempy’s mini-review. I trust his judgment somewhat and maybe I should play this some day.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Wow, haven’t been in this thread since 2014. First post I see is Tempy’s mini-review. I trust his judgment somewhat and maybe I should play this some day.

It’s genuinely one of my highlights of the gen.
  • Going back in time is not kind. Feels like another person wrote those posts.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    One of the reasons I'm glad the edge room is gone. I genuinely dislike 2006 me. I know I'm still insufferable to other people on here but at least I am *more* comfortable with myself on here
  • Spoiler for mission 10
    Spoiler:

When i have finished this game i will go through the thread from the start and read tempy's review of it.
  • It wasn’t an in depth review as such that I just chanced upon. More a small para or two.
  • Kow told me I was dumb because it didn't scare me as much as it scared, him cos being scared by it showed intelligence or something?
  • That's how it works with the Blair Witch Project.
  • Just finished mission 10. That really should be the end of the game. But its not. What a very very long mission.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    That's how it works with the Blair Witch Project.

Was that supposed to be scary?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Kow told me I was dumb because it didn't scare me as much as it scared, him cos being scared by it showed intelligence or something?

Well I don't remember saying that but it sounds right, so yes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!